Detroit community activist calls out behavior/mindset that led to mass shooting on 7/7/24

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
There are predominantly Black neighborhoods/cities in Michigan that are not Dangerous. You are brainwashed to believe that white neighborhoods are the only options for safety.
Curious to ask exactly what cities you are referring to

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
This was a fiery and well intentioned speech. However it sounded like a speech that would’ve been excellent in the 90s and early 2000s. However the situation is different and has evolved .

Even the comments in here …it’s focused on two populations black boys and black men . This isn’t just a black boy/man issue . Black women and girls are causing just as much mayhem as the boys are . Continuing to ignore that issue will just exacerbate the issues .Right now you have a epidemic of young people that are lost,angry and sensitive..that’s a dangerous combination when you combine that with the other stuff that comes with living in the hood .

I know for a fact that area has many good young people that want to do the right thing. There are kids volunteering to build social clubs to provide young people an escape for the summer . Those clubs /gatherings don’t bring the goofy shyt that the ratchet environments bring so they don’t get the same community attention .
They see that the adults are full shyt and so they don’t view anything as sacred or respect authority . As a dude in my 20’s it’s hard to respect old nikkas and even black leadership world wide, and then they wanna pull rank when you call out foolishness. Hard to respect someone who’s supposed to be my example when they more ignorant than me and then wanna pull the elder card. Ain’t nothing to show for it. Just us inheriting more bullshyt. If the example you’re supposed to grow into ain’t shyt then you become nihilistic. You stare into oblivion

Last edited: