Detroit community activist calls out behavior/mindset that led to mass shooting on 7/7/24

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
You're too old to be playing move the goalposts games in thread about deaths and shootings. Don't you think?
Whatever that mean. I'm just asking you why u think that's the reason why the homicides was that low. Do you even have a reason why you believe that.

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
These young nikkas in the city got too infatuated with that Chicago shyt.. Obviously it's always been shyt here, but the culture shifted like a muthafukka once all that Chiraq shyt became prominent. These nikkas lost, gone is the days of money being the main reasoning behind the BS, these nikkas beefing over social media posts and stories now.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
It's true that black men have self hating tendencies driving the violence in part, but the underlying problem is still the loss of meaningful blue collar work.

All the Conflict resolution skills and shaming tactics in the world aren't going to stop poor people from fighting over resources. He's in Detroit, he ought to understand this.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
These young nikkas in the city got too infatuated with that Chicago shyt.. Obviously it's always been shyt here, but the culture shifted like a muthafukka once all that Chiraq shyt became prominent. These nikkas lost, gone is the days of money being the main reasoning behind the BS, these nikkas beefing over social media posts and stories now.
yep nikkaz it's like these nikkaz respect bodies over money :why:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the best speeches in recent memory. He even addressed Coli brehs: “This is the number one issue in our community. It ain’t white supremacy. It ain’t just poverty. The number one issue is the byproduct of all of that and that is violence.”

Last edited:

I_Q

All Star
Daps
Same shyt with Jacksonville we use to be strictly party music now it's smoking a 1 dead nikka minimum

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Same shyt with Jacksonville we use to be strictly party music now it's smoking a 1 dead nikka minimum

Hate to see it bro. fukked up part is I can't even be on no hypocrite shyt, I be into the lore of a lot of this shyt kinda deep myself, but I'm also knocking on 40 and ain't out here being influenced by these lil dumb asses. shyt just be like a bad car wreck, hard to not pay attention.

vino

Superstar
Daps
When bruh said "We can't depend on the police..." around 3:42 that cops face had me fukking dead :dead:

But he's spitting. This is exactly why I refuse to move back to where I was born and raised because the negros out there making babies with women and leaving them for dead is not where I want my children to be around.

It has been infinitely easier to raise my son in a mostly white neighborhood while instilling racial pride into him than putting him in a dangerous situation. Some of yall will be mad at this but I don't give a fukk, it is what it is.

Black men in these neighborhoods need to step up and do better like he said or else it will be over for good. And I honestly fear we've already reached that point. We're going to reach a point where men like him are going to be too old to carry the torch and he will have no one to pass it to.

There are predominantly Black neighborhoods/cities in Michigan that are not Dangerous. You are brainwashed to believe that white neighborhoods are the only options for safety.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What you want us to do, this is another unfortunate situation that goes on across America. Another topic for the coli to discuss. We got a gun and gang problem. Only thing I can see that might have had a chance to prevent this is shut this party down at 12.
We all just have different views about Black people dying. Throws me off to see grinning and jokes in discussions about that.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It's true that black men have self hating tendencies driving the violence in part, but the underlying problem is still the loss of meaningful blue collar work.

That goes back to one of the factors he mentioned, though. Fatherlessness.

Blue collar employment routes dried up in that metro area over 30 years ago. Young men don't have fathers to give them counseling/grooming as they go through school about what opportunities they have available to them, and how to go about preparing for them.

All the Conflict resolution skills and shaming tactics in the world aren't going to stop poor people from fighting over resources. He's in Detroit, he ought to understand this.

I'm certain that he and the rest of the community leaders on that stage work with kids and try to steer them towards gainful employment or business creation opportunities.

He talks about writing letters to judges, POs, parole boards so that points to him continuing to support dudes who either made mistakes or chose street life. He didn't give up on them.