Did Anyone Fumble The Bag Worse Than Desus and Mero?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
putting your show behind a paywall and one that's on showtime and not HBO is never good for growth.

Mero was just a talentless hyena mf anyway. the schtick was played out.

Desus seems actually talented and could at least write jokes for someone else if not himself somewhere else without Mero.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Desus transitioned from a funny dude on Twitter to actual (somewhat) mainstream success. There's 10,000 funny brehs on twitter right now dying to be the next Desus. That lane is pretty much dead now.
And that's because Twitter is dead or dying.

Like @Black Trash! said there were a lot of black people getting signed to major deals and making moves off of Twitter in the 2010s (Quinta Brunson, Zack Fox, Desus & Mero, Druski, etc...).

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
They got paid hundreds of thousands (millions?) to do what everyone does on here for FREE
Even if they never get back to where they were they had a good run :manny:
The break up was unfortunate but I think the timing of the writer strike really fukked them up
I’m sure they had stuff in the works that either got shelved or bushed

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
uh they were never funny to me… like someone else said, their humor probably got old. They came up during the NY Timbs memes and NY shyt seemed to be most of their joke pallet. They actually were legit annoying to listen to. There’s only so many times people can laugh at two New Yorkers laughing at a rat carrying a piece of pizza through the subway.

Last edited:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Their schtick of being the homeboy urban tour guides for hipsters and office bros got tired.

Desus was funny.

Mero was not.

Desus wanted to and made it known he was selling out as fast as possible. He was in it for a payday. That means he had no integrity to the brand he built.

When Mero went at it with Tariq over that unfunny bytch I knew their time was coming to an end. They for some reason embraced ultra liberals and started getting into politics and shyt. Doomed.

Daps
What happened to these guys? Before the Pandemic they were everywhere. I could have seen them replacing Charlemagne and Envy as The Breakfast Club hosts. They were the "edgy nikkas" the corporate whites were setting up to be the next winner of the Illuminati Lottery.

I haven't seen or heard from these guys in forever..

The Money & Violence crew was worse

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What happened to these guys? Before the Pandemic they were everywhere. I could have seen them replacing Charlemagne and Envy as The Breakfast Club hosts. They were the "edgy nikkas" the corporate whites were setting up to be the next winner of the Illuminati Lottery.

I haven't seen or heard from these guys in forever..

:laff: