“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Henryflo1

All Star
Daps
I know this shyt is a business but Brunson didn't take a pay cut for his mans to get traded. He did something for the team to benefit and from the outside looking in the organization spit in his face. I don't think he has Lebron like GM powers but they did get these dudes to play around him. And I'm sure if he had a say Dante wouldn't have been traded
If you think they didn’t consult Brunson before they did this trade, then you need to reevaluate your thinking. This move benefits Brunson the most.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If you think they didn’t consult Brunson before they did this trade, then you need to reevaluate your thinking. This move benefits Brunson the most.
maybe, maybe not. The signs for the trade was there but with Hartenstein leaving, Randle not extending, and Mitch being hurt…. This could have been a bit of a course direction trade/panic trade to try and fix the hole at center.

I am open to either possibility being true.

Deading the Villanova chemistry experiment before it even happened and putting Thibs with KAT again, Brunson taking less to play with his boys and they instead use that to trade for KAT, Them making Brunson a captain and not a co-captain with Randle. Mitch healing slow….. To me it screams they made miscalculations this summer. This feels more like a Kemba/Fournier move than the OG/Bridges moves.

i am also assuming they are going to have to squeeze water out of a lemon and make amother move to help with the bench. Because the best bench player right now is McBride and Hart is in the starting lineup. It doesn’t really work. Maybe they make precious the starting PF, since he can do the dirt while KAT roams. Hart and McBride off the bench works better.

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We didn't even get to see all 4 Nova Knicks on the court for even a minute smh
I feel almost fukking ripped off
That was gonna be some history and something we had been excited about all offseason

Mitch being hurt for the 100th time forced them to pull the trigger ASAP
I would've loved to have seen this team play before making any moves

I don't think this trade really effects their ceiling much (I already thought they could win the title) but they increased the duration of their window since they weren't gonna resign Randle

Daps
On the fence about this trade ngl. On one hand we got marginally better just off spacing alone and shooting. On the other, beyblade had grit and was apart of our identity built around having that dog, so was DiVo and our chemistry was od. Imma miss Randle, he was the first free agent in a while that fukked with the towns and embraced being here. We dont even know which voice KAT is even gonna have when he shows up. He might sound like a drill rapper from the BX or mickey fukkin mouse. shyt is weird all around.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I’m 100 percent confident Brunson did not approve of Donte getting traded. That roommate show block party was literally Hart and Brunson talking looking forward to playing as a Nova 4.

They may have given Brunson a heads up that this was going down but he did not approve of this.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
I’m 100 percent confident Brunson did not approve of Donte getting traded. That roommate show block party was literally Hart and Brunson talking looking forward to playing as a Nova 4.

They may have given Brunson a heads up that this was going down but he did not approve of this.
Yeah a trade at what 9 pm on a Friday stinks of them rushing too.…. I mean Thibs probably gave his approval but Thibs and KAT was arguably the worst pairing of both their careers. Both of them basically ruined each other‘s reputations.

This trade works on paper but it still doesn’t make sense If you think about everything else. Like I said this feels like Kemba/Fournier

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks

Who cares?this shyt isn’t a pick up game at recess where rosters are built with friends groups. They’ve given him a top 3 lineup to work with.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Who cares?this shyt isn’t a pick up game at recess where rosters are built with friends groups. They’ve given him a top 3 lineup to work with.
Brunson left 100 of Millions on the table and they gave him the captain title. If this team doesn’t gel or underperforms shyt could go south quick. The whole league is based on relationships and players have become disgruntled for less.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Except the last thing you want to do is anger your franchise player. Trading one of his closest friends after he did you a massive favor absolutely can have an effect

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Brunson left 100 of Millions on the table and they gave him the captain title. If this team doesn’t gel or underperforms shyt could go south quick. The whole league is based on relationships and players have become disgruntled for less.
We have no idea how any of them felt about anything. Theres already reports that Dante wasn’t as high on the super friends as we like to think.

It’s a business and our roster is stacked. Dante is not the missing piece.