Different World writer Talk About The Show; Blasts Lisa Bonet & Debbie Allen ;UPDATE: DEbbie Replies

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"-Debbie Allen has the kids on the show "not speaking English," close to ebonics.

-Bill Cosby complained to him about how the kids were looking on the show, and he told her to talk to Debbie (Including the comment "The darkies look gay.") Bill went to talk to Debbie and nothing was changed. Mumford thinks Bill didn't really care because the show was Camille was the champion of a show about a black college."

I'm confused :dahell:
giphy.gif

FailingFixedBarnacle.gif

giphy.gif

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guy sounds like a self hating negro.

That first season was terrible specifically because it tried so hard to distance itself from blackness. Everything about it was just bland, the story lines, the cinematography, even the theme song and intro. shyt was basically a precursor to Saved by the bell the college years. They had to throw Lisa Bonet into the bushes and give Debbie Allen control to make it a legit show about an HBCU.

With that said I believe everything he said about Lisa Bonet.

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Guy sounds like a self hating negro.

That first season was terrible specifically because it tried so hard to distance itself from blackness. Everything about it was just bland, the story lines, the cinematography, even the theme song and intro. shyt was basically a precursor to Saved by the bell the college years. They had to throw Lisa Bonet into the bushes and give Debbie Allen control to make it a legit show about an HBCU.

With that said I believe everything he said about Lisa Bonet.

shyt started poppin once that racism show aired.