Did Anyone Fumble The Bag Worse Than Desus and Mero?

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
I've said this many times, I have a bias in that they're from my old neighborhood. These dudes had billboards and ads in the trains. Two twitter nikkas, man from the BX. I don't think they ever thought they would make it that far.

But, I'm afraid I have to agree with others that said that time caught up to them. It was a mix of that and the Victor situation. But outside of that, they more or less overachieved.
Showtime was a bag, but it did feel sanitized as well. Vice days, they were hilarious and off the cuff, but things were more scripted. They were never good interviewers so giving them more time on them felt like a mistake as well. They were at their best riffing on stupid news stories. Deep down, I don't think either of them were funny enough to make anything past that-- even if they are far better together.

Mashal88

All Star
Daps
From message boards to Showtime. There was no bag fumbled. Even if they were unfunny, that's irrelevant to the question. Showtime gave them a 4th season. The 4th season ended early because they had disagreements and split up, not because people anyone got tired of them.

Daps

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Well I fukked with them heavy especially during the pandemic. With split shifts at the job and the uncertainty during that time, them and few other podcasts got me through that crazy 1:30 pm to 9:00 pm schedule. I liked them off of the strength of the "OG" Vice show that's where I discovered them didn't really know their social media stuff beforehand. I'll still check out whatever they got going on down the road. And yes to me Desus was always the more funny one, cause that's kinda how I joke on shyt.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
A lot of people still fukk with them. Go look at Desus IG page. People always ask when they're going to work together again.

That man is out here living his best life. If that's fumbling then sign me up.

The hunger for them to reunite is there. The day they announce another tour watch it sell out.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Overachieved and stayed relevant because of Desus but it couldn’t last forever.

Mero just doesn’t have it and that was very obvious. Seeing these dude 1000% faded all the time on the Vice show got old and you wonder how serious he took it.

Meanwhile Desus needs to come out the closet because dude been radiating chi chi mon vibes for a minute. He wants to be Hollywood. Good luck. I’m sure you’ll see him in something.

With that said, whatever spark they had on the Vice show was gone at Showtime. Their show was straight basura. The podcast was on life support by then and ironically they could’ve been getting a Spotify bag if they actually took that shyt seriously.

But, neither is a writer and you can see how the 85 South crew is light years ahead of them — because those brehs are fukkin workers. They get theirs on the solo tip but know not to mess up the bag so they stick together.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I've said this many times, I have a bias in that they're from my old neighborhood. These dudes had billboards and ads in the trains. Two twitter nikkas, man from the BX. I don't think they ever thought they would make it that far.

But, I'm afraid I have to agree with others that said that time caught up to them. It was a mix of that and the Victor situation. But outside of that, they more or less overachieved.
Showtime was a bag, but it did feel sanitized as well. Vice days, they were hilarious and off the cuff, but things were more scripted. They were never good interviewers so giving them more time on them felt like a mistake as well. They were at their best riffing on stupid news stories. Deep down, I don't think either of them were funny enough to make anything past that-- even if they are far better together.

Victor should’ve stayed invisible.

Just hearing him on the podcast chiming in here and there was annoying. There can only be one Gary Dell’-abate — and he got away with it because Howard made a lot of people around him get a little shine.

But the shyt just ran its course for Desus and Mero. During the Vice run they should’ve already been setting up the next thing while cementing that podcast as a must listen to show

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
In general I think Desus thought he was bigger than he was as an individual.

They legit walked out on the Showtime gig out of the blue but I believe Desus was willing to bush that, thinking he was on his way.

A couple years later and I haven't seen either one of them anywhere for a while now.

Kinda like Skeet dumb ass. He quit SNL to become the definition of mid. He's actually been spotted after SNL here and there but I won't waste sixty seconds on any project of his.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They didn't fumble the bag.

nikkas need to get out of this retarded mentality that everything needs to be flipped or sustained.

They had a great run as independents, on Vice and on Showtime. They interviewed the likes of Denzel and Obama. They made money. They have industry contacts. They good.

I hate nikka talk :mjlol: