Did Portugal have the biggest fall-off in Colonial history?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
:whew:thank god Africa was immune to cac diseases or we might have met the same fate :huhldup:
I'm not sure cacs will settle in Africa in large numbers like they did in parts of the Americas, even if we get wiped out like the Natives. If you notice on a map, the whitest parts of the world outside Europe are either cold, temperate climates or subtropical areas. Outright tropical or desert regions, white people were never able to live in substantial numbers due to obvious reasons. This even plays out in Africa. South Africa has a mild subtropical climate similar to Southern California. They also have the highest white population in the Continent.

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
And now, nationalism of black folks is being pushed. The Native Americans never had a chance to do that, after the Europeans arrived.
Honestly take out the cac diseases and they might have had a chance (till cacs invented machine guns) but unfortunately history ain't play out like that :francis: it's over for them

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure cacs will settle in Africa in large numbers like they did in parts of the Americas, even if we get wiped out like the Natives. If you notice on a map, the whitest parts of the world outside Europe are either cold, temperate climates or subtropical areas. Outright tropical or desert regions, white people were never able to live in substantial numbers due to obvious reasons. This even plays out in Africa. South Africa has a mild subtropical climate similar to Southern California. They also have the highest white population in the Continent.
Also cacs have crappy reproduction Africa way to big for them to fully populate even if we were all wiped out :mjlol:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
This chart is about Trans Atlantic slavery. America perfected homegrown slavery after the "ban" on picking up enslaved people off the shores of Africa.

I know that Spain bought alot of their slaves from Portugal too, but I'm genuinely surprised that Portugal was the biggest slavery nation. I would've picked Britain or France if asked, and this is with knowledge of Brazil's history and all taken into account.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This chart is about Trans Atlantic slavery. America perfected homegrown slavery after the "ban" on picking up enslaved people off the shores of Africa.

And that chart is about the Africans that embarked in Africa, Spain wasn't really going in there like that, they were buying their slaves from other Europeans for the most part.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
I know that Spain bought alot of their slaves from Portugal too, but I'm genuinely surprised that Portugal was the biggest slavery nation. I would've picked Britain or France if asked, and this is with knowledge of Brazil's history and all taken into account.

They peaked in grade school.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If you look at the regions where the slaves disembarked, though... more than 1,59 million went to Spanish colonies so they weren't too far behind everybody else, shyt, they were pretty much neck and neck with France, only Portugal and Britain had them beat.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The final nail was when

Fidel-Castro-small.png

sent goons to Angola.
That's why I'll always have respect for Castro. Sent troops over there and I'm pretty sure he would have done the same in the United States if ADOS would have done outright armed revolution in the 60s and 70s.