Did any anime ever fall off as hard as Death Note (spoilers)

DMR

Killa
Daps
The claymore manga is horrible now. It was utter piffery before the time lapse

yup, berserk is rather weak now too :leostare:

altho bleach takes the cake easily, after aizen arc shyt was straight asscheeks

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I actually kept reading only because I was waiting for the big moment...

When Raki and Clare reunite which happened this past chapter...and I can't even lie I'm kinda hype about it :lolbron:

:leon:

I might have to read on my tablet tonight. Shyt always seemed like a confusing clusterfukk to me but I always thought it might've been because of it only dropping monthly

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:leon:

I might have to read on my tablet tonight. Shyt always seemed like a confusing clusterfukk to me but I always thought it might've been because of it only dropping monthly

It's finally starting to come together a bit better...one hyped up revelation was madd disappointing but not enough to ruin the bit that got me legitimately excited for next chapter.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
after L died....

I remember reading each chapter with the :gladbron: face

after near came in and shyt?? :wtf: :usure:

L was annoying and so was near. I was upset when they killed the homie in the end. Overall i thought the series was awesome and i thought it ended cool. I never woulda thought they were going to kill my dude like that. I was like ahhhhhhhh hes gonna think his way outta this 1 with a piece of paper he had taped to the back of his ear.. Nope. :yeshrug:

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Death note, Bleach(been getting better recently), Naruto, Gantz all fell of something serious.

I feel the same about Code Geass. Season 1 >>>>>>>>> Season 2 (but the series finale was :wow:)

Oh god yes, THIS. Season 2 was fukking abysmal.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I finished the anime. Animation is pretty damn dope but I expected the show to be better because the 1st half had a lot of promise. the overuse of fan service didn't really help either

Outside of the ending being unsatisfying (which is a problem A LOT of these 12- and 13-episode animes have), I didn't really have any problems with the story.

I do agree with the bolded, tho. The fanservice had me rolling my eyes whenever they were trying to have a serious conversation and we'd see a shot up a girl's skirt or her titties started bouncing up and down. I had to stop watching Ikki Tousen and Sekkirei for that reason :smh:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I always felt Death Note should have ended after 26 episodes solifying Light as one of the best anti-hero/anti-villains of all time. Near was a bytch which I could never like... I respected L's swag.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The second season of Code Geass was just as much a fall off.

Gundam Seed Destiny is probably the worst fall off in anime. shyt was so wack they shifted the focus midway through from the New cast back to the original Gundam Seed cast and the main character of Gundam Seed Destiny was just there.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
High School of The Dead isnt done yet tho...the anime stopped before the place where the manga is.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I fukked with Code gease S2 purely for how powerful the ending was. shyt still is ill to me to this day.

DBZ should have ended after the cell saga. shyt would have been perfect.

I also think Deathnote should have ended after L death. They set it up so that L was the greatest detective in the world. For him to lose to someone else is preposterous.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Gundam Seed Destiny is probably the worst fall off in anime. shyt was so wack they shifted the focus midway through from the New cast back to the original Gundam Seed cast and the main character of Gundam Seed Destiny was just there.

:pacspit: that was the only anime series besides bleach that had the balls to kill multiple important and favorite characters

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches

You act as if it was good enough to qualify though. The entire cast sucked from the get go and it got worse from there.