Diablo 2 Resurrected

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Serious question for you pompous Diablo brehs, what separates these ARPGs apart from MMORPGs like WoW? Aside from the huge online community, it seems to be the same shyt. Don't get me wrong, there are some dope MMORPGs, I played RuneScape for like a decade and Perfect World for a little while amongst others, but Im not so sure I'm into these type of games anymore. Maybe I will cancel the pre-order and leave y'all lil thread alone :patrice:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Serious question for you pompous Diablo brehs, what separates these ARPGs apart from MMORPGs like WoW? Aside from the huge online community, it seems to be the same shyt. Don't get me wrong, there are some dope MMORPGs, I played RuneScape for like a decade and Perfect World for a little while amongst others, but Im not so sure I'm into these type of games anymore. Maybe I will cancel the pre-order and leave y'all lil thread alone :patrice:
Never played WoW so I can't speak on it. The fact that you keep comparing D2 to games that are not similar to it tells me that you probably should just cancel your preorder to avoid disappointment. New World is coming out, maybe that's more you style:yeshrug:

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

As someone who used to play a lot of wow and just got into Action rpg’s last year I can speak from my pov . The draw to these type games to me was the single player aspect . The fact that you can start from scratch and build different classes and builds with items to chase etc is fun to me …I got into these games playing Diablo 3 and use the new seasons start a new class / build and push maps until I get bored. I also enjoy Minecraft dungeons it’s similar but different enough to change it up and enjoy playing .. D2 beta was lots of fun to me and I can see myself running the game a few times with different class/ builds before I get bored .

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston

Those two games are not similar at all. Diablo is much more similar to Borderlands. Singleplayer player action adventure game where you grow in power through items and abilities.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Western RPGs are my favorite genre. However I need more to my games than fetch quests and new powers. That's literally all there is to this game. For it to be talked about as a classic I assumed there would be more to it. I enjoyed the couple hours I played the beta because I thought there were be more, but D3 is making me realize there probably won't be

D2 is all about item hunting, and item TRADING.

Unlike games like D3, there was unlimited item trading in D2...so at a high level I spent almost at much time on websites arranging item swaps (e.g. trade a 3 socket elite armor for a particular rune I need to complete a rune word).

You also learn which maps to run over and over if you are looking for a particular drop. So, if you're looking for a rune, you might just run the Act 1 Countess map over... and over...and over

On paper, it might sound boring, until you realize what you're doing:
It's basically a slot machine at that point.
Your pulling the same lever over and over hoping to hit that Video Poker Royal Flush and find a ZOD rune or something.

Plus, Hardcore in D2 is like ULTRA Hardcore. Fighting Duriel in HC Nightmare mode used to give me panic attacks when I got frozen and hit with a charge.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
D2 is all about item hunting, and item TRADING.

Unlike games like D3, there was unlimited item trading in D2...so at a high level I spent almost at much time on websites arranging item swaps (e.g. trade a 3 socket elite armor for a particular rune I need to complete a rune word).

You also learn which maps to run over and over if you are looking for a particular drop. So, if you're looking for a rune, you might just run the Act 1 Countess map over... and over...and over

On paper, it might sound boring, until you realize what you're doing:
It's basically a slot machine at that point.
Your pulling the same lever over and over hoping to hit that Video Poker Royal Flush and find a ZOD rune or something.

Plus, Hardcore in D2 is like ULTRA Hardcore. Fighting Duriel in HC Nightmare mode used to give me panic attacks when I got frozen and hit with a charge.
Sounds terrible.

Microsoft jewed me and wouldn't let me cancel my pre-order, so I guess I'm in :beli:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Diablo 2 you can kill 1000 mobs in 2 minutes
WoW you can kill 1000 mobs in 10 hours..

much faster paced. Items also drop a more rapid rate and can have different attributes even though its the same kind of base item.

also each game you join is unique ID, max 8 players in a game, while theirs a few WoW servers thath ave 20,000+ people per server (maybe not on at same time obviously)

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Bump, played the beta last night on a whim because I haven't played any Diablo game beforehand.

shyt is crack rock, straight drop :wow: this is the first time ever in my life I missed out on a bonafide classic videogame and it was brought back in 4K glory with updated mechanics. Like honestly I have no regrets missing out when it initially launched because now it's revamped in a way it feels fresh and the experience is wild enjoyable.

Kinda salty my beta progress won't carry over but at least I'm learning the mechanics n classes n shyt now so next month when the game drops I'll be ready to fukk shyt up.

This will be my first video game purchased at full price since Fallout 4.

Well done Blizzard, now take my fukkin money.

You never played Diablo before the beta :picard:...

Breh... :wow:

The first two acts barely cover shyt....

:wow:

You haven't seen a damn thing yet... :wow:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
So I pre-ordered the most expensive D2R there was and it came with Diablo 3 so I'm playing that while I wait. The graphics are nice but I just beat Act 1 and the second act seems like more of the same with different scenery, getting hella repetitive. Is Diablo 2 way better than 3 because the gameplay of 3 got me second guessing my order :patrice: and @DPresidential was right I put it on the hardest difficulty and this shyt still easy as fukk

Diablo 3 sucks dikkballs.

I can't explain why... it just didn't have the it that made Diablo II so fukking fun.

For perspective, I've probably played Diablo 2 for over 2000 hours. Diablo 3, I quit after about 60.