Dirk says Lebron passes MJ when he becomes the all-time scorer

Daps
He said he's "running out of arguments" not that Lebron "will be the GOAT" as this thread title claims.

The argument makes no sense since Kareem is currently the leading scorer and has 6 rings and 6 MVP's but how many are calling him the GOAT over Jordan?

Karl Malone, Lebron, Kobe are all ahead of Jordan all time in total points, AND?

What does being the leading scorer have to do with the GOAT when MJ has 10 scoring titles? Recency bias at its finest. Wacky argument :confused::scusthov:

Daps
FjJjoF-WQAAYq00

Mike did that in 11 healthy seasons and the chasm between them is still there. Every time Lebron does anything, its about "he's going to pass Mike", "he's going to eclispse Jordan".

If Lebron isn't winning Championships, MVP's and Finals MVP's, I don't wanna hear it. The bar is set too low for this dude.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Dudes are talking out of their asses. If you disagree, look up threads with comparisons between KAJ and Jordan and watch the same posters dismiss the all time scoring record as if it doesnt hold weight. But now suddenly it does hold weight.
They’ll claim lebron is better than Jordan at the other things ,but no dude who pulled that 2011 finals performance & needed multiple prime stars to compete will ever be better than mike imo :yeshrug:

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FjJjoF-WQAAYq00

Mike did that in 11 healthy seasons and the chasm between them is still there. Every time Lebron does anything, its about "he's going to pass Mike", "he's going to eclispse Jordan".

If Lebron isn't winning Championships, MVP's and Finals MVP's, I don't wanna hear it. The bar is set too low for this dude.
The gap between Jordan and Lebron in accomplishments is a hall of fame career. There is a hell of a lot more Bron has to do to catch MJ.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
The gap between Jordan and Lebron in accomplishments is a hall of fame career. There is a hell of a lot more Bron has to do to catch MJ.
7 all nba teams and counting
4 all star appearances and counting
1 assist title
4 finals appearances
4,770 points
4,412 assists
3,538 rebounds
all time points leader

The gap between Lebron and Jordan in accomplishments is a HOF career :troll:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Year 13 nah lol. Now that’s doing to much. But Lebron has been greater than Mike. I don’t really see how it’s a debate anymore

Year 13 was 2016. That was it, his career resume to that point was already astounding and he capped that season off with the greatest Finals performance ever---->most basketball heads, irrespective of whether they are LeBron "fans" or not, recognize his Games 5 thru 7 as the greatest three game postseason run of all time, for the degree of difficulty in what he was seeking to accomplish and the level of play he was bringing on BOTH sides:

Year 13 did it. I, like millions of others, watched that series in real time and watched his career in real time, I didn't need anyone else's opinion to validate mine, I know what I saw. But I am far from alone in recognizing exactly WHAT we saw in the '16 Finals (and in his career at large)...

he already has imo but the “lack” of chips/winning record in the finals in comparison to MJ is all folks can cling on to at this point

Which is the dumbest argument ever. Mike played 15 years, when he had comparable rosters to the '07 or '18 Cavs, or the '15 Finals Cavs roster sans Love and Kyrie, he couldn't win a playoff game---->if he even made the playoffs...

Yet somehow carrying insufficient rosters to the cusp of championships is more of a demerit than not even getting close...

Basketball in Bron's era was more sophisticated, better athletes, deeper talent pool. Those are objective facts. Michael Jordan not winning no gotdamn 6 titles if his career was 2004 to 2023, instead of 1984 to 2003, and certainly not "undefeated". Everybody knows this but heads love playing dumb with the ring counting shyt---->like you said it's the only thing these nikkas can hang on to at this point...

He said he's "running out of arguments" not that Lebron "will be the GOAT" as this thread title claims.

The argument makes no sense since Kareem is currently the leading scorer and has 6 rings and 6 MVP's but how many are calling him the GOAT over Jordan?

Karl Malone, Lebron, Kobe are all ahead of Jordan all time in total points, AND?

What does being the leading scorer have to do with the GOAT when MJ has 10 scoring titles? Recency bias at its finest. Wacky argument :confused::scusthov:

Because there are two many legitimate weaknesses in Kareem's resume, stop talking like he and Bron have equal resumes...

Kareem choked in multiple Finals and multiple playoff series, not just one; Kareem never did anything noteworthy, in terms of winning basketball, without an elite point; Kareem was the best player in basketball for a decade and got one ring and two Finals appearances out of that "domination"...

I'll stop there...

Kobe entered The League riding the pine, he wasn't one of these guys who entered the NBA guns blazing--->you know, like Mike, or Kareem, or Bron, etc. It's a legitimate demerit against him in comparison to others, some guys walked in the door as That Guy, he objectively needed a few years to mature into That Guy;

I don't support guys who call Kobe outright "inefficient", but his efficiency compared to several All-Time wing scorers (Bron and Mike again, add Bird, add KD, etc), both befire AND after he played, was bottom tier, we have guys who could score at Kobe volume and do it more efficiently, so his All-Time points is diluted if comparing him to a select few,

Kobe Bryant is one of very few pantheon greats, quite possibly the only Top 10'er, who doesn't have a single All-Time Finals series. That's a legitimate negative, he played in 7 of those muhfukkas and doesn't have ONE that registers as an All-Time demonstration--->his best Finals end to end was '09 and would be the 4th or 5th best Finals for Bron or Mike, minimum...

I'll stop here, there are too many holes in Kobe's resume...

I don't know why you're bringing up Karl Malone. His career is not even in the same category as any of these other guys...

I gotta remember, you're the 26-year old Jordan Stan who never saw any Mike game live but let YouTube and popular opinion dictate Mike as GOAT to you 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣....

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
FjJjoF-WQAAYq00

🤣 boy stop...

They’ll claim lebron is better than Jordan at the other things ,but no dude who pulled that 2011 finals performance & needed multiple prime stars to compete will ever be better than mike imo :yeshrug:

This is the only argument for Mike that makes any sense. It's not one I agree with, but it's a logical one, if you go down the list of GOAT candidates---->Bron, Kareem, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Wilt, whoever--->Mike is the one you could never say he "choked a series"...

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lebron haters in shambles. all this time they put more weight on opinions of those "who actually played the game". now we're seeing more players evaluating bron's body of work and admitting he's a serious contender for goat. personally i still have mj ranked #1, but as lebron's legacy settles in i can see opinions changing. bron is definitely this generation's goat though.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
🤣 boy stop...

This is the only argument for Mike that makes any sense. It's not one I agree with, but it's a logical one, if you go down the list of GOAT candidates---->Bron, Kareem, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Wilt, whoever--->Mike is the one you could never say he "choked a series"...
I watched Jordan play in real time

That’s literally my point if you Ever watched mike live dude would NEVER pull that ‘11 finals shyt. I’m on record saying lebron #2 all time I can acknowledge that , no hate at all(even tho his Luka type ball dominance skews the stats) dude longevity,stats,accolades etc he definitely the greatest I ever saw outside jordan

And pippen overrated af imo & I’ve seen you say similar sentiments, of course dude was critical to the bulls 6 titles but dude wasn’t that guy like the media be trying to make him. He was solid not spectacular