Diablo 2 Resurrected

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Pissed this doesn’t have cross play. Still a day one cop for me though. I just might have to cop for Xbox and PlayStation unfortunately
Its stupid. I predict with the matchmaking system the console populations gonna be dead in a year cuz of this

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Ok I'm KINDA interested in copping but leaning towards no..but maybe someone can sway me

I only played diablo 3 on pc years ago and liked it but was really turned off when they let you sell items for real $$ so I quit

Is this game the same? Can u just get the best weapons by charging a credit card?

And what are the graphics like... videos I seen they look shytty at least worse than d3..I don't really want to play a game with bad graphics

Lastly should I cop on ps5 or pc

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ok I'm KINDA interested in copping but leaning towards no..but maybe someone can sway me

I only played diablo 3 on pc years ago and liked it but was really turned off when they let you sell items for real $$ so I quit

Is this game the same? Can u just get the best weapons by charging a credit card?

And what are the graphics like... videos I seen they look shytty at least worse than d3..I don't really want to play a game with bad graphics

The only way to buy items is on 3rd party websites from players. D2 was from a time before scummy micro transactions n loot boxes.

the graphics aint gonna wow you, but they’re a big upgrade over the original.

get it on pc. Consoles have No lobbys, no mouse n keyboard support. D2 been a pc community thing for 21 years. Since the game aint crossplay, plus the no lobbies thing, pc gonna be the spot if multiplayer your thing.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

The only way to buy items is on 3rd party websites from players. D2 was from a time before scummy micro transactions n loot boxes.

the graphics aint gonna wow you, but they’re a big upgrade over the original.

get it on pc. Consoles have No lobbys, no mouse n keyboard support. D2 been a pc community thing for 21 years. Since the game aint crossplay, plus the no lobbies thing, pc gonna be the spot if multiplayer your thing.

The way it ended up working was that certain items (e.g., rare items that only took up one inventory slot) ended up being used by players as a form of currency to trade for items. Early on in the game, there was a high end ring called "Stone of Jordan" that the community settled on to use as currency for player to player trades for high end items. So, back then you could trade a certain number of SoJ rings for high end weapons. Later on, after the expansion pack came out, people started using certain rare items called Runes as currency. So, there were message board threads on the official Blizzard site with people listing high end items for sale, with prices in "high runes".

Unfortunately, with all the hacking going on back then, a large portion of the SoJ's and High Runes used as currency were hacked/duplicated items. And, of course, people found ways to arrange real money trades (outside of the official game system) to trade items. Sometimes, high end items (e.g. Legendary Windforce bows) would end up on eBay for hundreds of REAL dollars. So, even thought there was no legitimate in-game way to "get the best weapons by charging a credit card", the game didn't really have a way to prevent players from making that happen outside of the game.

Torenko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central
Just learned that this doesn't have a personal loot system, meaning people can grab anything that drops. Not good news when I only have randoms to play with :francis: