Did drafting poorly ruin the Golden State Warriors dynasty?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They had no Klay for an entire season and a half
They would've been forced to play :russ:

Kerr doesn't play young guys cause the guys GS been drafting are not good players
It's not like they went to other teams and broke out these guys are wack AF
I disagree on Moody. He is legit good with a really polished game. If he was on another team where he was getting 30 minutes a night, he'd put up at least 18 a game on pretty solid shooting.

Last season, Kerr should have been letting him and Kuminga get more run. Instead, he was clinging to a couple journeymen in Ty Jerome and Anthony Lamb. One is buried in Cleveland this season and the other is in New Zealand. That's an organizational failure. If you aren't gonna play two Lottery picks over those guys, trade them, especially in a season that was sabotaged by Draymond's punch.

Then the playoffs came around and all four of them were buried only for Kerr to break the emergency glass for Moody, who shot really well, but still barely saw the floor for a team that was desperate for offense outside of Steph. Meanwhile, Klay was shooting them out of game after game. :heh:

Kerr is way too rigid as a coach. Of course, he's the same guy who wanted to bring Ant off the bench for Team USA. :russ:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, Nobody really standing in their way from it. That Lakers series could have went either way last year and I think they could beat Denver in a 7 game series.
Denver, Milwaukee, Boston, Phoenix all seem like possibilities.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
YES.

Bob Myers was a TERRIBLE GM

Moody is the only decent player we have. U give a GM 3 lottery picks and you only get 1 decent player after 4 years, thats a problem. Since Looney was drafted, Bob Myers been ass. And I'm suuuure it's just a coincidence that Jerry West left at that same time the Warriors kept drafting non-NBA talent

2016 - Looney (fine choice)

****Jerry West leaves

2017 - Jordan Bell (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
2018 - Jacob Evans (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
2019 - Jordan Poole (current GM Mike Dunleavy Jr. is linked to this pick. and dumbass Bob Myers fukked it up by giving him that bloated ass contract anyway)
2019 - Eric Paschall (non-NBA talent, out of the league after 3 seasons.)
2019 - Alen Smailagic (non-NBA talent, out of the league)

2020 - JAMES WISEMAN, lottery pick (literally rotting on the 2-17 Pistons bench, an absolute BUST. Pick a nikka that played 3 games in high school because of athleticism smfh. Lamelo Ball and Haliburton are there. If they were really "light years ahead", they would've picked better. Since being in detroit, the Pistons have won 4 games in the last 10+ months. 2 people fukked, carried a child to term and gave birth to a baby, and in that time, the pistons have only won 4 games

2020 - Nico Mannion (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
2020 - Justinian Jessup (non-NBA talent, CAN'T GET INTO THE LEAGUE)
2021 - Jonathan Kuminga (all athleticism, no actual skill or IQ. Franz Wagner was right there)
2021 - Moses Moody (literally the only decent player we've drafted after getting 3 straight lotto picks)
2022 - After being carried by Steph to a chip, this dumbass FO decides to draft MORE bad players. Patrick Baldwin Jr (rotting on the 3-14 Wizards bench. Cant even get Garbo Time mins)
2022 - Ryan Rollins (non-NBA talent, garbage time player)

and Myers FINALLY steps down after 2023

THE WARRIORS HAVE BEEN DRAFTING NON-NBA TALENT FOR 8 YEARS

And I havent even talked about how Bob Myers was the sole reason why the Warriors didn't make the playoffs in 2021. This moron drafted Wisean, signed Brad Wannamaker, and signed Kelly Oubre Jr. THREE of the worst players on that team that actively tanked the team's ceiling every time they were on the court. The Warriors paid over 80 million on Oubre when you consider Luxury tax, and then let that idiot walk for nothing when they could've traded him at the deadline when they saw he was a terrible fit. Steph was playing like he was Jesus on the court that season and Myers signed 3 players that killed the warriors chances of competing every time they set foot on the court. GM Malpractice

Oh and let's not get into the 2019-20 season. If Steph didn't break his hand, they still had a prime Steph curry going into the season. They couldnt know he was gonna break his hand, so WTF were they doing? They signed:

Ky Bowman (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
Willie Cauley Stein (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
Glenn Robinson III (non-NBA talent, out of the league)
Alec Burks (trash ass nikka)
Traded picks to get Omari fukking Spellman (:dahell: )

as their main moves.

I will say, they got 4 chips. But the Warriors org loves to reference the Spurs, and how they can go on the same kinda run that the Spurs did, which meant not necessarily winning chips every year, but being contenders for every year they had Duncan. Only difference is RC Buford's ass could scout better than anyone in the Warrior's FO. They don't have good talent evaluation so they give Steph nothing each year. They lucked into 2022, because Bob Myers and Kerr's dumbass kept saying they didn't think they could win a chip in 2022, and that the 2022 chip was their most unlikely, even tho they were playing at a 60+ win pace before injuries.

U know what they did after winning in 2022? Immediately let GP2 leave, kept Wiseman trash ass, signed Jamychal Green (who is out the league now), let OPJ leave and didn't replace him, and drafted more bad players. They only look competent because Steph curry is there, and Bob Myers FO group didnt even draft Steph. It was Larry Riley who drafted Steph AND Klay. Bob just walked into a fortunate situation and gets the praise for drafting Steph even tho he had fukk all to do with it

u know how ass Bob Myers and the Warriors FO are? They let GP2 walk for nothing even tho he led the warriors in net rtg in the finals. Then 8 months later, had to trade back for GP2 by giving up FIVE second round picks and wiseman. They could've just traded wiseman in the offseason and kept GP2 and kept their picks. Instead they salary dumped wiseman and gave up picks to get back a player they originally had.

Last edited:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Draymond's importance is severely overrated.

If you ask me, his importance is the same as Carlton was as the peacock 🦚 mascot for ULA on the fresh prince.

I bet if a hypothetical trade of Draymond for Anthony Edwards was ever presented, there'd be some fools that would say warriors shouldn't do it:mjlol:

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps

If you ask me, his importance is the same as Carlton was as the peacock 🦚 mascot for ULA on the fresh prince.

I bet if a hypothetical trade of Draymond for Anthony Edwards was ever presented, there'd be some fools that would say warriors shouldn't do it:mjlol:
I loved that over the back. This my first Bulls game in a minute. Gotta hit up the UC again. I fukk with the Bulls hard af smh loser ass nikkas

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

:dead:

u do realize there was a fresh prince episode where the rival team captured Carlton and the players couldn't get motivated to compete without Carlton tho right?