Did drafting poorly ruin the Golden State Warriors dynasty?

fallback

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is false, draymond was a second rounder and yet as a rookie he played in 79 games even when he averaged 3 points and shot 32% from t he floor

The main thing Kerr did was take David Lee out of the starting lineup for Draymond. The league in 2014 was starting to shift away from those type of players and it was holding Gstate back along with Curry and Klay blossoming into who they were. I remember Kerr saying around that time he saw this team as a Mid 2000s version of the Suns but with defense.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
YES.

Bob Myers was a TERRIBLE GM

Moody is the only decent player we have. U give a GM 3 lottery picks and you only get 1 decent player after 4 years, thats a problem. Since Looney was drafted, Bob Myers been ass. And I'm suuuure it's just a coincidence that Jerry West left at that same time the Warriors kept drafting non-NBA talent

2016 - Looney (fine choice)

****Jerry West leaves

2017 - Jordan Bell (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
2018 - Jacob Evans (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
2019 - Jordan Poole (current GM Mike Dunleavy Jr. is linked to this pick. and dumbass Bob Myers fukked it up by giving him that bloated ass contract anyway)
2019 - Eric Paschall (non-NBA talent, out of the league after 3 seasons.)
2019 - Alen Smailagic (non-NBA talent, out of the league)

2020 - JAMES WISEMAN, lottery pick (literally rotting on the 2-17 Pistons bench, an absolute BUST. Pick a nikka that played 3 games in high school because of athleticism smfh. Lamelo Ball and Haliburton are there. If they were really "light years ahead", they would've picked better. Since being in detroit, the Pistons have won 4 games in the last 10+ months. 2 people fukked, carried a child to term and gave birth to a baby, and in that time, the pistons have only won 4 games

2020 - Nico Mannion (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
2020 - Justinian Jessup (non-NBA talent, CAN'T GET INTO THE LEAGUE)
2021 - Jonathan Kuminga (all athleticism, no actual skill or IQ. Franz Wagner was right there)
2021 - Moses Moody (literally the only decent player we've drafted after getting 3 straight lotto picks)
2022 - After being carried by Steph to a chip, this dumbass FO decides to draft MORE bad players. Patrick Baldwin Jr (rotting on the 3-14 Wizards bench. Cant even get Garbo Time mins)
2022 - Ryan Rollins (non-NBA talent, garbage time player)

and Myers FINALLY steps down after 2023

THE WARRIORS HAVE BEEN DRAFTING NON-NBA TALENT FOR 8 YEARS

And I havent even talked about how Bob Myers was the sole reason why the Warriors didn't make the playoffs in 2021. This moron drafted Wisean, signed Brad Wannamaker, and signed Kelly Oubre Jr. THREE of the worst players on that team that actively tanked the team's ceiling every time they were on the court. The Warriors paid over 80 million on Oubre when you consider Luxury tax, and then let that idiot walk for nothing when they could've traded him at the deadline when they saw he was a terrible fit. Steph was playing like he was Jesus on the court that season and Myers signed 3 players that killed the warriors chances of competing every time they set foot on the court. GM Malpractice

Oh and let's not get into the 2019-20 season. If Steph didn't break his hand, they still had a prime Steph curry going into the season. They couldnt know he was gonna break his hand, so WTF were they doing? They signed:

Ky Bowman (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
Willie Cauley Stein (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
Glenn Robinson III (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
Alec Burks (trash ass nikka)
Traded picks to get Omari fukking Spellman (:dahell: )

as their main moves.

I will say, they got 4 chips. But the Warriors org loves to reference the Spurs, and how they can go on the same kinda run that the Spurs did, which meant not necessarily winning chips every year, but being contenders for every year they had Duncan. Only difference is RC Buford's ass could scout better than anyone in the Warrior's FO. They don't have good talent evaluation so they give Steph nothing each year. They lucked into 2022, because Bob Myers and Kerr's dumbass kept saying they didn't think they could win a chip in 2022, and that the 2022 chip was their most unlikely, even tho they were playing at a 60+ win pace before injuries.

