Did drafting poorly ruin the Golden State Warriors dynasty?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
That’s revisionist history as a lot of teams wanted no part in trading up during that draft and GS wasn’t going to get equal value for the pick
If you’re “light years ahead” of the league like the Warriors owner declared, you just draft Haliburton instead of going by what any given draft board on google says :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It comes down to Steve Kerr not being able to coach shyt.... He took Mark Jacksons team and rode the wave. Im pretty sure things play out differently if Mark remained coach. I think They probably keep Harrison Barnes and he actually is properly developed for starters. I think KD also doesn't happen in this scenario which is fine because I feel like overall they would have a better/deeper roster. That KD shyt gutted the team and caused chaos that they still haven't recovered from. Yeah they dominated on some video game shyt and got the rings in a "win now" situation" but player development was stunted in the process and they lost key players.... then they had a chance to run it back with Poole and look.

I don't think Draymond Green is allowed to be as unhinged as he is under Mark Jackson either
Kerr played Draymond, Mark didn't
Kerr's offensive system unleashed them

But their loyalty to washed Klay and Draymond over KD was dumb

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Poor drafting hurts any team's potential whether it's sustaining a run or building a future.

On the other side, every dynasty ends for one reason or another...GS wasn't going to last forever

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It comes down to Steve Kerr not being able to coach shyt.... He took Mark Jacksons team and rode the wave. Im pretty sure things play out differently if Mark remained coach. I think They probably keep Harrison Barnes and he actually is properly developed for starters. I think KD also doesn't happen in this scenario which is fine because I feel like overall they would have a better/deeper roster. That KD shyt gutted the team and caused chaos that they still haven't recovered from. Yeah they dominated on some video game shyt and got the rings in a "win now" situation" but player development was stunted in the process and they lost key players.... then they had a chance to run it back with Poole and look.

I don't think Draymond Green is allowed to be as unhinged as he is under Mark Jackson either

There is literally zero evidence to support this, only hope. This narrative for sure should've died after they won again in 2022.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
Thank you warriors for passing on Franz Wagner for that scrub kaminga :blessed::whew:

lib123

All Star
Daps
That’s revisionist history as a lot of teams wanted no part in trading up during that draft and GS wasn’t going to get equal value for the pick

They still could’ve gotten Halliburton and a future pick if they traded back in that draft.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shoulda moved draymond when there were dummies arguing he was a top 10 player

I consider myself somewhat of a “casual” (albeit an “upper tier” one due to how long I’ve been watching basketball) but were there really ppl arguing draymond was a top 10 player in the league at one point or is this hyperbole?? :picard: