Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I get why people are upset but this same thing happens in any game where a handful of builds or items get overused, the dev almost always nerfs them to hell to get under utilized skills, builds, and items used.

Havent read the full notes yet but increases in renown for side quests and dungeons being retroactively applied is a good thing and them nerfing freezing monsters from being able to 1 hit freeze continuously until death is also welcome.

They nerfed everythin though. the same good builds will be the ones used, they'll just be weaker.

Just an objectively trash ass patch.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
  • Drop Rate Adjustments:
    • Increased bonus to drop Ancestral and Sacred items in Nightmare Dungeons from +5% to +10%.
    • Removed a 20% chance to drop an extra equipment item from Elite monsters outside of Nightmare Dungeons and Helltide.
    • Increased chance to drop an extra equipment item from Elite monsters in Nightmare Dungeons and Helltide by +10%.
    • Nightmare Dungeons now have a 50% chance to drop a 2nd Legendary item upon completion.
    • Nightmare Dungeons now give 3 rare items upon completion, up from 1.

I'll take it.

And they didn't touch overpower damage or any of the skills I use for my blood surge build...I might f*ck around and run a necro again in S01.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Havent read the full notes yet but increases in renown for side quests and dungeons being retroactively applied is a good thing and them nerfing freezing monsters from being able to 1 hit freeze continuously until death is also welcome.

True, but at this point, they don't need to freeze you more than once to murk you. :dead:

They dead ass tried to make everyone a glass cannon, but the cannon is kind've just a Saturday night special. :dead:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Cinder drop rate will definitely have to be addressed. Just ran a Helltide and it took almost 45 minutes to get 250 cinders and that was running between events. They definitely don't want you getting more than 1 mystery chest.

I'm not seeing any real difference personally in NM dungeons 3-5 levels higher.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
What a shyt patch. Im 10x uninspired to want to play s1 now, and am definitely not purchasing the season pass anymore.
Thats the goal man. to get you to play more. Dungeons nightmare dont even drop good sht anymore.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Thats the goal man. to get you to play more. Dungeons nightmare dont even drop good sht anymore.
That's really the biggest problem, the item level system is pretty useless especially when you hit level 70. The same gear will have minimum - if that - bump in stats unless it's a weapon. You could reasonably still be running gear that you got at 60 while level 90 and it'd have mostly the same effect outside of you not having enough armor for survivability.

Gear is my biggest question going forward. Monster levels are capped at -5 below your level after the thresholds and sacred and ancesteral drops are tied to level but what about the stat pools and ranges? What's the incentive to push 100 and higher nightmare tiers when the gear doesn't mathup.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
That's really the biggest problem, the item level system is pretty useless especially when you hit level 70. The same gear will have minimum - if that - bump in stats unless it's a weapon. You could reasonably still be running gear that you got at 60 while level 90 and it'd have mostly the same effect outside of you not having enough armor for survivability.

Gear is my biggest question going forward. Monster levels are capped at -5 below your level after the thresholds and sacred and ancesteral drops are tied to level but what about the stat pools and ranges? What's the incentive to push 100 and higher nightmare tiers when the gear doesn't mathup.

Word, once I hit level 70 and could comfortably stomp out mobs I kinda lost the motivation to continue playing outside of maxing renown. I’m mostly satisfied with my gear and build at this point. Only reason I see to continue is for sidegrades and testing out other builds

On the other hand I kind of like that the power of sacred/ancestral gear isn’t heavily influenced by level. Having to replace gear every few levels just because it’s higher level can make it feel like you never get to “settle-in” with a build

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I dont think i wanna play this game anymore. Its not rewarding.
post patch--
- ancestrals legendary do not drop at the same rate
- you get 4 weapon once you complete a dungeon but they all trash
- do not get 800+ weapons at the same rate anymore
- you do not get the same XP anymore

whats the point? At least Bungie changed things in destiny due to people complaining. :francis:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, taking a look at the malignant hearts, they absolutely handed out all those nerfs to account for the bonuses you get from using hearts.

I know balancing a game isn't easy, and they need to find some way to make playing seasons a required activity, but holy fukk, making it awful to play in the eternal realm doesn't seem like the way to do it.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
:picard:

1493240503_7507944930345.gif

Damn a nikka took a break for a couple weeks, ready for Season 1 and Blizz fukks it up AGAIN :snoop:smdh

Why don't they want me to be happy and have fun man :to:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
So, taking a look at the malignant hearts, they absolutely handed out all those nerfs to account for the bonuses you get from using hearts.

I know balancing a game isn't easy, and they need to find some way to make playing seasons a required activity, but holy fukk, making it awful to play in the eternal realm doesn't seem like the way to do it.
The hearts go away after the season ends so...