“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I was another one. I thought Cam could be that piece we needed as a bigger wing, but now I know he is not.

There are a few guys but none of them are great and I got to repeat that the Knicks don’t want to fukk up and lose IQ by adding a guy who takes their money. Off the top of my head I have said Jerami Grant a few times before, but the money is rough, and while they might go over the cap the more I think about it the more I think that it’s not a good fit based on money or what his role would be.

So there are some reclamation projects out there the Knicks could maybe add to try and fix the issue De’andre Hunter or Siddiq Bey. Of the two I think Hunter might hit the market. They should want to keep Siddiq, Bogdan can play SF, Jalen Johnson can play PF, and they still have AJ Griffin they just drafted. Flipside Bey might be available if the Hawks don’t want to pay him, but they should which is why I think Hunter hits the market. Hawks have him as a starter and I think he’s a bench piece. Money works perfectly with Fournier too. Knicks just need a guy who can come in and make guys like Tatum, Luka, and Antman work to score, while not being somebody the opposing team can then ignore on defense.

Another guy to consider is Patrick Williams but that injury he had a few seasons ago stalled his development to the point I think he is a complete reclamation project and not someone Thibs would deal with.
Why would the Hawks make Hunter available? I thought he was a key piece for them.

Big Mountain Hélà

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
954/718

:blessed:Props to Youngmisuk

My expectations for this season
(What each player should strive for)

Mitch- D.P.O.Y
Quick- M.I.P
Brunson- MVP candidate
Rj- don’t get benched or traded
Grimes- 6moy
Randle- all defense team
Thibs- C.O.Y
Sims/McBride- join the rotationn
Donte/hart/ihart know your roles
Fournier- plant seeds in Wembys ear of how great ny is

:sas1:

Mitchell Robinson is on the coli
:ohhh::mjlol:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Why would the Hawks make Hunter available? I thought he was a key piece for them.
Not really, Siddiq Bey, Bogdan, and Jalen Johnson are all there and can play SF. Hunter will have a good game every couple of games. When he plays the Knicks he plays harder, but that is probably because he has a little rivalry with RJ since he was drafted right after him.

Hunter has been mentioned in rumors for months. His contract is a bit tough for a team whose books ain’t good, but the Knicks have the same amount sitting on the bench in Fournier.

The only real concern is like I said, would this limit the money the team could offer IQ? Hunter isn’t worth risking losing IQ in FA.

Big Mountain Hélà

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
954/718
G league but still, does he have more upside than Obi?
:jbhmm:

The younger Toppin shines for Knicks in G League with dominant performance​

By Jordanna Clark | Nov 21, 2023 | Updated: Nov 22, 2023, 10:55 AM EST​

New York Knicks, Jacob Toppin

New York Knicks, Jacob Toppin / Sarah Stier/GettyImages
In the same offseason, the New York Knicks traded Obi Toppin and signed his younger brother, Jacob Toppin, to a two-way contract. New York signed Jacob after he went undrafted in June, and his work throughout preseason earned him one of the team's three two ways.
Westchester, New York's G League affiliate, started its season less than two weeks ago. In the team's fifth game of 2023-24 on Monday, Jacob stole the show with 37 points (10-of-17 from the field and 4-of-9 from three) and 10 rebounds.

In what was an otherwise discouraging night for the Knicks, who lost by 17 to the Timberwolves, Westchester pulled out a 125-101 win over Raptors 905.

Westchester finished with a poor 9-23 record last year and missed the playoffs entirely. It's still early in the season, but the Knicks look much improved as the team is averaging 123.2 points per game (fourth-best in the league) and are shooting an average of 50.4% from the field, second to the Santa Cruz Warriors

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Not really, Siddiq Bey, Bogdan, and Jalen Johnson are all there and can play SF. Hunter will have a good game every couple of games. When he plays the Knicks he plays harder, but that is probably because he has a little rivalry with RJ since he was drafted right after him.

Hunter has been mentioned in rumors for months. His contract is a bit tough for a team whose books ain’t good, but the Knicks have the same amount sitting on the bench in Fournier.

The only real concern is like I said, would this limit the money the team could offer IQ? Hunter isn’t worth risking losing IQ in FA.
I don’t hate it. I don’t think money is an issue for this team. IQ can be matched and unless a team offers him 30 million a year, the Knicks will work something out with him regardless.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
For the most part, outside politics was always something that I was happy didn't leak into our knicks thread.

You're such a little person, breh.
:what: Breh, I know you got a big dikk so I’ma let it slide but I was heartbroken to find out my nikka is on the wrong side of things by supporting these baby murderers. You don’t want innocent blood on your hands, breh.