Did GTA V live up to the hype

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It lived up to it for me, but I also never buy into the ridiculous hype cycle for Rockstar games.

Biggest problem was not getting story DLC. Knowing that the previously planned DLC likely got repurposed for Online sucks. But I get why they would do it, though. They likely were already apprehensive to do DLC because of the GTA IV episodes not taking off as expected (that exclusivity deal didn't help), and Online has given the game an absurdly long lifespan.

GTA Online wasn't fun for me. The fact that character/item progression was so clearly tuned to encourage microtransactions was a turn off for me.

Also not a fan of Trevor. He was annoying as fukk, and it always felt a little shytty that it felt like he was a thinly veiled take on what the stereotype of the average GTA player is like. It was writing that goes up its own ass with how smart it thinks it is.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Surpassed expectations but they once again flopped with Online...

It was just the restaurant...

Anyways you can fly to all major GTA cities in GTA V...Libery, Vice, San Fierro and Las Venturas...

Only on PC...:myman:

The online is mostly garbage probably due to the take two suits wanting it to bring in more cash over actual fun gameplay.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
ive had it downloaded for years bought it on sale but still have never played gta v

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
The biggest problem I had with GTA V is that the gameplay feels like it's from 2004. The shooting is weak and relies on auto-aim, the missions are extremely linear and unimaginative, and the story was hot garbage. I feel like the city in GTA V was the best city made in a game ever but they sullied it by making a remastered GTA3 gameplay wise happen within it.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I got more than my moneys worth :manny:

Best thing was if u didnt like the story I could do random shyt all day in the city instead, game has a high fun factor to me....but I also missed the ps2 era gta games, so 4 was my first since the over head view ones.

Daps
Reppin
My Set
The game was dope at first but after a couple of plays it gets boring. What pissed me off was they was making it seem like you'd have to strategize missions and figure out a way to use each individual's special power but didnt give us much to work with....we got a nikka who drive in slow mo....a nikka who sees slow mo to shoot better, and Trevor with his Blazzing that they stole from Def Jam.

As far as the story line goes, that shyt was Garbage. Whole game an action comedy so I'm not gonna shyt on the story too hard.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
GTA V was polished and lacking any real flaws but for whatever reason didn't give me the same feeling as the previous titles. It was arguably too polished and at times felt like I was taking part in a movie rather than playing a game known for random bouts of fukkery. It was the most underwhelming 10/10 I've ever played with zero replayability which is unusual for the series.

edit: That one plane mission pissed me the fukk off