Developers are trash talking the Series S at Gamescom

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know, I've been playing on my SteamDeck since release.
Just goes to show, this whole thing is some manufactured nonsense by sony stan’s on twitter.

Steam deck: weak system, needs extra optimization, can’t even play some AAA games= Amazing machine everybody loves it. Devs can’t wait to put their games on it.

Series S: Actually plays games the deck can’t and all at better spec= Terrible machine, shouldn’t exist, everybody hates it.

Sony stan’s :mjlol:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:ehh: I guess those tools the xbox Stans would fix all these problems were never delivered

what a garbage ass company

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ill let windowscentral.............a xbox/microsoft focused site breakdown the parity clause stuff since some xbrehs in here seems to be trying to handwave it away

Oh shyt.........I aint know Halo and Forza wont have splitscreen? Could the series S be to blame for that as well? :ohhh:
Maybe that's why Microsoft caved for Larian? MS knows first hand splitscreen cant be down on the S? :ohhh:
Xbrehs can you chime in on this? Do some other current gen games have split screen on the S?

Windowscentral are bias cacs though :mjgrin:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Just goes to show, this whole thing is some manufactured nonsense by sony stan’s on twitter.

Steam deck: weak system, needs extra optimization, can’t even play some AAA games= Amazing machine everybody loves it. Devs can’t wait to put their games on it.

Series S: Actually plays games the deck can’t and all at better spec= Terrible machine, shouldn’t exist, everybody hates it.

:umad:When we find a better Proton, the game will run at a steady 40FPS.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Ill let windowscentral.............a xbox/microsoft focused site breakdown the parity clause stuff since some xbrehs in here seems to be trying to handwave it away

Oh shyt.........I aint know Halo and Forza wont have splitscreen? Could the series S be to blame for that as well? :ohhh:
Maybe that's why Microsoft caved for Larian? MS knows first hand splitscreen cant be down on the S? :ohhh:
Xbrehs can you chime in on this? Do some other current gen games have split screen on the S?

Halo Infinite didn't have split screen because of the original Xbox one.

Forza was never going to have split screen according to Spencer

Borderlands 3, tiny Tina, gears of war 5, battlefront 2 etc. Pretty much every current gen game with split screen besides BG3

But I know you're being disingenuous

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Now we got “Split screen” stans :ohlawd:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Classic goal post moving.

You got it though champ, reality be damned.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

lol at you thinking the delusional, not rational Xbrehs, care. :mjlol:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Explain to me as a breh that thought about copping a next gen console, but decided to just stay PC gang, how the Series S holding the industry back? I'm one of those smooth brained marsupials that thought the series S is just a 1080p console :picard:

Rather than just cut RAM, Series S also has its hardware slower and gimped. You have to do extra optimizing rather than being just a 1080p variant as envisioned.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
There are numerous games that have features only on series x and not s lol. Including first and third party games
You have a studio in Larian straight up saying they werent allowed to release their game on Xbox because they couldnt get a feature to work on S.
eAeCLs4.png

"We cant remove the splitscreen feature because we are obliged to launch with feature parity"

Idk why yall trying to act like the parity shyt wasnt/isnt an hinderance. I will take the word of a dev actually working with MS than some xbreh trying to save face. If they parity shyt wasnt an issue, the BG3 shyt wouldnt have been a big deal.