Digital purchase on consoles is only beneficial when the game is on sale?

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
What did you trade in to get the switch for $80? I want the switch but don’t want to pay $300-$500 for a system I’ll probably only play Mario, Zelda and Metroid on.
Overwatch, Black Ops Collection, LBP3, Uncharted, a PS4 controller, GTA V for 360, and like 5 other games that I can't even think of. I want to say a Saint's Row dual disk and some other shyt, but I really can't remember. I bought the $300 neon joy cons Switch and I'm waiting for Rocket League to come out. As much time as I put into Rocket League the Switch was worth it just for that. I don't even have any games right now though. I borrow my cousin's games when he's not playing them because besides Zelda, nothing has come out that I really want

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I think you did.

The reason I purchase digital is because of convenience. The small amount of savings you're getting from GC isn't worth the convenience of ordering the digital copies as well as not having to swap disc.

You do you. I'll do me. :mjlol:
The dude you quoted said he already bought a game 10 years ago and you tell him to buy it again from disk horders? Again, I think you missed the point...

Has nothing to do with "you do you. I'll do me".

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Don't ever trade games in, so digital is nice for someone like me.

but since Amazon/GCU discounts been buying physical again, and occasionally digital for retail games.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The dude you quoted said he already bought a game 10 years ago and you tell him to buy it again from disk horders? Again, I think you missed the point...

Has nothing to do with "you do you. I'll do me".
No idiot. He was talking about an XBL arcade game that was for a system he no longer maintains. Those games are ONLY available digital. However, he wanted to use that argument to go against games that are available as physical purchases. That makes no sense.

His point was:

Don't buy digital copies of games with physical disc copies because if you corrupt your HD or lose your system and 10 years later you want to play the game it may not be available. As I said, that scenario is the exact same as losing or breaking a game over the course of 10 years. Ignoring how stupid it sounds to complain about not being able to play a game from 10 years ago :mjlol:, he could easily purchase the game again via the disc. The exact same thing he would have to do if he lost his disc. Like I said, use your head. :ufdup:

fukk it, if ya'll are trading in all your games after you beat them wouldn't you have to purchase it again anyway? :leon:

Ya'll nikkas stay coming up with the most over the top unlikely scenarios to justify hoarding. :damn:

:umad:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I’m not saying it won’t happen, it probably will, but I’m not going to speak on it as fact as if I got some insider knowledge on the situation
Don’t be a Stan with that corny response.
What part of Sony’s actions would have you believe that PS5 will be backwards compatible?

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
No idiot. He was talking about an XBL arcade game that was for a system he no longer maintains. Those games are ONLY available digital. However, he wanted to use that argument to go against games that are available as physical purchases. That makes no sense.

His point was:

Don't buy digital copies of games with physical disc copies because if you corrupt your HD or lose your system and 10 years later you want to play the game it may not be available. As I said, that scenario is the exact same as losing or breaking a game over the course of 10 years. Ignoring how stupid it sounds to complain about not being able to play a game from 10 years ago :mjlol:, he could easily purchase the game again via the disc. The exact same thing he would have to do if he lost his disc. Like I said, use your head. :ufdup:

fukk it, if ya'll are trading in all your games after you beat them wouldn't you have to purchase it again anyway? :leon:

Ya'll nikkas stay coming up with the most over the top unlikely scenarios to justify hoarding. :damn:

:umad:
Yeah, real stupid to complain about something you bought, no matter what the age...you typed paragraphs just to further prove your dumb you really are

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That's a stupid argument. He admitted he lost the game.

If he lost a disc he'd be in the same situation.

Or should I just flip your point on its head right away.

I don't have to worry about purchasing a game again because the disc scratched, broke, was lost, eaten by a dog, or stolen during a house party.

Use your head. :francis:
He never said he "lost" his game. It's just no longer available to download and play.

That's different than if he had his game stolen or lent it to a friend who never gave it back or scratched the game due to mistreatment.

If any of that shyt happened it would be because of your own carelessness, different than a game getting taken off the server.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
He never said he "lost" his game. It's just no longer available to download and play.

That's different than if he had his game stolen or lent it to a friend who never gave it back or scratched the game due to mistreatment.

If any of that shyt happened it would be because of your own carelessness, different than a game getting taken off the server.
I have time today.

If he has to re-download a game it mean's he no longer has it. Since Xbox doesn't randomly remove games this would be because of his own actions, right?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
"I hate games with gold because they don't play after my live subscription ended." :troll:

@B86 you're on the internet complaining about how a nikka who's doing better than you chooses to buy games.

:youmadcam:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
"I hate games with gold because they don't play after my live subscription ended." :troll:

@B86 you're on the internet complaining about how a nikka who's doing better than you chooses to buy games.

:youmadcam:
Lol k. I been talking about my free & clear mortgage on here since like 2013... Not that that's the goal of life, but it's better than most. I can almost guarantee even ya dusty ass parents still paying a mortgage, and I'm only 31 (they're probably renting, but I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt)...Think before you start insulting nikkas, thinking they don't have money

You're just too dumb to understand how to keep as much money as you can in your pocket. Nothing else to it

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I have time today.

If he has to re-download a game it mean's he no longer has it. Since Xbox doesn't randomly remove games this would be because of his own actions, right?
Or maybe it means that he ran outta room or upgraded his hard drive at some point and needed to redownload his games.
:gucci:

What does it matter rather your digital game is physically stored on your hard drive or not.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
What are achievables and how does that work? :leon:
when you unlock certain things the developers put in the game.. you can sell it on the steam marketplace.. say I unlocked weapon crates in battlefield I can sell those same crates on the steam market place