“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Trading Grimes? I don't think that's the answer but if we can a decent wing that's at least 6'8 then yeah. But Grimes hasn't even tapped into his potential yet offensively. Defensively we've seen what he can do & he's gonna get better. It's exactly why I keep repeating he needs to work with Allan Houston & not Penny Hardaway because of the similarities to their offensive game
I do think he should give this a chance

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Miami knows how to defend and will give us fits if we play them for real. Bucks D Isnt da best right now but they are a lot more talented than us.
Yea but on a paper, Julius should destroy Miami. They don’t have an answer for him AND one of our active as hell centers. That’s why that playoff series was such a fukking blower. Miami’s defense is predicated on IQ and execution. Not size.

Really good breakdown of Spo and his defensive philosophy. About 4 minutes in.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It’s quite funny to see how Knicks fans on Twitter have rejoiced to trade Grimes and how hard they’ve been on him.

Meanwhile Frank and RJ stunk it up year after year and fans just blamed everyone around them or their roles despite their play being far more detrimental than Grimes play who is utilized as a defender and low usage spot up shooter and is above league average from three. Not only that but Grimes brings balance to our starting 5. From day one it’s cats saying start Quickley without considering the effect it would have on our bench unit.

Is this fanbase retarded, brehs?
TO BE FAIR, we’re so much closer to contending now than we were then. Last year most of the fanbase was ok with trading RJ if it meant upgrading the roster. Grimes would have been untouchable on those Frank teams. But NOW… if he’s in the way of an elite wing trade… peace fam. It’s not personal…

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
TO BE FAIR, we’re so much closer to contending now than we were then. Last year most of the fanbase was ok with trading RJ if it meant upgrading the roster. Grimes would have been untouchable on those Frank teams. But NOW… if he’s in the way of an elite wing trade… peace fam. It’s not personal…
He’s not in the way of anything and there’s no elite wings available unless you want Zach LaVine.

They been on his dikk since the season started.

Nikkas pick favorites it’s that simple.

Glorious

All Star
Daps
Why Knicks fans be on Grimes dikk?
squabble-fight.gif

What's up player? What's really good? You still watching those JJ Reddikk Summer Mix 15 seconds workout clips? Reminiscing on those Melo workout mix clips. Catch ya later.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
squabble-fight.gif

What's up player? What's really good? You still watching those JJ Reddikk Summer Mix 15 seconds workout clips? Reminiscing on those Melo workout mix clips. Catch ya later.
This nikka here was one of the main Grimes haters since even before this season.

Why so Knicks fans hate Grimes?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Nothing against Grimes but I agree here. RJ should go back to his natural position as a two guard. I was hoping Paul George would have been that target to be that Big wing but the Clippers are turning it around

Glorious

All Star
Daps
This nikka here was one of the main Grimes haters since even before this season.

Why so Knicks fans hate Grimes?
Breh. You are going thru it. I get it. I'm going to take the high road.

there-there-300-x-164-gif-uefqray35c75o00s.gif

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s not in the way of anything and there’s no elite wings available unless you want Zach LaVine.

People have a issue with da way grimes plays, but its partly because of da way he is used.

Almost every time Grimes get da ball he seems slightly surprised and rushes to shoot, or does that pump fake and drives some what recklessly.

I think people are realizing that will always be his role,because thibs isnt gonna run plays for him and none of da other starters look for him.

If that's da case, and we signed Donte to further take away minutes from him, it makes sense to consider trading him. This team isn't there yet and Grimes is still considered a high value young player.

It looks like he has a ceiling with us, as long as thibs is here Atleast. Donte already looks more comfortable than him after 10 games and he's the only new player on da team lol. We need to make a move, our core as is aint cuttin it.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I think it’s the opposite. It’s like a portion of the fanbase HAS to turn its negative attention towards someone, whether it was Mitch a few years ago, Julius, RJ etc. Most of us in here have been guilty of it. It’s just Grimes turn to prove us wrong like the rest of those guys did. Best believe had RJ started slow he’d be getting crucified. But he’s been good. Brunson’s been good. Julius has even been good. Mitch has been amazing. IQ has been good. Donte has shown flashes and the Hart foundation are who they are. Grimes has been the obvious “weak link” in our rotation. Our expectations for him were for him to step up the 3 in his 3 and D prototype and he hasn’t yet. So he’s getting picked on. :manny: