Did any anime ever fall off as hard as Death Note (spoilers)

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just started Death Note. I'm on episode 4.

I can't really engage in here, like I would like to.

But, so far Light and L :russ:

Who will outsmart who? :ehh:

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Yo its straight up disrespectful to even mention that garbage show HSotD in theread about Death note.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Yeah it seemed like Light got dumb after taking out L. I mean he did some stupid ass shyt before (killing the imposter on a Japanese news broadcast :aicmon: and killing the FBI agent that was tailing him :mindblown:)

But after L they way the dude goes against Near.... :snoop: hurts more when you don't even like the swag Near has.

It's an even bigger insult to injury that had it been One on One with Near, Light would've won. It took THREE dudes to take him down and do L's work, and L's just one dude. :mindblown:

But had Misa Amane not been such a damn groupie, didn't almost literally dikkride everything that came out of Light's mouth and was much more harder to manipulate, L would've won that fight. :ufdup:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Truth is it peaked before L died, the suspense was like that first season of homeland :banderas: The way they were going at each other was legendary. After they arrested the second kira the show took a hit, too much interferance by MC ren that sucky shimmy gami but it was still decent. The last third after they killed off L was butt cheeks

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It's an even bigger insult to injury that had it been One on One with Near, Light would've won. It took THREE dudes to take him down and do L's work, and L's just one dude. :mindblown:

But had Misa Amane not been such a damn groupie, didn't almost literally dikkride everything that came out of Light's mouth and was much more harder to manipulate, L would've won that fight. :ufdup:

Also Teru Mikami fukked up BAD with the Death Note in that locker but it's also Light's fault for not covering his bases and telling Mikami to test it before setting up his endgame. :why: I just hate thinking about it, so many dumb moves when Near and the entirety of the SPK should have been bodied easy.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Also Teru Mikami fukked up BAD with the Death Note in that locker but it's also Light's fault for not covering his bases and telling Mikami to test it before setting up his endgame. :why: I just hate thinking about it, so many dumb moves when Near and the entirety of the SPK should have been bodied easy.

I think this was the case of Light starting to really lose his sanity, because he was slipping all over the place. He was way too cocky and because of that, there were many things he didn't take into account. He became exactly what he hated the most; scum. But when you've got a God complex and you manage to kill off the one guy who was capable of stopping you, you'd be on some :youngsabo:shyt too. But once he lost his Pops, he started acting reckless.

And that's the same mentality that got him bodied. :ufdup:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
First season of Death Note is all time great. It annoyed me that L died because he had Light on lockdown. In fact L won but they gave Light fake ass plot armor. L said straight up "if I die Light is Kira". Then L dies and nikkas act like he didn't say that shyt? Loved how the movie cleaned it up and L lives until the end. L should have never died especially when he proved he was better than Light time and time again. He knew Light was Kira from the gate. I hated Light's father he fukked everything up.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
First season of Death Note is all time great. It annoyed me that L died because he had Light on lockdown. In fact L won but they gave Light fake ass plot armor. L said straight up "if I die Light is Kira". Then L dies and nikkas act like he didn't say that shyt? Loved how the money cleaned it up and L lives until the end. L should have never died especially when he proved he was better than Light time and time again. He knew Light was Kira from the gate. I hated Light's father he fukked everything up.
Death note is polarizing because the first season was so incredibly strong. Season two took a dive and felt like a chore to watch but in the end I still got the ending I wanted. I give the series 4/5.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i have to change my mind now that Bleach has ended it is the undisputed champ. The fall off on that shyt is something I've never seen before and it dragged for so damn long. That ending was absolute trash. Seemed like 2 completely amines after the Soul Society Arc. The Quincy invasion was dope but even that fell off quick with overpowered Quincys that obviously couldn't be beat. Unforgivable how they made Kenpachi a jobber over and over again and don't get me started on how they had Aizen strapped to a damn chair the majority of the time and then gave him one damn fight which was only 2-3 panels. Yep that shyt is atrocious

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wifey and I enjoyed entire series.

We were actually pissed ol boy didn't get away with it

Poor faggit scrambling to kill on tiny ass pieces of paper. He fell off so hard

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i have to change my mind now that Bleach has ended it is the undisputed champ. The fall off on that shyt is something I've never seen before and it dragged for so damn long. That ending was absolute trash. Seemed like 2 completely amines after the Soul Society Arc. The Quincy invasion was dope but even that fell off quick with overpowered Quincys that obviously couldn't be beat. Unforgivable how they made Kenpachi a jobber over and over again and don't get me started on how they had Aizen strapped to a damn chair the majority of the time and then gave him one damn fight which was only 2-3 panels. Yep that shyt is atrocious
Really though Bleach was bad for the bulk of it's run. It started as acceptable and by the end of SS it was barely that so the fact that it ended as trash isn't that drastic a falloff. Death Note was legitimately good with the L arc and by the time it ended it was barely average.