Disabled Black Man Shot Dead by Police While Reading in the Car

DontDoIt

Innocent Bystander
Supporter
Daps
I even know anymore man.

Now the cops just won't release body cam video. What's the point of having them...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/politics/north-carolina-police-recording-law/

Chicago Police Hid Mics, Destroyed Dashcams To Block Audio, Records Show

Chicago Police Department officers stashed microphones in their squad car glove boxes. They pulled out batteries. Microphone antennas got busted or went missing. And sometimes, dashcam systems didn’t have any microphones at all, DNAinfo Chicago has learned.

Police officials last month blamed the absence of audio in 80 percent of dashcam videos on officer error and “intentional destruction.”

A DNAinfo Chicago review of more than 1,800 police maintenance logs sheds light on the no-sound syndrome plaguing Police Department videos — including its most notorious dashcam case.

Maintenance records of the squad car used by Jason Van Dyke, who shot and killed Laquan McDonald, and his partner, Joseph Walsh, show monthslong delays for two dashcam repairs, including a long wait to fix “intentional damage.”

On June 17, 2014, police technicians reported fixing a dashcam wiring issue in police vehicle No. 6412, the squad shared by Van Dyke and Walsh, about three months after it was reported broken, records show.

A day later, the same vehicle's dashcam system was reported busted again. It took until Oct. 8, 2014, to complete repairs of what technicians deemed “intentional damage,” according to reports.

Just 12 days later, on Oct. 20, 2014, dashcam video recorded from squad car No. 6412 on the night Van Dyke shot and killed McDonald did not record audio. The video that went viral showing Van Dyke killing Laquan was taken from a different squad car, but it, too, had no audio.

And on Nov. 21, 2014, a review of 10 videos downloaded from Van Dyke's squad car dashcam determined it was “apparent … that personnel have failed to sync the MICs [sic],” police records show.

They are just toys.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Obviously screening issues with the police departments. They are hiring psychopaths and homicidal maniacs. Whatever testing system they are using to hire candidates is broken

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
They DEFINITELY wont release the tapes. Its daylight so you can see EVERYTHING, including who shot, when they shot, and what was in his hands. Body Cam footage is usually decent quality.

Dashcam and bodycam footage is the key. It tells everything.

Im just curious as to what she meant by "Dont do it". Is that in reference to the cops or to her husband.

All Star
Daps
Its funny how they keep saying a black cop shot him when there are 4 other white cops at the scene all pointing their guns at Keith Scott.

These cacs want us to believe only the brotha shot at him?

Fukkin pigs :pacspit:
I don't even see the relevance to who shot him. As if a black cop no longer makes this an injustice

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
They DEFINITELY wont release the tapes. Its daylight so you can see EVERYTHING, including who shot, when they shot, and what was in his hands. Body Cam footage is usually decent quality.

Dashcam and bodycam footage is the key. It tells everything.

Im just curious as to what she meant by "Dont do it". Is that in reference to the cops or to her husband.
Seems like shes telling the cops.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Wish I never watched that video. :stopitslime:

I'm so pisst right now.
At my work someone put the video up on a screen and this one closest racist motherfukker from South Carolina was like, "I'm not saying it was okay that they shot him, but.....he could have listened to them"

:pacspit:

I got heated, there was an argument, and I'm still fukking beside myself right now. Setting aside all the dumb ass things that can be said to this person, since when did not listening to the cops become a death sentence. The fukking wife says he has a traumatic brain injury. I don't care if he had a gun or not. The cops should be able to safely de-escalate situations without killing so many fukking people. You've got verbal skills to de-escalate, you've got non lethal options like pepper sprays, and less lethal options like tasers. Why the fukk are so many people getting shot? It's infuriating.
:mindblown:

Why are our tax dollars giving these murderers paid vacations when they kill people in hate crimes at most, or at the least...when they commit unbelievable negligence?!

Why are they asking him to get out of the car in at own home? What did this man do wrong, besides being a black man?

