Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps
So yea I just solo ran a Level 51 Dungeon with my 100 Necro and the damage output was DRASTICALLY less. I'm talking about ~40% less. I'm going to grind out the last two glyphs to level 20 and I'm going to chill for a bit. I might even have to respect my paragon board a little bit. Nevertheless, I'm not sure if I am going to do a character for Season 1. Blizzard pushed a 10gb patch to my machine to basically make the game more grindy and less fun.

Last edited:

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps
I just noticed that they also nerfed the maximum essence on both of my rings. Down from 18 to 14. I live and die off of essence and they removed some from my character........

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree to some extent

If Blizzards idea of balance is that every skill has the same mathematical damage output than yeah at some point they are going to get the lever close enough to right by continuing to fiddle with percentage increases/decreases the way they are. My issue is a lot of the mechanics on some of the under performing skills/builds either suck or feels bad to use which is a bigger issue and more fundamental thing, which percentage changes aren't going to fix. So it really depends on what you consider balance is and what blizzard does.

Agreed on the bolded.

There are plenty of skills that are just there to say they exist at this point. And it seems like Blizzard's ultimate goal is to make sure there's variety of builds being used, but instead of meaningfully buffing the weaker skills, aspects, and enchantments, they just nerfed the stronger ones. That's not going to inspire people to switch up their builds, it's just going to kill enthusiasm. The first 10 or so levels of a new world tier are already a pretty rough experience for a lot of people, but now, it's going to be even worse.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just saw the hearts and I dunno they hyped them shyts up but a lot of them aren't better than just putting in an armor gem. I dunno man this mechanic seems dry as fukk.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
What a shyt patch. Im 10x uninspired to want to play s1 now, and am definitely not purchasing the season pass anymore.
I’m only playing it because I already purchased it with the ultimate bundle.

If it wasn’t for that, I’d uninstall this shyt. Real talk.

I just played a helltide. That shyt is like 100% harder for less drops.

fukking made legion events harder too PLUS made everyone squishy

:dwillhuh:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Man.... Why do these toxic decision makers still get prominent roles in big games.

Like I get wanting to make game more difficult, but why increase the grind!?

Why all of the fukk now do you care about the game being piss easy. Shouldn't that been addressed... Idk... before you launch a game where the campaign is locked to level 50 and won't scale to tier 3 or 4. Wtf....

We get to run through the same dungeon over and over again. Why can't there be a Nightmare Campaign?

So, fukking stupid.

This brand of grindy game has really died off a long time ago and yet these old head developer still try to force this shyt.

I'm all for making the game harder. Make this shyt Dark Souls. I would love it, but don't make it a stupid grindfest that takes the fun out of it.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no issues making a game more difficult. I embrace it and the game is too easy in some respects.

I do have issues with a pattern of balance decisions that seem designed simply just to make people play longer in the hopes that maybe one day they want to drop a couple bucks on a skin. The exp decisions, increasing the cinder cost on mystery chest by almost 100(wtf),etc.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I don’t get it. :gucci:

Checking Reddit and other forums, those MFers are pisssssed :pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

I’ve never seen a game patch this terrible

Every class got gutted.

What the fukk were they thinking? :laff:

mods might as well unpin this thread.

This game is fukking dead, they dropped this bullshyt right before their biggest selling point? :bryan::dead:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I don’t get it. :gucci:

Checking Reddit and other forums, those MFers are pisssssed :pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

I’ve never seen a game patch this terrible

Every class got gutted.

What the fukk were they thinking? :laff:

mods might as well unpin this thread.

This game is fukking dead, they dropped this bullshyt right before their biggest selling point? :bryan::dead:

With them dropping the patch notes in the middle of the work day. I knew it was gonna be bad.

I didn't think it would WOAT bad like they had a Boomer Dev flip the grind on like it's 1999.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
For what it’s worth…even though I’m a tad weaker my rogue is still kicking ass :yeshrug:

But with some of the nerfs I’m discouraged even more to play another class, seems like it might be as good as it gets with rogue

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I get why people are upset but this same thing happens in any game where a handful of builds or items get overused, the dev almost always nerfs them to hell to get under utilized skills, builds, and items used.

Havent read the full notes yet but increases in renown for side quests and dungeons being retroactively applied is a good thing and them nerfing freezing monsters from being able to 1 hit freeze continuously until death is also welcome.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I get why people are upset but this same thing happens in any game where a handful of builds or items get overused, the dev almost always nerfs them to hell to get under utilized skills, builds, and items used.

Havent read the full notes yet but increases in renown for side quests and dungeons being retroactively applied is a good thing and them nerfing freezing monsters from being able to 1 hit freeze continuously until death is also welcome.

I guess it's the way that they did it, and dropping the notes in the middle of the work day was some sucker shyt.

When it came to patching the game. It felt like a lot more issues were ahead of nerfing broken build that a lot of people enjoyed. Especially, there are quite of few bad builds that really need buffs. Especially, when things like resistance is still broken.

Sneaking in grind was some hoe shyt too