Did the Celtics give the keys to the wrong guy?

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
If the Celtics can't get it done this season, they have nobody else to blame but themselves [the players].
Are you saying that Jaylen has to be the voice to take initiative and give Tatum the full responsibility of being the leader similar to what Wade did with Bron ?

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
If the Celtics can't get it done this season, they have nobody else to blame but themselves [the players].

They were 2 wins away from a title wit Udoka last year and they upgraded that roster with Brogdon....

If they flame out in ECF or God forbid get swept :picard: itll be on more than the players.

Mazzulla... All time great in waiting? :picard::wow:

Daps
Are you saying that Jaylen has to be the voice to take initiative and give Tatum the full responsibility of being the leader similar to what Wade did with Bron ?
I'm saying that these cats have been together for years now and they keep coming unstuck. This is the most talented and deepest team left in the playoffs.

Tatum and Jaylen alternating by showing up every other game can't be happening.

There's no excuses for them to piss this season away.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
I'm saying that these cats have been together for years now and they keep coming unstuck. This is the most talented and deepest team left in the playoffs.

They're talented, but they don't execute when it matters, and their games don't mesh well at times. I feel like a consistent point guard who could distribute and make an open shot when it's needed is exactly what Boston needs. Either that, or they need a bench player like a Jordan Clarkson who can consistently get buckets off the bench.

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps

I feel like it starts with either a great team philosophy and/or who the offense evolves around. I can’t tell what’s what with Boston.

:manny:

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're talented, but they don't execute when it matters, and their games don't mesh well at times. I feel like a consistent point guard who could distribute and make an open shot when it's needed is exactly what Boston needs. Either that, or they need a bench player like a Jordan Clarkson who can consistently get buckets off the bench.

They have the Sixth Man Of The Year

They're problem is their best players are both off the dribble or J players

One needs to develop a post game
They're not consistently good jump shooters like Klay and Steph to get away with it

Club Neauvou like 6'9 or 10. He should be punishing Vincent or Strus on the post

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Championship window might close, if they lose again this year team chemistry might not recover. In their primes, GOT TO GET IT DONE.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Tatum is not that guy. Brown is not that guy. Smart is not that guy. Horford is not that guy. Williams is not that guy.

Celtics as an organization just need to throw in the towel :jawalrus:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'm sorry it has to be said

As a Celtics fan, I've been thinking of this. Celtics prematurely gave the keys to Jayson Tatum, but his teammate Jaylen Brown is the best player on the Celtics

Jaylen Brown understands the moment and rises above it. You never question his intensity, effort, focus, and leadership. On top of that, Jaylen has more offensive variety to his game. With Tatum, I question that alot. Sorry but he reminds me of James Harden in the playoffs. If he's not getting the whistle, his intensity lowers considerably

And blame the Celtics for not giving the ball to Jaylen more in clutch moments instead of Tatum. The thing is Tatum is still young enough to turn this around, but.... Sorry, it had to be said :manny:

:camby: