Did any anime ever fall off as hard as Death Note (spoilers)

Dwog

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Europe
Naruto was a B- anime at it's best. It probably finished in the D range. Death Note started as an A- anime and finished in the C- range.
Don't really remember much about Death Note tbh

I do remember the best character dying and being replaced by someone far inferior...only reason I wanted to watch was to see the JUST AS PLANNED meme scene which was totally overrated.

Daps
The scary thing is Light would have won if his accomplice didn't fukk up. The accomplice's mistake of putting Light's college sweet heart in the book gave Near enough information to realize that there is a fake notebook allowing him to outsmart Light. But Light's arrogance didn't make him stop and check if his plan is going according to plan because Light assumed that his plan was flawless due to the fact that his plans have always worked out. After outsmarting L this arrogance was at its peak.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The scary thing is Light would have won if his accomplice didn't fukk up. The accomplice's mistake of putting Light's college sweet heart in the book gave Near enough information to realize that there is a fake notebook allowing him to outsmart Light. But Light's arrogance didn't make him stop and check if his plan is going according to plan because Light assumed that his plan was flawless due to the fact that his plans have always worked out. After outsmarting L this arrogance was at its peak.

That was the point. He had a God complex and thought he was infallible, yet he needed help damn near every step of the way to get to that point. Light without help from anyone loses in 10 episodes. He was too stupid and arrogant to realize that which led to an almost perfect ending (if L lived like he was supposed to according to the narrative it's a perfect ending).

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I like them but

Bleach after SS arc and especially arrancar

And YYH after Dark tournament arc

Daps
That was the point. He had a God complex and thought he was infallible, yet he needed help damn near every step of the way to get to that point. Light without help from anyone loses in 10 episodes. He was too stupid and arrogance to realize that which led to an almost perfect ending (if L lived like he was supposed to according to the narrative).

This is the genius of the show. Everyone needs help. We look at the "great ones" of our society and they try to give off the perception that they did it themselves but they had a support group. I'm glad Light got what he deserved. L was my favorite character on the show though.:mjcry:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That was the point. He had a God complex and thought he was infallible, yet he needed help damn near every step of the way to get to that point. Light without help from anyone loses in 10 episodes. He was too stupid and arrogance to realize that which led to an almost perfect ending (if L lived like he was supposed to according to the narrative).
I agree but what I like about the show is how they develop the characters. Light Yagami was never arrogant, Kira was. We watched how an incredible power in the hands of an otherwise innocent person corrupted him. The show was incredibly well done in that regard. I hope the live action remake does the show justice, and have my fingers crossed hoping they even fix some of the shows short comings in the second half.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I like them but

Bleach after SS arc and especially arrancar

And YYH after Dark tournament arc

If they had shown that demon world tournament it'd be epic but that close out was such a massive letdown (I hate that some manga do this ish, Worst ended that way too). I don't think the fall off for YYH was as bad as some of the others mentioned though at least. I'm a YYH stan though.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I agree but what I like about the show is how they develop the characters. Light Yagami was never arrogant, Kira was. We watched how an incredible power in the hands of an otherwise innocent person corrupted him. The show was incredibly well done in that regard. I hope the live action remake does the show justice, and have my fingers crossed hoping they even fix some of the shows short comings in the second half.

Light Yagami was a psychopath. The fundamental difference between a psycho and a socio is a psycho pretends to have positive emotion and empathy and a sociopath is straight to the point. Light Yagami inside was bored and felt he was above living his "normal" mundane life as "perfect" student and citizen. Outwardly, of course, Light behaved like the perfect son, brother, student, and boyfriend. Light displayed psychopathic tendencies from the beginning; those are little nuggets that you miss on the first watch.

The writing and narrative in the first season was truly genius level. The psychopathic tendencies of Light and the sociopathic tendencies of L were displayed well. In fact, I was disappointed that L revealed himself to Light only a dozen episodes in-- it happened way too early and spoiled a lot of the fun.

Daps
Light Yagami was a psychopath. The fundamental difference between a psycho and a socio is a psycho pretends to have positive emotion and empathy and a sociopath is straight to the point. Light Yagami inside was bored and felt he was above living his "normal" mundane life as "perfect" student and citizen. Outwardly, of course, Light behaved like the perfect son, brother, student, and boyfriend. Light displayed psychopathic tendencies from the beginning; those are little nuggets that you miss on the first watch.

The writing and narrative in the first season was truly genius level. The psychopathic tendencies of Light and the sociopathic tendencies of L were displayed well. In fact, I was disappointed that L revealed himself to Light only a dozen episodes in-- it happened way too early and spoiled a lot of the fun.

I think Light was a psychopath as well. L recognized this and that's why he asked Light "Tell me something. Have you ever told the truth?" But I thought the difference between a socio and pyscho is a psycho is born like that and a socio becomes like that. :yeshrug:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I think Light was a psychopath as well. L recognized this and that's why he asked Light "Tell me something. Have you ever told the truth?" But I thought the difference between a socio and pyscho is a psycho is born like that and a socio becomes like that. :yeshrug:

Interesting take, but I think you can develop psychopathic tendencies over time, I think the fundamental difference is honesty.