Digital Foundry on the Series S being underpowered

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Why would a marketing deal stop them from talking about releasing on xbox the same as pc and playstation?

Especially since they themselves are saying they can and will release an xbox version when its ready. You really just dont want to hear it, huh?
It's not uncommon for games with marketing deals to be announced without competing hardware in the announcement trailer.

I don't know why technical difficulties would keep a game from being announced in general, even switch ports get announced.

The game will release the same day as the ps5 version, not when it's ready. That statement sounds like an excuse for them marketing the game like it's an exclusive.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's not uncommon for games with marketing deals to be announced without competing hardware in the announcement trailer.

I don't know why technical difficulties would keep a game from being announced in general, even switch ports get announced.

The game will release the same day as the ps5 version, not when it's ready. That statement sounds like an excuse for them marketing the game like it's an exclusive.

Its not keeping them from announcing it, they already said they are working on it. It’s keeping them from announcing a release date, have you ever seen a studio with a marketing deal talk like that?

What purpose would that even serve them? “Hey, we have a deal so we’re not gonna release a game on another platform because sony paid us for marketing”

That would be an exclusivity deal. Even when sony does have exclusivity deals in place they always have some kind of fine print on the ads saying how long it last. if it were a simple marketing deal Microsoft and Larian would be free to post it on their websites and discuss it as much as they wanted they just can’t run ads or promotions with xbox logos on it

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Its not keeping them from announcing it, they already said they are working on it. It’s keeping them from announcing a release date, have you ever seen a studio with a marketing deal talk like that?

What purpose would that even serve them? “Hey, we have a deal so we’re not gonna release a game on another platform because sony paid us for marketing”

That would be an exclusivity deal
Do you understand what a marketing deal is? Nobody said a marketing deal would keep them from announcing it.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The game isn't launching day-and-date with the PC/PS5 versions because of the technical issues. There are no deals holding it back or preventing it from being announced or released.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Do you understand what a marketing deal is? Nobody said a marketing deal would keep them from announcing it.

We’re not talking about the announcement trailer, we are talking about a release date altogether. There is no exclusivity or marketing deal forcing them to obscure a release date for xbox.

They aren’t releasing it because of technical difficulties im not sure why you keep bringing up marketing deals. There is no scenario where a marketing deal makes sense in this situation

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
We’re not talking about the announcement trailer, we are talking about a release date altogether. There is no exclusivity or marketing deal forcing them to obscure a release date for xbox.

They aren’t releasing it because of technical difficulties im not sure why you keep bringing up marketing deals. There is no scenario where a marketing deal makes sense in this situation
I'm telling you that they are full of shyt and the game will release the same day as the ps5 version, bookmark this post.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm telling you that they are full of shyt and the game will release the same day as the ps5 version, bookmark this post.

How does that benefit them? You think sony paid them to tell everyone that the xbox is technically obtuse and hard for them to develop on?

You don’t think a studio the size of larian would rather release on every platform available day 1?

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
How does that benefit them? You think sony paid them to tell everyone that the xbox is technically obtuse and hard for them to develop on?
I think Sony paid them for the marketing, they might have technical difficulties but nothing that would delay the game on xbox. Issues with splitscreen on series s isn't stopping them from showing the xbox version.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think Sony paid them for the marketing, they might have technical difficulties but nothing that would delay the game on xbox. Issues with splitscreen on series s isn't stopping them from showing the xbox version.

So its

Scenario A) Sony is secretly paying Larian to lie about having development issues so they can rake in the day 1 preorders

Scenario B) Larian is lying, because they don’t want xbox sales, because they just don’t.

Scenario C) they are actually having trouble with split screen due to the numerous limitations of the Series S compared to the X and they don’t want to delay their game again, being that their biggest audience is on PC anyway.

If it’s scenario A, that might be the most bizarre marketing deal I’ve ever heard of. This is no different than WB delaying hogwarts legacy on previous gen consoles. I know you all want to believe the only difference between the series S and X is a slight resolution bump and Storage space but it clearly isn’t

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Split screen is wack in 2023.

Games where you can all play on one screen are good for couch co-op.
xbox was built on split screen LAN parties with Halo CE. god damn I cant stand the stupid shyt you spew. like you really fukking suck with posting and just say nonsense, absolutely zero rational thought, I cant stand it.

its not farfetched (no pokemon) for a man in his 30's or 40's to wanna play campaign with their kid on the same TV just like they did with their friends in 2001.

now if ur a friendless loser who's only social interaction is the internet, I understand.

didnt I say no more Meach last year? I keep forgetting but I remember now.

fukk the low standards you set for xbox games

fukk your cheerleading.

maybe if xbox fans weren't incessent dikkriders, maybe the brand would have higher recognition.

but you a$$holes defend them for scraps, so in return us gamepass subscribers get scraps with he occasional 2d snes puff, but not good enough.

I fukking hate how the dikkriding got us to this point, instead of demanding better its now take what you can get.

and ya, ive played on my xbox and PC more than PS5, but the majority of it is because im a giant Halo, RTS, and Counterstrike fan.

but god damn if this platform dont need some juice.

I despise people like you. the xbox 360 was chasing glory, a glory you threw in the towel for. just another go with the flow as motherfukker. Im sure you'll respond to this with "Sony Stans:mjlol:" cuz you have fukk all to say. if you truly want xbox to be a better platform you need to make them understand, but but being a lemming aint it.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
xbox was built on split screen LAN parties with Halo CE. god damn I cant stand the stupid shyt you spew. like you really fukking suck with posting and just say nonsense, absolutely zero rational thought, I cant stand it.

its not farfetched (no pokemon) for a man in his 30's or 40's to wanna play campaign with their kid on the same TV just like they did with their friends in 2001.

now if ur a friendless loser who's only social interaction is the internet, I understand.

fukk your cheerleading.

maybe if xbox fans weren't incessent dikkriders, maybe the brand would have higher recognition.

but you a$$holes defend them for scraps, so in return us gamepass subscribers get scraps with he occasional 2d snes puff, but not good enough.

I fukking hate how the dikkriding got us to this point, instead of demanding better its now take what you can get.

and ya, ive played on my xbox and PC more than PS5, but the majority of it is because im a giant Halo, RTS, and Counterstrike fan.

I despise people like you. the xbox 360 was chasing glory, a glory you threw in the towel for. just another go with the flow as motherfukker. Im sure you'll respond to this with "Sony Stans:mjlol:" cuz you have fukk all to say. if you truly want xbox to be a better platform you need to make them understand, but but being a lemming aint it.
Sony Stans :drunk:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

fukk your cheerleading.

Sony stans :mjlol:

nikka went on a whole ass rant just to admit he plays xbox the most, but mad at other people for enjoying xbox.

Don’t drink before posting anymore breh.:smh:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thread backfire out the gate :mjlol:

Sony and Sony Stan's having a rough early year as far as getting exposed goes. All that slick talk starting to slide back down hill

:sadcam: