Did drafting poorly ruin the Golden State Warriors dynasty?

Dipsey Doo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Warriors mistake was trying to balance the present while trying to build towards the future.

In hindsight, they should have traded the 2nd pick in 2021 and went all in with veterans until the wheels fell off.

They got lucky in 2022 with some favorable playoff matchups.

Its hard to develop young players when you have an aging core that expects to win now and big

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I think Ryan Rollins will carve out a role in the league. Too soon to write him off.

I dont see it with Patrick Baldwin. He can shoot it, sure, but until he does stuff like rebound, he has no role in the league..
Fair enough about Rollins.

But PBJ was Bob Myers’s first round pick. The guy played like 11 games in college and was injured. Dumbass STILL decided to draft him. That’s his MO. Take a player that was highly touted, didn’t show anything, and his stock dropped way lower than what was expected, and draft that player. He did the same thing with Nico Mannion. Mannion was supposed to be a top pick, but played so badly that his stock dropped tremendously. Not even thinking about WHY this player dropped so low, Bob will just draft him.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
2019 KD got hurt but they were still good enough to beat that Raptors team
KD and Klay. Hell, even Looney was playing through injuries in that series. That was a brutal streak of injuries.

It is what it is though.
They didnt exactly do anything to boost Jordan's value and thanks to Draymond and their enabling of him everybody knew they had to get rid of him so they had no leverage.
Honestly, I'd rather have traded him for better role players. His value was low, but not low enough to not get a bunch of vets that could immediately contribute and hold leads off the bench.

Or I don't know, maybe a goddamn big so the team doesn't need to rely on Looney playing literally every game in the season including the playoffs.