Detroit community activist calls out behavior/mindset that led to mass shooting on 7/7/24

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Black man, if you're from the danger zone and moved out to a "safer neighborhood" please go back/give back to your peoples.

Whatever your skillset is, you can teach that to a youngster. If you're a black man over the age of 40, you should a have cause or a local non profit home to donate to.

If you don't have one, check us out... Kingmakers of Oakland

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
You're 100% right. I'm just not the type of person to give a damn about stereotypes because they've been around for so long and will stick around much longer after I'm in the ground and dead.

Very true. But you are missing two of the main issues. Fatherless homes and culture. Until those last two are addressed and on the path to correction we will forever be stuck in this hellscape where those of us who are law biding citizens living responsible lives will have to look elsewhere to raise our kids. And that is extremely unfortunate because we all know damn well white people and the government will never fix the two issues you laid out.
I completely agree with those points. I’m not really disagreeing with the points you’re making, just saying that I think we should be mindful of how we say it. And honestly, as annoyed as I get by white people perpetuating stereotypes, it’s more frustrating when black people buy into it. And that’s where I think it matters the most, if the solution is going to come from within the communities. I can’t stand somebody justifying their ignorance in the name of blackness.

But that’s just my personal opinion and not necessarily the priority. Just something I think we should consider

:yeshrug:

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
It's simple. There are certain things that is viewed as cool. Certain things that are lame. Who controls the culture? Whether its guns, fighting, etc. Find that out and you can change it.

For example, 10 years ago at my Juvie job there were "white boy drugs" and "black drugs". Thr white boys did the hardcore stuff. Blsck kids smoke weed.and some popped pills.

In 2024, black kids at my juvie job do hardcore drugs like the white boys. Why? Because somebody made it cool and changed the cUlture
The bolded is part of the problem.

No diss to you, but I was not brought up to believe that hoodrat shyt and degeneracy is part of black culture.

When I think of black culture, I think of soul food, several musical/art forms, legendary athletes, comedy, inspirational civil rights leaders/freedom fighters, car culture (depending on what region of the country you live in), innovation and other great things we’ve contributed to this country.

We let CACs control the narrative and make it seem like dysfunction is our culture and it’s really not.

It’s actually THEIR culture if you look through and study their history on this planet. Problem is, we are so desperate to mix with them we don’t seem to get that when we do, we always end up taking on their worst habits.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Of course, my point was why focus on the byproduct instead of the source?
Definitely.

As a black leader who slipped into a presidency you would have to address that.

There can/should be a lane for WAP and Drill Kill music, but ain't no fukking way my daughter should hear WAP 50 times a day.

Same negative songs beat into the heads of our youth. I wouldn't want the music ended, but I'd force the radio to balance out the different styles of hip hop.

Only reason young kids don't like lyrics is because they didn't receive that type of music in the media, the more types of music the radio plays the more you can counter the ignorance from this last era.

WAP is a fire ass song. Ain't no way I wouldn't want a hit record like that getting love. Doesn't mean it should be spun over and over and over again for it to still be a hit.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The bolded is part of the problem.

No diss to you, but I was not brought up to believe that hoodrat shyt and degeneracy is part of black culture.

When I think of black culture, I think of soul food, several musical/art forms, legendary athletes, comedy, inspirational civil rights leaders/freedom fighters, car culture (depending on what region of the country you live in), innovation and other great things we’ve contributed to this country.

We let CACs control the narrative and make it seem like dysfunction is our culture and it’s really not.

It’s actually THEIR culture if you look through and study their history on this planet. Problem is, we are so desperate to mix with them we don’t seem to get that when we do, we always end up taking on their worst habits.
Sure, Thomas Sowell (which I know most view as a koon on this board) says Blacks copy white, redneck culture . And take on their worst traits. And its the same today with youth culture. But again, how does that get viewed as uncool with people who think that's the norm.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The number one issue is the byproduct of white supremacy? What?:what:

Why can't community leaders speak on accountability without minimizing racism in this country.

You damn tethers aways try to reduce the impact of white supremacy.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Sure, Thomas Sowell (which I know most view as a koon on this board) says Blacks copy white, redneck culture . And take on their worst traits. And its the same today with youth culture. But again, how does that get viewed as uncool with people who think that's the norm.
Shaming fukking idiots.

I remember when I was in middle school, my father and grandmother told me about how up until the 70s, black kids who would act out would be ostracized by the other black kids.

The ones who did well (or even just average) in their classes would avoid them, usually because their parents would punish them if they caught them hanging out with the Kodak Blacks and Sexy Redds of the world.

I didn’t understand what or why they were telling me that at the time, obviously. But now I do.

We let retards have way too much influence over our culture rather than calling them what they are.

It reminds me of how when King Von died, some black people acted like he was the second coming of MLK/Malcolm X rather than call him what he was.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Shaming fukking idiots.

I remember when I was in middle school, my father and grandmother told me about how up until the 70s, black kids who would act out would be ostracized by the other black kids.

The ones who did well (or even just average) in their classes would avoid them, usually because their parents would punish them if they caught them hanging out with the Kodak Blacks and Sexy Redds of the world.

I didn’t understand what or why they were telling me that at the time, obviously. But now I do.

We let retards have way too much influence over our culture rather than calling them what they are.

It reminds me of how when King Von died, some black people acted like he was the second coming of MLK/Malcolm X rather than call him what he was.
It's better to have nikkas like King Von and mold them against white supremacy than it is to not have those types at all.

For every King Von, there's a Nipsey or PAC, they just ain't entertainers.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

Sowell is a racist, this isn't new and has nothing to do with how people on thecoli see him.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I agree with a lot of what people are saying in this thread...a lot of deep issues in the community.

One thing I think people are neglecting is the gun aspect though...guns are just too easy for ignorant nikkas to get. This ultimately wouldn't have happened if these people didn't have guns. The main reason the US has so much gun violence is partially cultural issues, but also because there are just too many fukking guns in circulation. Some people just don't need to have a gun.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

I think you need to take a step back and realize some people just flat out don't care. Whether it's cool or looked at as cool is besides the point

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
It's better to have nikkas like King Von and mold them against white supremacy than it is to not have those types at all.

For every King Von, there's a Nipsey or PAC, they just ain't entertainers.
In theory I agree, but let’s be real, are they moving like that in 2024? Back in the day some did.

If crips/bloods/VLs/GDs, etc. started targeting racist cops and pumping drugs in white neighborhoods exclusively, I’d seriously be willing to put money on every gang member’s commissary when they get locked up.

I mean they’re willing to crash out on each other because they feel hopeless, why not take the suicide bomber approach and crash out on the people who contributed to that hopeless feeling?

But they’re not.