Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When he was alive I would watch Kevin Samuels occasionally. He was always about pushing brothers into established fields like business and tech and stem and getting the bag. Which is fair. One brother called in and said he was an artist and Kevin dogged him for being an artist because he didn't see the money potential. Then Kevin would use Marvel terms like Thanos snap and GOT terms like "winter is coming".

This dude was pushing for a healthy black community while not valuing the potentiality of black art while propping up white made art that were cultural icons. This is the problem. Short-term thinking and bag chasing rather than legacy building. Because the black community does not value art the black community tells striving artists to not pursue it. Then the black community complains about lack of representation in media and film while at the same time sneering at black artists. You cannot have representation if you do not value art.

I find that all non-whites suffer from this with latinos probably suffering from it the least. It's a devaluation of art. I think the common denominator is that all of these groups were colonized or enslaved and therefore they don't understand nor appreciate the cultural power art holds. I call it a colonized mindset. Arabs, Asians, Africans, and some Latinos have a similar mindset. What's funny is that the Asian countries that have done the best learned to value their art the most. Countries like Japan. Anime and games and media is one of Japan's biggest exports. One tiny nation is out here making whole demographics love them just through their art because they learned its power and its ability to craft narratives. Note that Japan unlike China, India, Arabia, and Africa was never colonized.

My theory is that colonization, even after it ends, puts nations on survival mode to the point where they can't even picture the idea of valuing art.
You see it

To further your point about Japan look at Korea and it's cultural explosion in the last decade or so. Kpop acts are selling out stadiums in the US. You have American women using vpns to watch Korean drama:mjlol: Women of all races are openly thirsting after Korean men after decades of Asian men being portrayed as asexual and weak

Korea put deliberate energy towards pushing art/culture as it's main export and the shyt is working. Kpop is funded by the government , because they had an epiphany about the power of art

I recommend this book for a deeper dive into how serious they took exportation of art and culture

81-odJAWu+L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
You see it

To further you point about Japan look at Korea and it's cultural explosion in the last decade or so. Kpop acts are selling out stadiums in the US. You have American women using vpns to watch Korean drama:mjlol: Women of all races are openly thirsting after Korean men after decades of Asian men being portrayed as asexual and weak

Korea put deliberate energy towards pushing art/culture as it's main export and the shyt is working. Kpop is funded by the government , because they had an epiphany about the power of art

I recommend this book for a deeper dive into how serious they took exportation of art and culture

***EDIT*** I can't tell if it's showing. How the fukk do you post Amazon links?:why:

Korean government is funding their arts? Sheeeeit.

No link seen here.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
We like telling non blacks to stop claiming our shyt. Let’s do the same thing and stop claiming other peoples shyt too.

Black Americans basically created virtually all forms of music so let the cacs have this one.

Did you not read the thread? What came to be marketed as Country music has always been made/played by "Black" people.

whites jacked the music--->created the minstrel show which caused many blacks who always played this music to fall back----->then whites created the terms "Race music" and "Hillbilly/Country" which forever distorted the reality of said "Country" music

all one has to do is ask yourself how did an Afram hero who they made a song for become the biggest folk character of "white" Hillbilly music?

the answer is real simple

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

my late great uncle was a “black cowboy” and had a farm with horses in his backyard. From what I remember he was into stuff like the gap band. This was in California
Most people don't know that a good portion of the cowboys in the old west were black men. People with roots in Texas and Oklahoma are their descendants.