Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
So, taking a look at the malignant hearts, they absolutely handed out all those nerfs to account for the bonuses you get from using hearts.

I know balancing a game isn't easy, and they need to find some way to make playing seasons a required activity, but holy fukk, making it awful to play in the eternal realm doesn't seem like the way to do it.
Yeah I noticed this after watching the YouTuber DM go through the malignant hearts info. All of the nerfs coincide with some of the hearts buffs and the new tunnels.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The hearts go away after the season ends so...

Yeah, that's my point. They crushed the day to day experience for players in favor of a gameplay mechanic that is only going to be around for a season, and will presumably be replaced by some other seasonal hook.

On one hand, that definitely funnels players into the seasonal loop, but I don't think it helps the long-term health of the game, because no matter how different the seasonal experience is each quarter, eventually players will burn out on developing a character that's basically only good for those three months.

Yeah I noticed this after watching the YouTuber DM go through the malignant hearts info. All of the nerfs coincide with some of the hearts buffs and the new tunnels.

Yep. And what makes it more confusing is that at least at first glance, it seems like it would've been a bit better to maybe have the hearts just buff the lagging skills and aspects to make them worth chasing and specing into so the seasonal experience is unique. As it is, people will mostly just be playing the same builds they were playing since release, but they'll just be shyttier.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They skated straight through the patch. shyt is amazing. :wow:

Shout out to the day one rogues. Probably laughing at all of us.

Rouge is the one class I didn't make initially because I knew it would be my season class. Now I'm not sure. I ain't trying to be the 90th million rouge on the server. I might go sorc for fukkery reasons.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Rouge is the one class I didn't make initially because I knew it would be my season class. Now I'm not sure. I ain't trying to be the 90th million rouge on the server. I might go sorc for fukkery reasons.
You’d think rogues were the most picked class but stats say Sorcerors outnumber rogues 2:1

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Allegedly, if you bought one of the editions that came with a season pass, you can hold on to it for a future season.

Looks like I got a free season pass for Season 2 :wow:

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps
Don't check your armor :unimpressed:
I could take The Butcher before, now they buffed him and nerfed me, got sent to the Shadow Realm. I'm done with this shyte. :unimpressed:
I'm not playing this season. After this nerf, my character is pure shyt.

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps
GotDAMN :huhldup:

That's the type of shyt that makes you want to just log off for a minute.
I am because my fukking damage is non existent. Bro I use to solo run upper 40's, now I literally get one speed by non elite characters.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am because my fukking damage is non existent. Bro I use to solo run upper 40's, now I literally get one speed by non elite characters.

I haven't even bothered logging in with my sorcerer yet. I was getting gunned up and clapped quick before the patch. Enemies about to literally murk me on sight now. :mjlol:

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps
I haven't even bothered logging in with my sorcerer yet. I was getting gunned up and clapped quick before the patch. Enemies about to literally murk me on sight now. :mjlol:
Bro I cannot remember the last time I was so damn passionate about some bullshyt in a game (honesty it might've been Mass Effect 3 ending now that I think about it). I have friends texting me saying that their character is garbage now. I ran a 52 nightmare dungeon with my friend, who is a level 100 Druid, and the damn wolves were DESTROYING me within 4 hits. Straight stun locked and then I'm a floating ghost. I had to switch to my Temerity pants and spam potions just to keep up a barrier to push through.

Someone on here said that if you purchased the Ultimate edition, you can float that free season pass. If that's true, I will not be using it for S1.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Bro I cannot remember the last time I was so damn passionate about some bullshyt in a game (honesty it might've been Mass Effect 3 ending now that I think about it). I have friends texting me saying that their character is garbage now. I ran a 52 nightmare dungeon with my friend, who is a level 100 Druid, and the damn wolves were DESTROYING me within 4 hits. Straight stun locked and then I'm a floating ghost. I had to switch to my Temerity pants and spam potions just to keep up a barrier to push through.

Someone on here said that if you purchased the Ultimate edition, you can float that free season pass. If that's true, I will not be using it for S1.
You can float it yea. We'll see how Season 3 looks like.

Season 2 will be some bullshyt too since it's probably almost done development and they want to double down on these changes.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah man, it's incredibly disappointing. I think for me, part of what makes me so upset is that huge nerfs like this always feel like they're built around what content creators are doing, while a lot of average players really aren't even playing in that style. No reason for people that are just looking to jump in and knock a couple of dungeons in their free time after work should have to deal with the game feeling so bad.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yeah man, it's incredibly disappointing. I think for me, part of what makes me so upset is that huge nerfs like this always feel like they're built around what content creators are doing, while a lot of average players really aren't even playing in that style. No reason for people that are just looking to jump in and knock a couple of dungeons in their free time after work should have to deal with the game feeling so bad.

Right I'd say I'm pretty casual. I got level 70ish, could clear some of the NMD I should be able to. called it quits after I saw 75-100 was literally a void of nothing until uber lilith and I said I'd go in heavy on s1.

these patch notes took away all desire to bother at all lol.