Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
HC is honestly the only way to play ARPGs imo. Especially considering how you can basically reach max level in a day or two.
Right. I need to feel scared and anxious about my character.

I want to feel like I really lost something if I die.

Can't lie, that shyt hurt, though.

I have an Xbox and I'm sure this will be on game pass at some point. I still pre-ordered this shyt.

I feel no shame that I didn't play these type of games before Minecraft Dungeons opened my eyes to how enjoyable they can be..

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Right. I need to feel scared and anxious about my character.

I want to feel like I really lost something if I die.

Can't lie, that shyt hurt, though.

I have an Xbox and I'm sure this will be on game pass at some point. I still pre-ordered this shyt.

I feel no shame that I didn't play these type of games before Minecraft Dungeons opened my eyes to how enjoyable they can be..
Breh, PoE is one of my all time favorites games. I can't tell you the number of times I've lost characters because that games engine is fukking trash. I had to stop playing it cause I got tired of having to plan a character around the possibility that the engine would fukk me later on. As someone who has lost hundreds of characters across numerous games, it hurts but you learn from your mistakes and go again. To me some of the funnest parts of ARPGs is trying to build a character that suits the playstyle you are looking for while trying to complete the content as efficiently as possible. I have a couple of dead HC characters in D2R and Last Epoch right now:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Breh, PoE is one of my all time favorites games. I can't tell you the number of times I've lost characters because that games engine is fukking trash. I had to stop playing it cause I got tired of having to plan a character around the possibility that the engine would fukk me later on. As someone who has lost hundreds of characters across numerous games, it hurts but you learn from your mistakes and go again. To me some of the funnest parts of ARPGs is trying to build a character that suits the playstyle you are looking for while trying to complete the content as efficiently as possible. I have a couple of dead HC characters in D2R and Last Epoch right now:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Oh, I am no stranger to lost characters.

I'm big on State of Decay 2 and I play on nightmare.

Last week, I legit lost 5 characters when it felt like the game was truly trying to do everything to kill me.

First time I lost so many. I was sick!

I love games with the stakes high!

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Oh, I am no stranger to lost characters.

I'm big on State of Decay 2 and I play on nightmare.

Last week, I legit lost 5 characters when it felt like the game was truly trying to do everything to kill me.

First time I lost so many. I was sick!

I love games with the stakes high!
You don't know pain until you watch your fully geared character fall victim to a doll or soul. It's legit one of the most soul crushing deaths in gaming.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Breh, what the fukk.

How did they get their health drained so fast??
The beauty of HC D2. No matter how geared and leveled you are, you can get absolutely melted if you make one mistake. In the second clip, you can see that he made the absolute worst mistake you can make in hardcore. Temping your fate with not one, not two, but three of the mob types that are most likely to kill your character. You can see him teleport into the pack, it looks like he gets hit by some Souls and immediately loses his mana and health. It looks like he might have had some time to pop a rejuv potion but didn't react quick enough. I honestly would have just quit and spawned a new map. The risk/reward was way too high for that.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yall nikkas nuts with that hardcore shyt. If I was to play a trash ass genre like roguelite Ill play a roguelite :francis:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yall nikkas nuts with that hardcore shyt. If I was to play a trash ass genre like roguelite Ill play a roguelite :francis:
What....you don't think panic attacks are fun? :russ:

Once you survive having your life drained down to the red zone in HC and recover, softcore mode will forever be boring.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
For anyone that played a barb at a high level...how "Tank" like can we get? Can we get resistances high enough to solo HC mode?

I always play HC...but never withe melee. I'm thinking of trying it out for a change this time.

I felt close to dieing when I was playing but I wasn't really an optimal build or anything. I was trying to find what skills would be the most fun. Using Charge and Leap made playing Barbarian very fun. Some elites were chunking me very hard though.

There's a way to make the Barbarian very tanking. The skills work really well to make this happen. I think this is the video I watched showing this.

Here's a link to the talent calculator. You will see theres a lot of spells to make you tanking like challanging shout, ironskin. You also get a thing called fortified. I had a legendary that gave me fortify for every fury I had.

Diablo 4 Barbarian Skill Tree Calculator