Detroit Lions hire Saints TE Coach Dan Campbell

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm of the mindset that Brad Holmes has had one of the best three year stretches ever for a general manager. He did what Dame Dash couldn't do and that's make another Hov in moving from Hockenson to LaPorta in addition to all of the other picks he's made. Dan Campbell still gets in his way at times but we are so talented now, we can overcome miscues that would have killed us in the past.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm of the mindset that Brad Holmes has had one of the best three year stretches ever for a general manager. He did what Dame Dash couldn't do and that's make another Hov in moving from Hockenson to LaPorta in addition to all of the other picks he's made. Dan Campbell still gets in his way at times but we are so talented now, we can overcome miscues that would have killed us in the past.
Holmes is #1 on the totem pole but they aren't in the NFC Championship Game is Campbell is a bum head coach. The culture he's established is real.

Holmes has already earned a lifetime contract as far as I'm concerned though.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Holmes is #1 on the totem pole but they aren't in the NFC Championship Game is Campbell is a bum head coach. The culture he's established is real.

Holmes has already earned a lifetime contract as far as I'm concerned though.

I agree. The thing about Campbell is he’s really smart and dedicated to player development. Drafting good players is important but you need a coaching staff capable of teaching them and getting them reps. These guys get better year to year. Even guys who started out shaky end up making plays later. That’s certainly about talent evaluation but coaching plays a huge role too.

You can also tell these guys go into the off-season with clear goals on how to get better because Holmes and Campbell are so honest with guys. These rookies will be even better next season. They’re gonna be working. You know who won’t be working this off-season? Jalen Carter.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Calling it now. Lions won’t win more than 10-12 games total in the 3 years he’ll be HC. The interview process for him had to have been a formality instead of something taken seriously
I'll eat crow. Did way better than I thought he would. Still surprised how many brothas he's given a coaching shot being an Aggie and all

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I agree. The thing about Campbell is he’s really smart and dedicated to player development. Drafting good players is important but you need a coaching staff capable of teaching them and getting them reps. These guys get better year to year. Even guys who started out shaky end up making plays later. That’s certainly about talent evaluation but coaching plays a huge role too.

You can also tell these guys go into the off-season with clear goals on how to get better because Holmes and Campbell are so honest with guys. These rookies will be even better next season. They’re gonna be working. You know who won’t be working this off-season? Jalen Carter.
Dan Gamble would have motivated Carter. His work ethic is contagious.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
One of them came. Tore his pectoral and rushed to get back in an irregular amount of time to play for that leader of men. He came back early.
CJGJ signed a one tear deal. He had to show he was back to get his payday this offseason

Dan Gamble would have motivated Carter. His work ethic is contagious.
They benched and then cut Buggs for being lazy/out of shape apparently

King Poetic

The Monkey in the Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
With Campbell u need to see if he doesn’t make any boneheaded decisions that could back fire against a good team like San Francisco

Don’t try to fake punt at your own 20

Don’t go for 2 when u get a penalty and get pushed back to the 10 yard line