Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
:mjlol: Nah, you got negged for being a c00n.

:mjlol: This nikka cosplaying in real life. I’m talmbout this nikka got a pickup truck with a confederate flag on the back of that mf, in his cowboys jeans, boots, shirt, and hat riding around bumping the Best of Luke Combs.
The only part about what you said that's correct is the fact that I listen to Luke Combs and I have no shame in doing so. I enjoy good music regardless of genre. If you don't, then that's on you :yeshrug:

The goofiest part about your statement is that you and other posters favorite artist could breathe new life into their careers by hopping on the country music wave just like Nelly and Darius Rucker did who those fans still treat like a superstars eventhough others would consider him washed.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
The only part about what you said that's correct is the fact that I listen to Luke Combs and I have no shame in doing so :yeshrug:

The goofiest part about your statement is that you and other posters favorite artist could breathe new life into their careers by hopping on the country music wave just like Nelly did who those fans still treat like a superstar eventhough others would consider him washed.
:mjlol: The same fans that are MAGA? They going to embrace nikkas? You’re either a cac, a c00n, or just a stupid fakkit. Possibly all tree. Are we done or are we finished?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
:mjlol: The same fans that are MAGA? They going to embrace nikkas? You’re either a cac, a c00n, or just a stupid fakkit. Possibly all tree. Are we done or are we finished?
It's black artist in country music like Blanco Brown, Breland and Mickey Guyton that could use your support. If you choose not to support them and listen to their music, then that's on you :yeshrug:

Hopefully Beyonce gives them a shoutout on uses them production wise for her upcoming album as they could really use the rub and introduction to a mass audience.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's black artist in country music like Blanco Brown, Breland and Mickey Guyton that could use your support. If you choose not to support them and listen to their music, then that's on you :yeshrug:

Hopefully Beyonce gives them a shoutout on uses them production wise for her upcoming album as they could really use the rub and introduction to a mass audience.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Yep:wow:

Society is shaped by art. The movies we watch, books we read, and the music we listen to shapes behavior for a period of time

Black folks don't take this as seriously as we should. Cacs created Hollywood for a reason
When he was alive I would watch Kevin Samuels occasionally. He was always about pushing brothers into established fields like business and tech and stem and getting the bag. Which is fair. One brother called in and said he was an artist and Kevin dogged him for being an artist because he didn't see the money potential. Then Kevin would use Marvel terms like Thanos snap and GOT terms like "winter is coming".

This dude was pushing for a healthy black community while not valuing the potentiality of black art while propping up white made art that were cultural icons. This is the problem. Short-term thinking and bag chasing rather than legacy building. Because the black community does not value art the black community tells striving artists to not pursue it. Then the black community complains about lack of representation in media and film while at the same time sneering at black artists. You cannot have representation if you do not value art.

I find that all non-whites suffer from this with latinos probably suffering from it the least. It's a devaluation of art. I think the common denominator is that all of these groups were colonized or enslaved and therefore they don't understand nor appreciate the cultural power art holds. I call it a colonized mindset. Arabs, Asians, Africans, and some Latinos have a similar mindset. What's funny is that the Asian countries that have done the best learned to value their art the most. Countries like Japan. Anime and games and media is one of Japan's biggest exports. One tiny nation is out here making whole demographics love them just through their art because they learned its power and its ability to craft narratives. Note that Japan unlike China, India, Arabia, and Africa was never colonized.

My theory is that colonization, even after it ends, puts nations on survival mode to the point where they can't even picture the idea of valuing art.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I know and I agree. Do you think it's mostly just not wanting white people involved or owning our own stuff?

The music that gets "thrown away" is usually a combination of being looked at as old/outdated or because the music represented the/a transition to another form of music. "White" music industry perceptions for marketing purposes, added to it.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

she won‘t who has Beyoncé really supported

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I`m a southern and that shyt was always trash to us. Who the fukk watched CMT or whatever country channel growing up lmfao. Black Rural folks wasn't listening to that bullshyt either, and if you go to the Gulf/lousiana them nikkas was listening to Zydeco if you want to get into edge case scenarios.

This is the gift and curse with the internet nikkas say anything to feel proud seek pride and we look stupid when its grounded in nothing snd then it gets used as fuel to delegitimize shyt we actually did create or contribute to as "there go them nikkas tryna claim everything"

Zydeco, is pretty much updated black "hillbilly" music. This is the "rural" Louisiana sound that came before Zydeco (Zydeco is Rhythm and Blues influenced)

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

???For example, acoustic blues was thrown away by the younger generation in the 1940s because it was looked at as "plantation" music

for electric blues in the 1950s which was the new urbanized wave

which became Blues-Rock guitar in the 1960s which was modern pop all around the world

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
???For example, acoustic blues was thrown away by the younger generation in the 1940s because it was looked at as "plantation" music

for electric blues in the 1950s which was the new urbanized wave

which became Blues-Rock guitar in the 1960s which was modern pop all around the world

I posted that because it was an interesting perspective I hadn't considered.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I posted that because it was an interesting perspective I hadn't considered.

oh. another example how urban blacks from the new wave of music in the early 1900s, threw away Ragtime as they were creating Jazz OUT OF IT

Ragtime was considered old fashioned in the 1910's by black musicians who were creating/evolving Jazz

this is usually Afram genres of music get "thrown away" combined with the other reasons I already mentioned