Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

Daps
Loot drop rates definitely need to be tweaked for the full release.
Half way through my play through I already had 50% rare gear and the other half was legendary. I’ve never seen that many legendary drops in a few hour period.
My brother on the other hand only had 2 legendary items drop his full playthrough

Devs confirmed that drop rates are inflated for the sake of the beta. Not much point of a testing period for itemization if... the items are so rare that they never drop for anyone during the time it's available. :pachaha:

My opinions as a fan of D2 since childhood and someone who pushed 120+ in D3 GR: Game is mechanically rock solid but that was never going to be a problem with a Blizzard Diablo game; even trash ass Immortal's moment to moment gameplay is good. The potential issues were always going to be A. Monetization via the Battle Pass and whatever other nonsense they got cooking for the full release B. Endgame itemization/progression C. The GAAS open world and seasonal gameplay loops once the campaign ends. All of which this beta was obviously never going to be able to address. From what I've seen so far I would say I'm hopeful but skeptical about D4 going into release.

Storytelling and the overall presentation of the narrative is already 1000x better than D3 (and probably any Diablo game if we're being honest) even with what little has been shown. World seems like it's going to be absolutely massive and the soft MMO elements feel nice but not intrusive (as long as you don't get some trolls spamming voice commands in the hub city like I did :unimpressed:). Increased character customization is good... as long as the season pass bullshyt doesn't gate ALL the good transmogs behind it. The multiple options in the skill tree with choices that have to be made between upgrades and class ultimates look initially promising... but man does this game need more skill slots, on both console and PC. Drop that stupid fukking emote wheel from the D-Pad and let me put the potions and other skills on those, game was so easy not like you ever need them on Necro or Sorc. :mjlol:

And that bring me to my last point, overall class balance. Obviously a beta capped at 25 won't tell you much... but as someone who still ain't forgiven Blizzard for how badly they shafted Wizard for literal years after they nuked that broken Twister build midway through D3's lifecycle... what I've seen from the beta and what I've heard from the devs in response to some of the complaints ain't inspiring any confidence on D4 righting the ship in comparison to 3. I respect all the brehs in here who are enjoying Druid while the "hardcore" theorycrafters and vets been shytting on it... but trust me. Make a Necro or sorc and put points into literally anything and you'll quickly see how sorry the Cocaine bear shapeshifter is in comparison. You basically ain't even playing the game anymore once the Hydras and Skele mages are available for those 2. :dead:Even if shyt balances out or even swings the other way in endgame... the entire point of the base campaign and leveling experience (which is going to be much longer here than any other Diablo game considering the max level is now 100) is to sell the class and make it feel engaging and fun so you'll actually want to spend those hours grinding for the perfect gear/build in the end. Blizzard saying the Barb and Druid purposefully are supposed to feel weaker here cause they're designed to be stronger at the higher levels and with proper gear in every slot ain't an excuse.... cause ain't nobody keeping any gear or deciding on a final skill build while leveling in the first place! :snoop: Hopefully they'll come around and even the playing field a bit for final release.

There's arguably no more influential franchise on the modern gaming landscape than Diablo, so for the sake of the industry as a whole I'm hoping they don't fukk this up. Even if it's not re-inventing the wheel like D1 and 2 did, gaming is more fun when Diablo is cooking and others are taking notes and learning from it. Let's hope those notes and inspiration comes from D4's gameplay, and not some unprecedented predatory monetization like it was for Immortal...:francis:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Loot drop rates definitely need to be tweaked for the full release.
Half way through my play through I already had 50% rare gear and the other half was legendary. I’ve never seen that many legendary drops in a few hour period.
My brother on the other hand only had 2 legendary items drop his full playthrough
Devs said legendaries were turned up 3x their normal drop rate

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Why are ppl complaining about Druid's power. This shyt is a breeze with Druid, spec werewolf poison and earth for survivability and the game is too eaze.

Just cuz Necro is broken doesn't mean Druid sucks. I had to make a minionless Necro to make the game challenging.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Why are ppl complaining about Druid's power. This shyt is a breeze with Druid, spec werewolf poison and earth for survivability and the game is too eaze.

Just cuz Necro is broken doesn't mean Druid sucks. I had to make a minionless Necro to make the game challenging.
From what I have seen/read, the complaints are that Druid and Barb are nerfed due to the limitations of the beta whereas the other classes don't suffer that fate. They are also the two specs that are primarily melee so by definition they are going to feel weaker at the early levels.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Got to level 23
Beta was great. Must have gotten lucky because I never had a queue take longer than a few seconds.
Excited for the full game to drop.
Game has elements from d2 and d3 but leans more towards d3.
I can see hardcore fans of d2 hating this one as well.
I love the direction overall.

Stayed up till 2 last night not paying attention. Glad I'm not a D2 stan cause this is fire.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I made a barbarian went full unga bunga and was squashing everybody with the weapons. :whoo:

Finally got around to trying the beta last night. I've never been a fan of the Barbarian class, but the 2 hours or so I played last night was the most fun I've ever had with a Barbarian/Warrior/Pure melee type build in the Diablo franchise.

Just lunging/whirlwinding with the low level skills was great.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
From what I have seen/read, the complaints are that Druid and Barb are nerfed due to the limitations of the beta whereas the other classes don't suffer that fate. They are also the two specs that are primarily melee so by definition they are going to feel weaker at the early levels.
The game is made for casting/range classes

Half the enemies run away and all the elites have the poison pool that you have to run out of.

So slow ass barb and Druid chasing a bunch of shyt then have to run away when the poison pools drop. While the casting classes are doing dps the whole time

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The game is made for casting/range classes

Half the enemies run away and all the elites have the poison pool that you have to run out of.

So slow ass barb and Druid chasing a bunch of shyt then have to run away when the poison pools drop. While the casting classes are doing dps the whole time

:youngsabo:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
For anyone that played a barb at a high level...how "Tank" like can we get? Can we get resistances high enough to solo HC mode?

I always play HC...but never withe melee. I'm thinking of trying it out for a change this time.