Diablo 2 Resurrected

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I assume the console version will be fine by launch. Personally I will be getting the PC version when the game launches. Genuinely curious how this plays out for blizzard.
after Warcraft 3 Reforged, all bets are off:francis:

please respect Diablo 2 blizz.:mjcry:

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
I played both the PC and ps5 version. I was shocked how well it played on the 5. Not perfect but damn well..
Can't wait till this piff launch.

:feedme:

l3lackstarr

In my observatory
Daps
Reppin
Alpha-Centauri
Gonna get this..but probably let it simmer a bit. Want to see how everyone (who played it long ago) feels about it :patrice:. Only played D2 a very VERY little bit, so this is my chance to hop in and experience it fully, with a new coat of paint lol

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is why I don't want them to make any changes. I don't trust them not to fukk it up:francis:
these a$$holes really made me go look for the cd for warcraft 3 after they fukked up the client with reforged. not only did you ruin the remaster but you fukked it up for people that aint purchase the so called upgrade?!

gimme 90's blizz back when every release was seal of quality golden. used to be my fave publisher:mjcry:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gonna get this..but probably let it simmer a bit. Want to see how everyone (who played it long ago) feels about it :patrice:. Only played D2 a very VERY little bit, so this is my chance to hop in and experience it fully, with a new coat of paint lol
I played the pc beta(and the shytty xbox beta:mjlol: )

been playin d2 on n off for 2 decades, so i guess id count as somebody who played it long ago. Its basically same old d2 but on dedicated servers, no item duping, a shared stash so no more need for mule characters, n a more modern graphical look that respects the artstyle of the original. Unless they fukk up the launch, goin off the beta it’s straight. Get it on pc tho, not console.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
So I pre-ordered the most expensive D2R there was and it came with Diablo 3 so I'm playing that while I wait. The graphics are nice but I just beat Act 1 and the second act seems like more of the same with different scenery, getting hella repetitive. Is Diablo 2 way better than 3 because the gameplay of 3 got me second guessing my order :patrice: and @DPresidential was right I put it on the hardest difficulty and this shyt still easy as fukk

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
So I pre-ordered the most expensive D2R there was and it came with Diablo 3 so I'm playing that while I wait. The graphics are nice but I just beat Act 1 and the second act seems like more of the same with different scenery, getting hella repetitive. Is Diablo 2 way better than 3 because the gameplay of 3 got me second guessing my order :patrice: and @DPresidential was right I put it on the hardest difficulty and this shyt still easy as fukk
Have you ever played an ARPG before? That's how ARPGs are. You might want to cancel your preorder(not sure why you pre-ordered it to begin with) cause if you think D3 is repetitive, you're going to hate D2. You literally play through the whole campaign 3 times (normal, nightmare, hell):russ:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Have you ever played an ARPG before? That's how ARPGs are. You might want to cancel your preorder(not sure why you pre-ordered it to begin with) cause if you think D3 is repetitive, you're going to hate D2. You literally play through the whole campaign 3 times (normal, nightmare, hell):russ:

Western RPGs are my favorite genre. However I need more to my games than fetch quests and new powers. That's literally all there is to this game. For it to be talked about as a classic I assumed there would be more to it. I enjoyed the couple hours I played the beta because I thought there were be more, but D3 is making me realize there probably won't be

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Western RPGs are my favorite genre. However I need more to my games than fetch quests and new powers. That's literally all there is to this game. For it to be talked about as a classic I assumed there would be more to it. I enjoyed the couple hours I played the beta because I thought there were be more, but D3 is making me realize there probably won't be
I said ARPG not WRPG. They are not the same thing. I asked if you ever played an ARPG because your complaint is basically what the genre is. ARPG like Diablo are exactly what you are experiencing, killings things to level up to get better gear to get stronger to kill more things. Repeat. D2 is a classic because it can be argued that it's still the definitive ARPG(PoE is close but the engine is absolute trash). And yeah if you feel like D3 is repetitive and not fun, you'll hate D2.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps

D3 is the weakest of the Diablo series. Don't base ur experience off that.
Wait for the d2r piff breh

:takedat:

Shiit I took the Friday off work 2 fukk around and play like I was 12 all over again.

:yeshrug:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I said ARPG not WRPG. They are not the same thing. I asked if you ever played an ARPG because your complaint is basically what the genre is. ARPG like Diablo are exactly what you are experiencing, killings things to level up to get better gear to get stronger to kill more things. Repeat. D2 is a classic because it can be argued that it's still the definitive ARPG(PoE is close but the engine is absolute trash). And yeah if you feel like D3 is repetitive and not fun, you'll hate D2.

You could technically just boil down Skyrim to that same formula, except the story is engaging and very well written. I could give a damn about Deckard Cain and his bullshyt niece. Maybe if they put just a little bit more effort into the story I'd be engaged but it just seems so cookie cutter. Plus I've figured out how to pretty much never lose health based on my abilities/gear setup (I chose wizard because I love magic, mages are the shyt I pick them in every rpg possible) so I haven't even changed my abilities in like 7 levels now. I mean I could just to make it more challenging, but, I mean, I shouldn't have to. How the fukk I outsmart the game on the hardest difficulty allowed in the first Act:hhh:

Granted I died a couple times in D2R so Ima just hold out hope that they just took a step backwards with D3