“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Randle was gonna get traded. He's an expiring contract. You don't want to lose both Hartenstein and then Randle for nothing. Losing one for nothing is bad enough.

Donte wasn't getting enough minutes this upcoming season after the Bridges deal was done. To have two guys complaining about minutes could've been a real problem

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Absolutely hate this trade. Haven't been this pissed about the Knicks in a while. Once again we do the same old bullshyt of sacrificing team chemistry for the big name. Randle and DiVo are DOGS, which is what we need and what got all of us so hyped last year. This trade kills the identity we were building. Whatever good energies from last year's run are dead. Losing IHart was HUGE and directly led to this.

Basically we've lost Randle, IHart and DiVo for KAT. :scust:
iHart was out of your control.

But both teams shoulda just ran it back.

But your identity is Brunson, Thibs and 2 Nova guys. All that changed is you're down a Nova guy, the most expendable Nova guy. That didn't change, and eventually things were gonna change up front because y'all didn't wanna pay Randle. (It's like Ingram in NO, good players who nobody wants to give big money to anymore)

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
maybe, maybe not. The signs for the trade was there but with Hartenstein leaving, Randle not extending, and Mitch being hurt…. This could have been a bit of a course direction trade/panic trade to try and fix the hole at center.

I am open to either possibility being true.

Deading the Villanova chemistry experiment before it even happened and putting Thibs with KAT again, Brunson taking less to play with his boys and they instead use that to trade for KAT, Them making Brunson a captain and not a co-captain with Randle. Mitch healing slow….. To me it screams they made miscalculations this summer. This feels more like a Kemba/Fournier move than the OG/Bridges moves.

i am also assuming they are going to have to squeeze water out of a lemon and make amother move to help with the bench. Because the best bench player right now is McBride and Hart is in the starting lineup. It doesn’t really work. Maybe they make precious the starting PF, since he can do the dirt while KAT roams. Hart and McBride off the bench works better.
I don’t hate this actually…

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If you think they didn’t consult Brunson before they did this trade, then you need to reevaluate your thinking. This move benefits Brunson the most.

So you think Brunson took a paycut for them to trade one of his best friends? These dudes where giddy like children when they got bridges and do all these group facetimes. I just don't see JB being cool with them doing this considering the "nova knicks" was the biggest talking point. If this affects morale..... I'm mad at Randal going aswell but if you had to do it try to give them duece and cam payne or some shyt. Not the other piece of voltron.... dront office fukked up

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Absolutely hate this trade. Haven't been this pissed about the Knicks in a while. Once again we do the same old bullshyt of sacrificing team chemistry for the big name. Randle and DiVo are DOGS, which is what we need and what got all of us so hyped last year. This trade kills the identity we were building. Whatever good energies from last year's run are dead. Losing IHart was HUGE and directly led to this.

Basically we've lost Randle, IHart and DiVo for KAT. :scust:

Exactly... the fact that dudes in here are acting like they don't know the history of the knicks is wild. They folded and did the stupid ass shyt they always do.... what I was hoping they wouldn't do...

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
That Donte point may have legs

Thos makes no sense considering he was a bench player anyway... and the stigma of "Thibs running his guys into the ground" is how he got those minutes. he's not gonna go to a team and get the minutes he got last year. Especially considering that the knicks were injured and thats how he came into the role.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Not even gon lie I wish we traded this goofy cornball instead :patrice:

Told you.... the front office spit in nikkas faces. If Hart didn't know then JB didn't know..... Brunson gonna be extra depressed when they trade his ace boon by either the deadline or next season. Take a pay cut to play with your friends while having your teams front office trade your friends brehs :francis:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Mitch and OG for Booker?

It's not even gonna be the same team anymore smh. But it is what it is. KNICKS all day but it'll probably take me a while to gwt over this... I saw a meme that said the knicks had formed a superteam of role players which was hilarious yet somewhat true at the same time... the whole vibe is dead now