Did GTA V live up to the hype

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
I just wished the map was more focused on the city. The countryside and desert was useless.

Rockstar did a good job in recreating southern california and LA but the areas felt small. Especially the hoods.
Yeah I didn’t like the map at all
But most of us assumed they would utilize the desert area

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
No shyt. It's still crackin in 2019. I started in 2018 tho when i copped a PS4. R* bullshyttin on that map tho...they shoulda been added more of California.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
they coulda just done a remake of San Andreas, woulda saved them time. i really dont feel like it did tho because the formula is played out and IMO online was terrible

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just wished the map was more focused on the city. The countryside and desert was useless.

Rockstar did a good job in recreating southern california and LA but the areas felt small. Especially the hoods.

This

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
GTA V was polished and lacking any real flaws but for whatever reason didn't give me the same feeling as the previous titles. It was arguably too polished and at times felt like I was taking part in a movie rather than playing a game known for random bouts of fukkery. It was the most underwhelming 10/10 I've ever played with zero replayability which is unusual for the series.

edit: That one plane mission pissed me the fukk off

There are mods for the PC version that add more fukkery.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Another thing I don’t like is how ...empty everything feels

It’s such a HUGE world but it’s literally empty , it’s feels soulless

It also doesn’t help that I can’t voice chat online :mjcry:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I'm a big GTA fan since PS1...I bought GTA V back in 2013...and I never got around playing it until late 2018 due to my work schedule.

I just completed the storyline in February and imo...this game is really a 10/10. I'm impressed big time by it.

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Cant believe theres people in here saying GTA V had no flaws. The multiple character thing was the worst possible decision they made and I truly hope it never returns.

The game was clearly all about Michael with Trevor and Franklin pretty much being side characters. The story seemed like it was all over the place with no clear cut antagonists and just turned into some bullshyt errand running for shady government agencies. I much preferred GTA IV's traditional gritty criminal setting.

The map design was terrible as well. They pretty much centered everything in the city and left the desert/forests/mountain areas virtually empty.

Also Pedestrian activity and AI was arguably the worst in the series to date. All they done was stand around looking at their phones and would call the police on you if you stood next to them.

Overall the game just felt lifeless and lacked character.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
GTA V the single player experience could of been better. GTAIV was essentially seen as the successor to GTA 3 and delivered. GTA V was suppose to be the successor to San Andreas and it did not build off what that game did. The map was empty the city felt small.

The money did absolutely nothing . GTA IV add on was dope cause it added to the GTAIV world .

GTA V DLC added nothing too the single player world . The online world and the micro transactions people can have their opinions on that. It wasn’t for me but from a single player point of view nah it didn’t live up to everything it could of been.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I got more than my moneys worth :manny:

Best thing was if u didnt like the story I could do random shyt all day in the city instead, game has a high fun factor to me....but I also missed the ps2 era gta games, so 4 was my first since the over head view ones.

:dwillhuh: Breh! You have to play those, at least Vice City and San Andreas