Different World writer Talk About The Show; Blasts Lisa Bonet & Debbie Allen ;UPDATE: DEbbie Replies

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Guy sounds like a self hating negro.

That first season was terrible specifically because it tried so hard to distance itself from blackness. Everything about it was just bland, the story lines, the cinematography, even the theme song and intro. shyt was basically a precursor to Saved by the bell the college years. They had to throw Lisa Bonet into the bushes and give Debbie Allen control to make it a legit show about an HBCU.

With that said I believe everything he said about Lisa Bonet.
Debbie actually wanted to bring lisa back.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
She was the polar opposite of her character on The Cosby Show. She had a lot of pizzazz and popularity when she lived with her parents.

As soon as she went to college, she turned into a complete bimbo.:snoop:
I not gonna lie I watch all the seasons of A Different World multiple times and I can't remember a damn thing Lisa Bonet did on the show. I remember Dwayne, Ron, Kimberly, Freddie, Whitley and her little sidekick, Mr. Gaines, Jaleesa, Col. Taylor and everyone else... hell I even remember Maresa Tomei. I didn't even know the show was a spin off of The Cosby Show focusing on Denise until years later.

Imagine if they did A Different World with Theo instead of Denise :ohhh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I not gonna lie I watch all the seasons of A Different World multiple times and I can't remember a damn thing Lisa Bonet did on the show. I remember Dwayne, Ron, Kimberly, Freddie, Whitley and her little sidekick, Mr. Gaines, Jaleesa, Col. Taylor and everyone else... hell I even remember Maresa Tomei. I didn't even know the show was a spin off of The Cosby Show focusing on Denise until years later.

Imagine if they did A Different World with Theo instead of Denise :ohhh:

Low key the funniest character in the show.