Digital purchase on consoles is only beneficial when the game is on sale?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all you digital downloaders gonna have an incredible headache in 20 years if your hdd currupts or the xbox is no longer online so can't verify your license.

i bought a xbl arcade game 10 years ago, tried to play it last week, nope its gone. couldnt even re download it because xbox market no longer has the licensing for the game.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
all you digital downloaders gonna have an incredible headache in 20 years if your hdd currupts or the xbox is no longer online so can't verify your license.

i bought a xbl arcade game 10 years ago, tried to play it last week, nope its gone. couldnt even re download it because xbox market no longer has the licensing for the game.
:francis:

Couldn't you just buy it from one of these disc horders?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Only if it's a game I know I'm going to play a LOT, like Fallout and Destiny. Likely no chance of being "done" while there's any resale value. Also, that way I don't have to worry about switching discs.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i mainly purchase physical for consoles and obviously for PC all digital.

On console I try to get games that are not full price e.g. a game that I'll be playing for years or a game that's on sale.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I have NEVER seen a big sale on any digital game. Those Sony Flash Sale and Xbox Gold Deals are NOT SALES. Where do you shop or get your deal info that you think those are sales?
You are speaking untruths :ufdup: every game gets discounted quickly on Xbox. To name a few.

Witcher 3: complete edition was on sale for $20 last week, show me the physical equivalent :popcorn:

Star Wars battlefront 1 is $5
Mirrors edge $5
Rise of the tomb raider complete $20
Shadow of war $5
Titanfall 2 & Battlefield 1 $50 total (months ago)
Battlefield 1 + seasons pass $40
Tembo the bad ass elephant $3.50

That's quickly off the top of the head. The only games that are slow to drop in digital price is 2k and COD. Cod in particular, Activision has lost their minds.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
You are speaking untruths :ufdup: every game gets discounted quickly on Xbox. To name a few.

Witcher 3: complete edition was on sale for $20 last week, show me the physical equivalent :popcorn:

Star Wars battlefront 1 is $5
Mirrors edge $5
Rise of the tomb raider complete $20
Shadow of war $5
Titanfall 2 & Battlefield 1 $50 total (months ago)
Battlefield 1 + seasons pass $40
Tembo the bad ass elephant $3.50

That's quickly off the top of the head. The only games that are slow to drop in digital price is 2k and COD. Cod in particular, Activision has lost their minds.
Everything you named is a year or older and half of them are on EA Access ($25 a year)...

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it is. try telling someone that has over 700+ digital downloads that its easier to look through them than physical copies:mjlol:
the only real plus to digital outside of the sale prices is that a fire or water leak can't take out your games...but the servers going down always can.so it really doesnt matter in the end.

mikeB805

Rookie
Daps
I have found there is no point in purchasing a game for full price on a digital purchase because after you are done then what? At least with a hard copy you can trade it in or sell it on eBay or some shyt like that. The only reason I would purchase a digital game these games is if it’s on sale and it’s a huge discount.
Convenience is a major factor in downloading games for me