Developers are trash talking the Series S at Gamescom

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Starfield’s performance on the S is going to either prove or disprove a lot of the concern trolling we’re seeing and shine a light on which dev is being honest or not on what is possible on the series s.

I agree that Starfield is going to be a real test if what the Series S is actual capable of in the long run, but I disagree with the idea that it'll ultimately prove who's bullshytting about what or isn't possible. Starfield spent a significant portion of its active development time as an XBox exclusive, so realistically speaking, they'll have had more time to get this right that most other games will, by nature of what platforms the game is designed for.

I'm thinking what most likely happens is what people probably should've expected all along, which is that XBox first party games end up being far better at handling the X/S split than third party games are, even when they're exclusive.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And you have precisely 0 posts in the BG3 thread since the last time you came on here talmbout series S :ehh:
What nikkas need to keep a digital diary to play a game now?

Act 3 just reached house of hope. Where you at?

jeezy.jpg

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Naw, you don’t need anything.

It’s clear you “care” more about series s playing the game than playing the game yourself.:ehh:
150+ hrs on steam says different. But whatever makes you feel better. Coping mechanisms differ from person to person and I have no reason to discount yours.

Godspeed

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree that Starfield is going to be a real test if what the Series S is actual capable of in the long run, but I disagree with the idea that it'll ultimately prove who's bullshytting about what or isn't possible. Starfield spent a significant portion of its active development time as an XBox exclusive, so realistically speaking, they'll have had more time to get this right that most other games will, by nature of what platforms the game is designed for.

I'm thinking what most likely happens is what people probably should've expected all along, which is that XBox first party games end up being far better at handling the X/S split than third party games are, even when they're exclusive.
It’s just time.

Some devs don’t have the resources to drop on all platforms at once, so they concentrate on the most popular platforms first.

This has always been the case. Series S getting blame for something that’s existed since forever.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I know. That doesn't change the fact there are numerous games that, for example, have ray tracing on the x but not the s
There are numerous games that have features only on series x and not s lol. Including first and third party games
WAIT..........thsi nikka just parroting what Phil Spencer said yesterday :mjlol: @Gizmo_Duck

I don't see a world where we drop S. In terms of parity, I don't think you've heard from us or Larian, that this was about parity. I think that's more that the community is talking about it. There are features that ship on X today that do not ship on S, even from our own games, like ray-tracing that works on X, it's not on S in certain games. So for an S customer, they spent roughly half what the X customer bought, they understand that it's not going to run the same way.

Im thinking Rem really know what he talking about with this parity stuff, but he just repeating Phil.

Phil also lied in that statement saying "it's more of the community and Larian didnt say it's parity"

This is Larian's Director of Publishing saying this.
eAeCLs4.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
WAIT..........thsi nikka just parroting what Phil Spencer said yesterday :mjlol: @Gizmo_Duck

Im thinking Rem really know what he talking about with this parity stuff, but he just repeating Phil.

Phil also lied in that statement saying "it's more of the community and Larian didnt say it's parity"

This is a Larian worker
eAeCLs4.png

Yeah, that was a blatant lie. Phil got caught red handed in.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s just time.

Some devs don’t have the resources to drop on all platforms at once, so they concentrate on the most popular platforms first.

This has always been the case. Series S getting blame for something that’s existed since forever.
Name some games that haven't dropped on current gen systems at the same time (no timed exclusives/previous gen titles). Bet most of the titles you list are due to inferior hardware reasons (i.e switch)

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tell them nikkas to stop bytchin:unimpressed:

They can't even get their PC ports to run right.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati

This is Larian's Director of Publishing saying this.
eAeCLs4.png

Bro, I have a series x. One of my friends have a s. I've known about the differences since they released. Hell, there's a chance I said this before today when discussing the game.