U know what they did after winning in 2022? Immediately let GP2 leave, kept Wiseman trash ass, signed Jamychal Green (who is out the league now), let OPJ leave and didn't replace him, and drafted more bad players. They only look competent because Steph curry is there, and Bob Myers FO group didnt even draft Steph. It was Larry Riley who drafted Steph AND Klay. Bob just walked into a fortunate situation and gets the praise for drafting Steph even tho he had fukk all to do with it

u know how ass Bob Myers and the Warriors FO are? They let GP2 walk for nothing even tho he led the warriors in net rtg in the finals. Then 8 months later, had to trade back for GP2 by giving up FIVE second round picks and wiseman. They could've just traded wiseman in the offseason and kept GP2 and kept their picks. Instead they salary dumped wiseman and gave up picks to get back a player they originally had.
I think Ryan Rollins will carve out a role in the league. Too soon to write him off.

I dont see it with Patrick Baldwin. He can shoot it, sure, but until he does stuff like rebound, he has no role in the league..

b. woods

Peace
Daps
We could’ve had Kobe but we drafted that CAC Todd fukkin Fuller

:snoop:

:mjlol: Sounds like a "Random #" name :laff:

No way in hell would someone with a name like that be All-Star/All-NBA/MVP level. :pachaha:

Probably would appear 2-3 times in EVERY trading card pack :dead:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
They are the reason the team is in cap hell.
I can't say you're wrong, but that's how the cookie crumbles in situations like this.

There's a lot to be said for what they turned KD's slot into, Wiggins was clearly viewed as the worst contract in the league for a while. And there had to be something better they could've gotten out of Poole than the ghost of CP3.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't say you're wrong, but that's how the cookie crumbles in situations like this.

There's a lot to be said for what they turned KD's slot into, Wiggins was clearly viewed as the worst contract in the league for a while. And there had to be something better they could've gotten out of Poole than the ghost of CP3.
Even having a KD slot was a masterstroke. If he leaves for nothing they are still in cap hell and they have 1 fewer ring.

They didnt exactly do anything to boost Jordan's value and thanks to Draymond and their enabling of him everybody knew they had to get rid of him so they had no leverage.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

What we're learning is,

the way to submarine your value league wide:

be overpaid combined with

appearing as if you're just playing for the check, having the profile of someone who would love being a shyt team as long as you're getting buckets and coming off like a bytch. Poole checked off all 3.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
this is false, draymond was a second rounder and yet as a rookie he played in 79 games even when he averaged 3 points and shot 32% from t he floor

But it was Kerr's idea to use Draymond as a secondary ballhandler and focal point of the rotation that became the Death lineup (Klay/Steph/Barnes/Iggy/Dray, and then Death 2.0 with KD instead of Barnes).

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Steph Curry is the reason this team didn't get as many rings as they should have.

His passive aggressiveness as a leader was just the wrong energy to control Draymond.

U can't have a hothead that integral to the team's success who doesn't fear consequences from the "supposed" leader of said team :francis:

All time great team but they under achieved
How many rings should they won the last 4 years?

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
How many rings should they won the last 4 years?
I'm talking Stephs total run with Golden State, I think they should have 6.

The two they're missing are 2016 and 2019.

2016 is the clearest example of Stephs passive aggressiveness with Draymond costing them a ring

2019 KD got hurt but they were still good enough to beat that Raptors team, and Draymond talking crazy is the reason KD didn't come back.

Stephs a bad leader, don't nobody in that locker room listen to his ass especially Draymond :yeshrug:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I'm talking Stephs total run with Golden State, I think they should have 6.

The two they're missing are 2016 and 2019.

2016 is the clearest example of Stephs passive aggressiveness with Draymond costing them a ring

2019 KD got hurt but they were still good enough to beat that Raptors team, and Draymond talking crazy is the reason KD didn't come back.

Stephs a bad leader, don't nobody in that locker room listen to his ass especially Draymond :yeshrug:
When do they win two other rings?