• No

Votes: 115 74.7%

• Total voters

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
And that's beside the fact. The new trilogy are label episode 7, 8, and 9 but has zero continuity with the original trilogy.

Zero continuity and the lack of back story in between the two trilogies is are one of major gripes of the new trilogy. Along with what everyone had started about the so the character having identity crisis.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Palpatine never got a back story. And if you mention one damn book.

I'm just saying... :ld:

But I mean we got some Palpatine backstory in the prequels. We didn't see his childhood and all of that, but we saw how he started out as just a Senator from Naboo and manipulated his way all the way to being Emperor.

We don't even know where Snoke is from or how he got to be in his position or why he started the First Order or anything. He's just a Palpatine stand-in for Kylo Ren.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
worst piece of crap ever ... starting from TFA not only was the black guy made to look like a badass i the trailer, they jobbered him and turned him to be one of the biggest space c00ns since jar jar..

we get to TLJ and my biggest issue is rey being some untouchable space hero after picking up a saber ONE TIME, hoe mastered the force to not only beat Kylo but manipulate the guards .. fukkouttahurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

if a pile of steaming dog shyt ad trump mated, this movie along with the rest that followed would be the b*stard child they'd give birth to.

Last edited:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci::gucci::gucci::gucci::gucci::gucci::gucci:

Did you not see the prequels? In 3 movies they showed us in great detail on how he took over the Galaxy. :camby::camby:dumbest shyt I read in this thread.
How did he become a sith. Who trained him?
Where these questions ever answered and did you just react like a bytch.

Daps
Reppin
All This tech in modern film and the lightsaber battles and force powers are still so lame, how can I go on YouTube and find better choreographered lightsaber fights and force powers

Luke should been pulling battleships outta space onto empire front lines fukk the femachise and fukk Rian Johnson

Breh you didn’t like that matrix style lightsaber dodge Luke did at the end??:ooh:

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
A huge part of the backlash against this movie has been about how far its deviated from not only the lore of Star Wars, but also tropes the fandom have gotten used to from this series. So you're right, big bad empire vs small group of rebels will most likely be the crux of the next movie, but TLJ changed a lot of things for this series going forward.

were they really 'tropes' though? is it a written rule in star wars that the main character must have mysterious ancestry? yea it was a famous thing that happened in star wars, but does it have to define every protagonist moving forward? lucasfilm seems to think so but perhaps it's them that can't move forward, not the fans.

"rey's parents turning out to be nobodies" is only a huge twist if you operate under the assumption that the main hero must have mystery parents to begin with... but that belief was held only by lucasfilm. i don't really see that as taking the story in some bold new direction.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This was an absolutely horrible movie that gets worse the more I think about it. Long list of reasons incoming.

It violates multiple basic principles of fiction storytelling. It fails to establish who the central character is, not giving any real priority to any one lead in particular. It throws away/retcons what happened in the previous 7 films so carelessly and with such arrogance that you’d think this is a resident evil or transformers movie, spends the whole run time shytting on the previous films and characters, has a side plot that’s complete filler that takes up a third of the movie, disregards all character arcs, nothing any character does in this film really matters since everyone is basically exactly where they were at the start of the film, the tone is all over the place, there’s numerous characters who don’t feel like they belong in a Star Wars movie, there’s countless Chekhov’s gun violations and it’s inverse (a payoff moment that had no setup), it disregards previous rules about light speed travel and suddenly Leia can survive being blown into space, Luke is suddenly a bitter old man who wanted to kill his nephew because he thought he may be evil (the same guy who saw the good in darth Vader of all people), weapons are mysteriously edited out of the hands of the guards in the big fight scene in the movie, the villains are all painted to be bumbling idiots, several characters are written to be so thoroughly pointless that you could cut them from the film and nothing about the narrative would change, it doesn’t even adhere to the three act structure, and it ends on a terrible cliffhanger with a tone that makes no sense while setting up nothing for the sequel. It’s every bit as poorly written as anything in the phantom menace or attack of the clones, and that includes the romance plot in clones. At least the phantom menace had to silver linings between the score and the pod race. This movie’s only redeeming quality is the visual effects. The only people I’ve seen produce content that so clearly expressed such contempt for its intended audience are Vince & Stephanie McMahon and their aide Kevin Dunn.
shytted on him but i have a feeling OP is going to continue to be obtuse and ignore most if not all of your post being that this thread is three pages

lets see :jbhmm:

Edit: he did :mjlol:

Last edited:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NO

o6a91y.jpg

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
How did he become a sith. Who trained him?
Where these questions ever answered and did you just react like a bytch.

So you want an origin for every character? Now ask yourself is that's really feasible to tell that story without getting sidetracked from the main plot in the original trilogy and prequels? Would that even be necessary when there are books that you can about it? Now you're just being irrational that I'm debating to even take you serious. It was a mystery of how he become the emperor and took over the universe in the original trilogy and it was explained in the prequels. That's his backstory. Which is a lot more than what we got from Snoke.