Dirk says Lebron passes MJ when he becomes the all-time scorer

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
My only thing with people who say Bron had all these premier teammates, is damn near every GOAT has that on the road to championships. I'm not talking about counting HOF'ers, I'm talking the actual construction of rosters relative to The Field in a given era...

Mike's 90s Bulls were absolutely stacked relative to peers in the 90s. Guys rebutting with "Pippen was the only All-Star" or "he only had a couple HOF teammates", is irrelevant because dudes are arguing from an intellectually dishonest place, comparing the Bulls to teams not of that era...

So it's a nonstarter for me when people say Mike never had all these premier players, Mike played on three or four rosters better than Bron's best roster. Every great player had help on the road to riches. There's Ewings and Reggies and Barkleys who wish they had the teams around them Mike had on the same era...

Pippen at peak was a borderline Top 5 player, I don't doubt he's overrated. Mike's success without him is nearly nothing though. I don't think he was That Guy but he was the perfect wingman for Mike, if nothing else he deserves his due for that...
Yes pippen was, but could he take over games like wade /kyrie/ad did while playing with Lebron? Nope ,he wasn’t that dude even if the bulls were more stacked in their respective era

And I agree in the 90’s the bulls were more talented than the rest ,this why arguing eras is dumb.today is different than the 90’s the game ,free agency ,referees everything.skill wise jordan & lebron are neck & neck but Jordan wasn’t letting nobody beat him , y’all act like mike didn’t beat mvp/runner up mvps in multiple finals (‘91, ‘92,’93,97,98)

5 of his 6 championships were vs the mvp of the league or the dude who was 2nd behind mike

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
FjJjoF-WQAAYq00

Mike did that in 11 healthy seasons and the chasm between them is still there. Every time Lebron does anything, its about "he's going to pass Mike", "he's going to eclispse Jordan".

If Lebron isn't winning Championships, MVP's and Finals MVP's, I don't wanna hear it. The bar is set too low for this dude.
I agree, I always say they grade Bron on a curve in order to prop him up against MJ. 20 years in and we still waiting. Low key that’s why he keeps playing and probably will get to 45 years old trying to be goat:mjcry:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I agree that he wouldn't have a 2011, but at the same time, I don't think he would've had a 2016 because Jordan just wasn't as good at the overall game of basketball as LeBron is.

He didn't have the playmaking ability, nor did he have the defensive IQ and switchability that Bron had.
Yes he did bro, the game in 1980’s/1990’s wasn’t the same

When Jordan played pg , I’m talking strictly pg ,dude put up 28 games with 10–19 assists a game he finished #1 In scoring & # 10 In assists in ‘88-‘89

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
My only thing with people who say Bron had all these premier teammates, is damn near every GOAT has that on the road to championships. I'm not talking about counting HOF'ers, I'm talking the actual construction of rosters relative to The Field in a given era...

Mike's 90s Bulls were absolutely stacked relative to peers in the 90s. Guys rebutting with "Pippen was the only All-Star" or "he only had a couple HOF teammates", is irrelevant because dudes are arguing from an intellectually dishonest place, comparing the Bulls to teams not of that era...

So it's a nonstarter for me when people say Mike never had all these premier players, Mike played on three or four rosters better than Bron's best roster. Every great player had help on the road to riches. There's Ewings and Reggies and Barkleys who wish they had the teams around them Mike had on the same era...

Pippen at peak was a borderline Top 5 player, I don't doubt he's overrated. Mike's success without him is nearly nothing though. I don't think he was That Guy but he was the perfect wingman for Mike, if nothing else he deserves his due for that...
If Peak Pippen was bordering on Top 5 in real time then he's not overrated.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Yes he did bro, the game in 1980’s/1990’s wasn’t the same

When Jordan played pg , I’m talking strictly pg ,dude put up 28 games with 10–19 assists a game he finished #1 In scoring & # 10 In assists in ‘88-‘89
So would you say that John Stockon is the greatest passer of all-time?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Yes pippen was, but could he take over games like wade /kyrie/ad did while playing with Lebron? Nope ,he wasn’t that dude even if the bulls were more stacked in their respective era

And I agree in the 90’s the bulls were more talented than the rest ,this why arguing eras is dumb.today is different than the 90’s the game ,free agency ,referees everything.skill wise jordan & lebron are neck & neck but Jordan wasn’t letting nobody beat him , y’all act like mike didn’t beat mvp/runner up mvps in multiple finals (‘91, ‘92,’93,97,98)

5 of his 6 championships were vs the mvp of the league or the dude who was 2nd behind mike

Fair enough, we don't actually disagree on much here bruh besides who is 1 abd who is 2. I don't disagree with most of your points...

If Peak Pippen was bordering on Top 5 in real time then he's not overrated.

In his prime, we're talking the entirety of 90s basketball essentially, he was bordering on Top 5. Mike, Dream, Barkley, Mailman, Admiral are the five definitive players you'd put over Pippen in that era. After that? Pippen's case as the 6th-greatest player of that era is as strong as anyone else's...

So I don't know, maybe he wasn't overrated. I know this, none of the other Top 5 players of that era got to play with anyone as good as Pippen, Mike/Pip was Steph/Durant for that era. There was no duo that could match that punch at their best, and the excellent roster building around them only heightens how great of a TEAM Chicago was relative to the rest of the NBA...

In his prime (1990-98), he was a 20/7/6 guy in the regular season, 19/8/6 in the postseason, so his production was basically linear. He rarely needed to take over games but the Bulls absolutely won playoff games where he was the best player that night, and leading Chicago the year Mike was out was impressive...

I don't have a firm grip on if he was under or over rated. But I know if we talking ball and say one squad has the best player in basketball AND a Top 5-7 player in basketball at the same time, in this era we recognize it for what it is, but with the Bulls in retrospect many people have a habit of minimizing Pip because he wasn't an All-Time scorer...