Detroit community activist calls out behavior/mindset that led to mass shooting on 7/7/24

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think you need to take a step back and realize some people just flat out don't care. Whether it's cool or looked at as cool is besides the point
Sure and some people are just depraved and hopeless as well.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
In theory I agree, but let’s be real, are they moving like that in 2024? Back in the day some did.

If crips/bloods/VLs/GDs, etc. started targeting racist cops and pumping drugs in white neighborhoods exclusively, I’d seriously be willing to put money on every gang member’s commissary when they get locked up.

I mean they’re willing to crash out on each other because they feel hopeless, why not take the suicide bomber approach and crash out on the people who contributed to that hopeless feeling?

But they’re not.
Fasho. I came up around a lot of them types and some of my closet friends are the proper type of savages. Responding to something someone did to you is mandatory. Aim that shyt in the direction of the folks who created this madness.

nikkas gotta start moving how you and your folks move when @The Burger King crosses paths with @Ronald McDonald

mag357

Superstar
Daps
It's not Black men that's the issue. The root cause is child abuse/neglect, but the culprits are why we'll never address it.

They degrade and abuse those boys from the moment they're born and destroy their pride and self-image. Combine that with the non-stop anti-Black propaganda we now view as "the culture" being made to look like the only way Black men can succeed, and you get the current situation.

They project their own lack of self-love onto every other Black person and don't think our lives have value which is why they're so quick to kill another Black person. But all that happens from constantly tearing down and dehumanizing Black boys/men. We all know who makes these little boys who grow into dysfunctional men have so much self-hatred, but we just let them continue painting themselves as the eternal victim :yeshrug:

Nothing more needs to be said

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Fixed is a term used in spaces where people talk for a living. In the real world, people take steps to help reduce/lessen the rate that violent incidents occur.
That city had 50+ year low in homicides last year. Directly due to the efforts of the people to reduce violence.
How sure u is about that? Asking as a Detroit native

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
How sure u is about that? Asking as a Detroit native
72100984007-detroit-homicides-2023.JPG

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Lets be real

yall could name just about anything and call it the "#1 reason why this is happening"... and you'd be right

we are COOKED as a community. All you can really do is look out for your immediate family. Maybe try and plant some positive seeds here and there and hope they sprout into something worthwhile.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Lets be real

yall could name just about anything and call it the "#1 reason why this is happening"... and you'd be right

we are COOKED as a community. All you can really do is look out for your immediate family. Maybe try and plant some positive seeds here and there and hope they sprout into something worthwhile.

Do you dumb ficks read books?

We are in the state we are in because of systematic white supremacy period!!

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
This was a fiery and well intentioned speech. However it sounded like a speech that would’ve been excellent in the 90s and early 2000s. However the situation is different and has evolved .

Even the comments in here …it’s focused on two populations black boys and black men . This isn’t just a black boy/man issue . Black women and girls are causing just as much mayhem as the boys are . Continuing to ignore that issue will just exacerbate the issues .Right now you have a epidemic of young people that are lost,angry and sensitive..that’s a dangerous combination when you combine that with the other stuff that comes with living in the hood .

I know for a fact that area has many good young people that want to do the right thing. There are kids volunteering to build social clubs to provide young people an escape for the summer . Those clubs /gatherings don’t bring the goofy shyt that the ratchet environments bring so they don’t get the same community attention .

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This was a fiery and well intentioned speech. However it sounded like a speech that would’ve been excellent in the 90s and early 2000s. However the situation is different and has evolved .

Even the comments in here …it’s focused on two populations black boys and black men . This isn’t just a black boy/man issue . Black women and girls are causing just as much mayhem as the boys are . Continuing to ignore that issue will just exacerbate the issues .Right now you have a epidemic of young people that are lost,angry and sensitive..that’s a dangerous combination when you combine that with the other stuff that comes with living in the hood .

I know for a fact that area has many good young people that want to do the right thing. There are kids volunteering to build social clubs to provide young people an escape for the summer . Those clubs /gatherings don’t bring the goofy shyt that the ratchet environments bring so they don’t get the same community attention .

until this is addressed nothing would change

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
72100984007-detroit-homicides-2023.JPG

I know about that I'm saying your reason for believing it happen

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Fixed is a term used in spaces where people talk for a living. In the real world, people take steps to help reduce/lessen the rate that violent incidents occur.
That city had 50+ year low in homicides last year. Directly due to the efforts of the people to reduce violence.
It's not directly due to that but I'ma let u cook

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
*7 minutes long

Not sure of his name, a member from Detroit might be able to tell us. But the Mayor and Police chief just wrapped up a press conference that updated details of the shooting. This gentleman was there and started speaking after the County prosecutor.

There's a thread about the mass shooting, but as is usually the case, there are jokes and smilies in it. Even though two people were killed, and 19 others shot.

What you want us to do, this is another unfortunate situation that goes on across America. Another topic for the coli to discuss. We got a gun and gang problem. Only thing I can see that might have had a chance to prevent this is shut this party down at 12.