Did Wakanda get exposed in Infinity War, or was it simply under utilized.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:patrice:well damn you might be right
He's 100% wrong. Thor is FAR more powerful than Black Panther. Only way around that is to not fukk with Marvel. I get that cats is fans of Black Panther but all this thread shows is that cats got super gassed off the Black Panther movie and dont really know shyt about the source material.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Didn't read beyond the first page, but I'm sure it has been addressed.

Infinity War had been written before Black Panther and before it became a pop culture phenomenon. Had BP released a few years earlier and had the same level of success, Wakanda would have been more fleshed out and formidable.

Also, have to remember that Wakanda was a nation that lived in secrecy for centuries and had no reason to go to war. While they have the technological advantage over the rest of the Earth, they weren't prepared for a galactic threat.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I honestly thought the Wakanda battle was pretty disappointing, overall. It was like a dollar store version of the big battle in ROTK. The battle on Titan was much more entertaining and compelling by comparison.

Also, have to remember there were extensive reshoots and rewrites. Take a look at this and tell me who's missing?

1bf26248-bf23-4b89-95bf-cf7dfa660e99-mv5bmtc3njy5mzmzn15bml5banbnxkftztgwmtkwmdk1ndm_v1_sx1777_cr001777937_al_.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Also, have to remember there were extensive reshoots and rewrites. Take a look at this and tell me who's missing?

1bf26248-bf23-4b89-95bf-cf7dfa660e99-mv5bmtc3njy5mzmzn15bml5banbnxkftztgwmtkwmdk1ndm_v1_sx1777_cr001777937_al_.jpg

Everything behind Cap, Bucky, Widow, Okoye and BP is a green screen. They charged from an open field. They were never in the forest.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
SO they brought the outriders specifically to fight 4 people :dahell:

The black order only fought Widow, Cap, Wanda and Falcon. I suppose they though, they would have to face more of them.

:gucci:

What are you talking about, 4 people?

The Black Order and by extension Thanos didn't see Earth as a threat....any planet they deem inferior they just let the Outriders over run....you asked why The Black Order brought a disposable army of goons....that's literally what the Outriders are, and they're used in the comics exactly how they were used in this movie.

Keep in mind Thanos only showed up in Wakanda after The Black Order was dead and the Outriders were getting pushed back. The Outriders were supposed to do the job, and didn't.

Fred.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I found that kinda ridiculous in Blank Panther too. No way killmonger is better with those weapons then Tchalla who jad trained his whole life for that fight.

In the comic Killmonger always beats T’Challa ass.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
I'm talking about the battle against the black order and the outriders :martin:

Thanos came at the end of the battle.

Exactly nikka... they weren't at war with the fukking EU. Their tech held fukking aliens from other more advanced civilizations at bay long enough for Thanos to take an axe to the chest and you talmbout they exposed? This wasn't an earthen war. Now its not enough to be the most advanced in the WORLD but they gotta beat aliens on some first contact/anime shyt in order to not be exposed?

I don't think you thought this through.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
They're advanced technology wasn't put on display during this movie, other than the dome.

Their military forces were weak as hell. The fact that they had to use what was left of the boarder tribe showed they lacked proper man power.

They never used their air force..

Instead of hiding inside the dome they should've waited and set up a perimeter OUTSIDE of it. That way they wouldn't have been forced to open it up in the first place.

By the time Thor showed up, they're shouldn't have been much left for him to do.

TO me, it seems that hiding in the shadows, showed how unprepared Wakanda was for war and combat :snoop:

I hope they correct this in the next movie :mjpls:

So with the release of the film (and a few shots of vodka) I have revised my stance on this.

Originally I thought you were wilding, but in hindsight you're right.

Wakanda had no heavy infantry, no artillery, no vehicle support, only two fliers that weren't part of their army, no snipers, no landmines, no weapons platforms, no bunkers (shielded bunkers would've ended the whole invasion till Thanos showed up), no area of effect weapons, and limited tactics.

Sure I know it's a movie but outside of the dome and some infantry wielding advanced weapons, their showing was underwhelming.

It's true they were unprepared and coming off a very resource intensive civil war, but they should've had better technological showings.

Why did only BP get the vibranium suit if the entire fate of Wakanda was at stake, for example.

I'm gonna say that... since nothing on Earth could detect Wakanda, and even if they did, nothing on Earth could penetrate the shield, they assumed their forces were sufficient. But they should've known due to the existence of vibranium that there always existed the threat of alien invasion and been prepared.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He's 100% wrong. Thor is FAR more powerful than Black Panther. Only way around that is to not fukk with Marvel. I get that cats is fans of Black Panther but all this thread shows is that cats got super gassed off the Black Panther movie and dont really know shyt about the source material.

Yea. Black Panther is my all time favorite superhero but he’s not on Thor’s level strength wise. Even with the King Of The Dead powers T’Challa is slightly above Steve Rogers on the pure physical strength scale while Thor is a bonafide God.

Now that doesn’t mean T’Challa can’t DEFEAT Thor. But it would be a combination of intelligence, tactics, and Vibranium that would allow him to do so.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Didn't read beyond the first page, but I'm sure it has been addressed.

Infinity War had been written before Black Panther and before it became a pop culture phenomenon. Had BP released a few years earlier and had the same level of success, Wakanda would have been more fleshed out and formidable.

Also, have to remember that Wakanda was a nation that lived in secrecy for centuries and had no reason to go to war. While they have the technological advantage over the rest of the Earth, they weren't prepared for a galactic threat.

Exactly. And even then with the Wakandan outreach program and all that it wasn’t like T’Challa was opening up the Wakandan borders like it was Disney land or some shyt. Wakanda allowing Steve & the Avengers into Wakanda was basically a DOOMSDAY SCENARIO situation. It doesn’t happen often.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
And I think W'Kabi probably left Wakanda and moved to Nigeria or Ethiopia or some shyt :manny: and took his Rhino's with him

No.

W’kabi, as a traiter to the true king T’Challa was probably thrown in prison while the Border tribe fell out of favor. The only reason W’Kabi probably isn’t executed is becuase Okoye might have appealed for his life.

In the border tribes place T’Challa promoted M’Baku and the Jabari tribesmen, which is why they are at the forefront of border protection.