Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is so bad that it's actually funny.

So, they see that literally every sorcerer build depends on devouring blaze via the firebolt enchantment because it's one of the few ways to get viable damage, so they just nerf that shyt instead of maybe buffing some these busted ass skills. :Dead:

Added a new unique for sorcerers that is fukking useless. Teleporting to a random location each time you dash is going to get you one shot by something, guaranteed. :Dead:

Decided to nerf experience for fighting higher level enemies, then made helltide enemies three levels higher than you instead of two, AND boosted the embers needed for the mystery chest to 250.

I'm so taken aback by how shytty this patch is that I'm actually amused by it.

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps
My Necro intelligence roll dropped from 189 (perfect roll mind you) to 156 on my two handed sword. My vulnerable damage dropped from 51% to 22.5%.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
My Necro intelligence roll dropped from 189 (perfect roll mind you) to 156 on my two handed sword. My vulnerable damage dropped from 51% to 22.5%.
Don't check your armor :unimpressed:
I could take The Butcher before, now they buffed him and nerfed me, got sent to the Shadow Realm. I'm done with this shyte. :unimpressed:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

GotDAMN :huhldup:

That's the type of shyt that makes you want to just log off for a minute.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean there are multiple ways to balance shyt. Buff things up or bring things down. It all ends up in the same place eventually.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently, cinder drops in helltide are down drastically right now, too, but it might be a bug. So, not only do you need more of them to open the mystery chests, but you're getting less of them overall. I think their ultimate goal might legit be for you to be able to open just one chest per helltide. The days of being able to make a run with two mysteries and maybe a couple of armor chests are DONE.

I mean there are multiple ways to balance shyt. Buff things up or bring things down. It all ends up in the same place eventually.

True, but these changes don't really achieve much. The strongest builds are looking like they're still going to be the strongest builds, but everyone just outputs less damage, takes more damage, and gets less XP and less rewards in return.

I'm guessing that a lot of these nerfs are built around advantages that are coming with malignant hearts, but that only helps people playing on the seasonal realm, and will be back to just being flat nerfs when the season ends anyway. And even then, considering that overall incoming damage will be worse, having to give up the extra armor you'd normally get from jewelry sockets to use hearts, it's still not looking great right now.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently, cinder drops in helltide are down drastically right now, too, but it might be a bug. So, not only do you need more of them to open the mystery chests, but you're getting less of them overall. I think their ultimate goal might legit be for you to be able to open just one chest per helltide. The days of being able to make a run with two mysteries and maybe a couple of armor chests are DONE.

True, but these changes don't really achieve much. The strongest builds are looking like they're still going to be the strongest builds, but everyone just outputs less damage, takes more damage, and gets less XP and less rewards in return.

I'm guessing that a lot of these nerfs are built around advantages that are coming with malignant hearts, but that only helps people playing on the seasonal realm, and will be back to just being flat nerfs when the season ends anyway. And even then, considering that overall incoming damage will be worse, having to give up the extra armor you'd normally get from jewelry sockets to use hearts, it's still not looking great right now.

I agree to some extent

If Blizzards idea of balance is that every skill has the same mathematical damage output than yeah at some point they are going to get the lever close enough to right by continuing to fiddle with percentage increases/decreases the way they are. My issue is a lot of the mechanics on some of the under performing skills/builds either suck or feels bad to use which is a bigger issue and more fundamental thing, which percentage changes aren't going to fix. So it really depends on what you consider balance is and what blizzard does.