Disabled Black Man Shot Dead by Police While Reading in the Car

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I watched the big 3 news channels(Fox, MSNBC,CNN) and I didn't hear anything about this just debate talk. Is it safe to say this presidential debate gives news outlets a justification to sweep this under the rug?
Nah, there's gonna be another incident like Dallas soon and it'll be right back in the news.

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
Charlotte officer did not activate body camera until after Keith Scott had been shot

In order to activate audio recording and to begin saving video, an officer must double tap a large button on the camera, Tuttle said. The camera then begins recording all audio and video moving forward and automatically saves the video images of the previous 30 seconds.

“When you watch some of these videos, they are totally silent for 30 seconds,” Tuttle said. “Then you instantly hear the double beep and that was the very instant the person double clicked the event button.” In the body camera footage released Saturday, the double beep and audio recording are not heard until after Scott has been shot.

The department’s body camera policy, effective June 2016, states that officers must fully activate their body cameras “prior to or in anticipation of” interactions with civilians resulting from traffic stops, suspicious vehicle or persons investigations, arrests, use of force incidents and voluntary investigative conduct. In the policy, “voluntary investigative conduct” is defined as “the mere suspicion of some type of criminal activity by a person,” which fits the description of why police say officers confronted Scott.

According to the police narrative of the incident, an officer saw Scott hold up a gun, which prompted the plainclothes officers to leave the area, put on vests marked with police insignia, and then return to detain Scott.
Spent Millions of dollars on body cameras and still framed him.

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
The first story after the shooting

The officers respond
Shortly before 4 p.m. Tuesday, officers with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police's metro division crime reduction unit were searching an apartment complex for a suspect with an outstanding warrant.

"Officers observed a subject inside a vehicle in the apartment complex," and "the subject exited the vehicle armed with a firearm," the police said.

"Officers observed the subject get back into the vehicle, at which time they began to approach the subject," the police said.

The shooting
Officers gave Scott loud verbal commands to get out, police said this morning. That's when he got out of the car with a handgun, police said.

Police said he "posed an imminent deadly threat to the officers, who subsequently fired their weapon, striking the subject."

He was taken to a hospital, where he was declared dead, police said.

Officers recovered a handgun "in close proximity" to Scott's body, police said.

What We Know About the Charlotte Shooting

Now...

According to a Charlotte police statement issued with the videos of the Keith Scott incident on Saturday, two plain-clothes officers in an unmarked car were preparing to serve an arrest warrant on an unrelated subject when Scott parked his SUV beside them.

Those officers saw that Scott was “rolling what they believed to be a marijuana ‘blunt’,” the police department said in a statement released with the video on Saturday, but “did not consider Mr Scott’s drug activity to be a priority”.

Then an officer “observed Mr Scott hold a gun up”, the department said. “Due to the combination of illegal drugs and the gun Mr Scott had in his possession, officers decided to take enforcement action for public safety concerns.”

The officers returned with marked vests and approached Scott, giving verbal commands to drop the gun, according to the statement. A third officer arrived in uniform and Scott exited his car, backing away from it. According to the department, officer Brentley Vinson “perceived Mr Scott’s actions and movements as an imminent physical threat to himself and the other officers”, and fired.

Charlotte police release footage of fatal Keith Scott shooting

:jbhmm:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
All people have to do to combat this, is to have their own dashcams. One in the front, and one in the back.
I don't know too much about them but these look like some good ones:

https://www.amazon. com/Rexing-Dashboard-Recorder-G-Sensor-Recording/dp/B00X528FNE/ref=zg_bs_3248689011_1

https://www.amazon. com/OldShark-Degree-Recorder-G-Sensor-Detection/dp/B01DLWBPCA/ref=zg_bs_3248689011_4

https://www.amazon. com/Ausdom-Dashboard-Resolution-Detection-Loop-Cycle/dp/B011I4XMXS/ref=zg_bs_3248689011_19

Edit: For some reason amazon links don't work, so there is a space before the 'com'.

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I don't know too much about them but these look like some good ones:

https://www.amazon. com/Rexing-Dashboard-Recorder-G-Sensor-Recording/dp/B00X528FNE/ref=zg_bs_3248689011_1

https://www.amazon. com/OldShark-Degree-Recorder-G-Sensor-Detection/dp/B01DLWBPCA/ref=zg_bs_3248689011_4

https://www.amazon. com/Ausdom-Dashboard-Resolution-Detection-Loop-Cycle/dp/B011I4XMXS/ref=zg_bs_3248689011_19

Edit: For some reason amazon links don't work, so there is a space before the 'com'.

Good look on the links. I need to cop a dash cam asap.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
All people have to do to combat this, is to have their own dashcams. One in the front, and one in the back.

Good look on the links. I need to cop a dash cam asap.
also get those small security hidden camera on your person at all time (if you can have the video save in one of those streaming drive automatically)