I hate that I have so many names of unarmed and innocent people seared into my memory. I was talking to my mom last night about the situation in Charlotte, and I rattled off a good 10-12 names of people murdered by cops in high profile cases in the past year or so, alone.

It shouldn't be like this. We have GOT the fix this. My big concern too is that people are going to get desensitized to it. I['m scared that it's already happening. The guy at work said "Oh they released the video? Pull it up" in a room full of 6 people, without even asking if anyone in the room might not want to witness a fukking murder at 3pm on a Friday.

I'm physically shaking with anger at so much right now. Last thing I'll say. EVEN in ACTUAL WAR...there are rules of engagement. In Iraq and Afghanistan, American military forces can't just open fire, even if they SEE a fukking weapon. They have to get fired on first. So why are civilians (cops are civilians and people forget that) allowed to unload on other unarmed or non-threatening citizens?

This is horse shyt.

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps
Assuming nothing illegal like planting a gun occurred, I'm with the cops on this one. Having a TBI or any other mentaldisability isn't a free pass to exclude deadly force, especially in a situation where your life can potentially depend onmilliseconds of reaction time.

fukking cacs

goatnole

BamaBoy!
Daps
Reppin
FSU
"Keith! Don't you do it."

Seems like she was trying to calm down both sides. First calling out to her husband, and then begging the police not to shoot.
I think he wasn't going to comply, that's why she was saying "Don't do it" "Get out the car before they break the windows" "He does not have a weapon"

Kobes Two Jerseys

Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
"Keith! Don't you do it."

Seems like she was trying to calm down both sides. First calling out to her husband, and then begging the police not to shoot.
I'm curious how they are going to spin the gun not being at his feet in the video, after they released a photo that supposedly shows a gun at his feet.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
This is fukking deep though. Even if you get a chance to film you HAVE to be familiar with your camera and tech, a zoom in and constant aim at her husband and it changes everything.

Also, "don't do it" pretty much just exposes which side you are biased towards. It means nothing at this point.

Kobes Two Jerseys

Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
At my work someone put the video up on a screen and this one closest racist motherfukker from South Carolina was like, "I'm not saying it was okay that they shot him, but.....he could have listened to them"

:pacspit:

I got heated, there was an argument, and I'm still fukking beside myself right now. Setting aside all the dumb ass things that can be said to this person, since when did not listening to the cops become a death sentence. The fukking wife says he has a traumatic brain injury. I don't care if he had a gun or not. The cops should be able to safely de-escalate situations without killing so many fukking people. You've got verbal skills to de-escalate, you've got non lethal options like pepper sprays, and less lethal options like tasers. Why the fukk are so many people getting shot? It's infuriating.
:mindblown:

Why are our tax dollars giving these murderers paid vacations when they kill people in hate crimes at most, or at the least...when they commit unbelievable negligence?!

Why are they asking him to get out of the car in at own home? What did this man do wrong, besides being a black man?

I hate that I have so many names of unarmed and innocent people seared into my memory. I was talking to my mom last night about the situation in Charlotte, and I rattled off a good 10-12 names of people murdered by cops in high profile cases in the past year or so, alone.

It shouldn't be like this. We have GOT the fix this. My big concern too is that people are going to get desensitized to it. I['m scared that it's already happening. The guy at work said "Oh they released the video? Pull it up" in a room full of 6 people, without even asking if anyone in the room might not want to witness a fukking murder at 3pm on a Friday.

I'm physically shaking with anger at so much right now. Last thing I'll say. EVEN in ACTUAL WAR...there are rules of engagement. In Iraq and Afghanistan, American military forces can't just open fire, even if they SEE a fukking weapon. They have to get fired on first. So why are civilians (cops are civilians and people forget that) allowed to unload on other unarmed or non-threatening citizens?

This is horse shyt.
Stay strong man. Stand strong. The reality is this, these are modern day lynchings and they are doing this as a tactic to break people down. They want people to be desensitized. That will cannot and will not happen.