Did any anime ever fall off as hard as Death Note (spoilers)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Being honest Bleach was never really good. It had a point where it was decent and had potential but Bleach was always about cool characters rather than quality and it spent most of it's run being mediocre before it turned to pure crap. Death Note fell off really hard. It went from one of the best anime shows ever to just barely ok.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I've never seen a single episode of bleach or one piece. I saw every episode of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. My boy tells me if I liked those shows I should love One Piece.
Right now my favorite anime is Tokyo Ghoul. Attack on Titan is my second. I haven't kept up with Dragon Ball Super but definitely plan on watching it eventually.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I agree but what I like about the show is how they develop the characters. Light Yagami was never arrogant, Kira was. We watched how an incredible power in the hands of an otherwise innocent person corrupted him. The show was incredibly well done in that regard. I hope the live action remake does the show justice, and have my fingers crossed hoping they even fix some of the shows short comings in the second half.

Co-sign. I think it was either Ohba or Obata that said Light would have probably been one of the greats detectives if he never got a hold of the death note.
I've never seen a single episode of bleach or one piece. I saw every episode of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. My boy tells me if I liked those shows I should love One Piece.
Right now my favorite anime is Tokyo Ghoul. Attack on Titan is my second. I haven't kept up with Dragon Ball Super but definitely plan on watching it eventually.

You'll get fatigue with One Piece, the pacing of the anime has gone to shyt.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hellsing will always be the gawd.

Soon as alexander got that wirk walter stepping out to crush the buildings :banderas:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Bleach was GREAT when it first started airing. For me, it kinda captured that :gladbron: feeling that I would get when I first started watching DBZ. Past a certain point, though, you could tell they were straight filler episodes for weeks and it got pretty boring.

But there was a pretty large gap in my anime viewing history. There was a point where I would only catch the ending themes of certain shows because I was always coming in at 2-4 in the morning. So when I started back messing with anime (bleach) I really didn't have anything to compare it to.

One prolly wouldn't get that feeling while watching it now. Plenty of boss shows have come and gone, and like old DBZ, Bleach's pacing and story style wouldn't let it measure up past the first major story arc (soul society arc).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I haven't read or watched One Piece in almost 7 years. The post war arc is where I left off. The fact of the matter is until Sanji joins and Arlong Park happens One Piece is trash. From then till the point I stopped its one of the best shounen Mangas ever. I stopped because the pacing slowed down. I can't vouch for how the new world arcs are but from Arlong Park till the post war arc One Piece is exceptional.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
DBZ got a little ridiculous after the Cell saga.

As far as Death Note, yeah, the quality of the manga/anime did go down after L died. That's the general consensus among alotta fans of the series, including me.

The cat and mouse game between Light and L>>>>>>. Yohan Libert vs the main character in "Monster" was good too
Bruh i couldnt even make it through most of super. Lots of dope concepts, particularly the Goku Black and the multiverse tournament arcs. But the characters were just written terribly imo. Vegeta lost a lot of what made him a great character and Goku is just a got damn parody of himself at this point. Id rather watch a marathon of all the bleach filler than sit through that super bullshyt.

As far as deathnote the final arc was ok. Meh at best, but it was at least watchable/readable.

Bruhs name was literally L. It was never gone end well for him.:francis:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
nikkas trippin talkin about Yu Yu hakusho, chapter black was fire.

platinum end gotta be one of the worst fall offs I’ve seen, went from thrilling to the most mid shyt ever, funny enough it was made by the death note creator

ranking of kings got real stupid at the end too