Digital Foundry on the Series S being underpowered

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I have a kid. No :mjlol:

Just buy two consoles and play on your own screens. :mjlol:
I bought him a console to keep at his mom's house, not buying a 3rd.

Why the fukk would I wanna be in separate rooms anyways when playing side by side is better?

Street of rage 4 co op>>>>> your favorite online multiplayer game.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Cap

343 is just a shyt studio, people have glitched themselves into split screen on last gen hardware in halo infinite. 343 is just trash at developing games.

Aside from the storage limitations and the cost of external memory, the series s is good. Struggling games seem to be badly optimized, that's not microsoft’s fault.
Yea, and it runs terribly on last gen hardware @ ~540p and is buggy.

There is a heavy cost to rendering two completely separate screens for split-screen co-op, especially on a next-gen only title. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Why the fukk would I wanna be in separate rooms anyways when playing side by side is better?

Why would you need to be in separate rooms? :mjpls:

You can’t setup two screens in one room? :mjpls:

Split screen was only a requirement due to lack of high speed internet and lack of ubiquitous interconnectivity in homes.

Streets of rage 4 is a traditional co-op and it plays just fine on series s. You’re not even making sense .

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Split screen is wack in 2023.

Games where you can all play on one screen are good for couch co-op.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Why would you need to be in separate rooms? :mjpls:

You can’t setup two screens in one room? :mjpls:
I'm not one of you weirdos with autistic tech setups.
Split screen was only a requirement due to lack of high speed internet and lack of ubiquitous interconnectivity in homes.

Streets of rage 4 is a traditional co-op and it plays just fine on series s. You’re not even making sense .
Local multiplayer split screen or otherwise is great when you have a family. Nothing is stopping splitscreen from working on the series s but poor development.

I know yall like to pretend like everyone should have their own separate setup in different rooms but that's not how most people live.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yea, and it runs terribly on last gen hardware @ ~540p and is buggy.

There is a heavy cost to rendering two completely separate screens for split-screen co-op, especially on a next-gen only title. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
Games can be scaled just like they are on PC. Developers are just lazy.

I don't wanna hear about series s holding back a game that looks like it could be ported to last gen hardware with a halfway decent Developer.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
not sure why yall are acting like Baldurs Gate 3 is some small indie game. It’s a huge game with a lot happening on the screen at any given time, and it works the same way the creation engine works where it tracks every single asset in world, and where it goes.

27052517210s.jpg

The characters animations and cutscenes honestly look better than Starfields :manny:

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Games can be scaled just like they are on PC. Developers are just lazy.

I don't wanna hear about series s holding back a game that looks like it could be ported to last gen hardware with a halfway decent Developer.
No offense, but it doesn't matter what you don't want to hear about. Reality is reality. And the reality is the Xbox Series X version is being held hostage by the Series S. :manny:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No offense, but it doesn't matter what you don't want to hear about. Reality is reality. And the reality is the Xbox Series X version is being held hostage by the Series S. :manny:
Says who?

We don't know if it's problems with microsoft’s hardware or a marketing deal with sony that's stopping them from announcing the Xbox version. This digital foundery video is just speculation from a company that gets paid to flame console wars by poking at minor differences between console ports.

The reality is that the series s has not held back a single next gen game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We don't know if it's problems with microsoft’s hardware or a marketing deal with sony that's stopping them from announcing the Xbox version.

They’ve already said they don’t have a marketing deal with Sony which was obvious because they would have said so during the state of play. They’ve straight up said they are having technical issues getting parity between x and s

FpwEyXDXwAI4ZRT

This is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Says who?

We don't know if it's problems with microsoft’s hardware or a marketing deal with sony that's stopping them from announcing the Xbox version. This digital foundery video is just speculation from a company that gets paid to flame console wars by poking at minor differences between console ports.

The reality is that the series s has not held back a single next gen game.
Says the developer of the game.

Today, the studio clarified what’s going on, stating that an Xbox version will arrive if and when Larian can get splitscreen gameplay working across both Series S and Series X:

We’re seeing a lot of varied interpretations of what that means, so we wanted to clarify further. We’ve had an Xbox version of Baldur’s Gate III in development for some time now. We’ve run into some technical issues in developing the Xbox port that have stopped us feeling 100% confident in announcing it until we’re certain we’ve found the right solutions—specifically, we’ve been unable to get splitscreen co-op to work to the same standard on both Xbox Series X and S, which is a requirement for us to ship.

There’s no platform exclusivity preventing us from releasing BG3 on Xbox day and date, should that be a technical possibility. If and when we do announce further platforms, we want to make sure each version lives up to our standards and expectations.
It’s an especially interesting wrinkle considering players have long speculated about the trade-offs and challenges involved in developing games for the similarly-specced PS5 and Xbox Series X that must also accommodate the less powerful Series S. Splitscreen can be an especially taxing feature, and was notably dropped from Halo Infinite last year as 343 Industries tried to salvage the online shooter’s live-service ambitions.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
They’ve already said they don’t have a marketing deal with Sony which was obvious because they would have said so during the state of play. They’ve straight up said they are having technical issues getting parity between x and s

FpwEyXDXwAI4ZRT

This is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears.
Nothing in that post mentions a marketing deal, just that there's not exclusivity deal with playstation. I don't know why issues with development would stop them from announcing a game port when it will release day 1 on that system regardless.

Sounds like a marketing deal to me.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nothing in that post mentions a marketing deal, just that there's not exclusivity deal with playstation. I don't know why issues with development would stop them from announcing a game port when it will release day 1 on that system regardless.

Sounds like a marketing deal to me.

Why would a marketing deal stop them from talking about releasing on xbox the same as pc and playstation?

Especially since they themselves are saying they can and will release an xbox version when its ready. You really just dont want to hear it, huh?