Detroit community activist calls out behavior/mindset that led to mass shooting on 7/7/24

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
It's not Black men that's the issue. The root cause is child abuse/neglect, but the culprits are why we'll never address it.

They degrade and abuse those boys from the moment they're born and destroy their pride and self-image. Combine that with the non-stop anti-Black propaganda we now view as "the culture" being made to look like the only way Black men can succeed, and you get the current situation.

They project their own lack of self-love onto every other Black person and don't think our lives have value which is why they're so quick to kill another Black person. But all that happens from constantly tearing down and dehumanizing Black boys/men. We all know who makes these little boys who grow into dysfunctional men have so much self-hatred, but we just let them continue painting themselves as the eternal victim :yeshrug:

Black men aren't the issue? What's the race and gender of them men pulling up to functions firing 100+ shots at random people with worse aim than the average Call of Duty player?

I hate when people try to make black men the boogie man or scape goat but we need to keep it really real in situations like these.

It's not a car full of white men, white women, Mexicans, or black women committing these crimes.

The best way to keep our boys away from abuse and neglect is two parent households. The men and women capable of providing two parent households are getting the fukk out of these cities.

I feel like you should change the framing of your statement. It’s not the whiteness that makes your current neighborhood better. You could move to a hood or a trailer park full of white people and have similar issues as before or move to a more affluent black neighborhood (if there are any near you) and the situation be just as good. I get what you’re saying, but framing it the way you did implies whiteness in a neighborhood is inherently better. The same way some people do with regard to trusting white vs. black lawyers, doctors, etc.

You're right... partially. I could move my son to a trailer park full of white people and we would mostly see racial abuse rather than what's happening in Detroit. If I moved my son to an affluent black neighborhood he'd probably be good, but do yourself a favor and look up the statistics on young black men living in affluent neighborhoods and see how many of them graduate high school and go to college compared to ending up in jail. Even when black men live in affluent/nice neighborhoods or suburbs their death by homicide rate is higher than anyone else.

And I don't give a fukk about the framing. It is high time that we recognize that our culture allows this type of violent behavior to fester, and from there work towards correcting it.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
It has been infinitely easier to raise my son in a mostly white neighborhood while instilling racial pride into him than putting him in a dangerous situation.

:comeon: the neighborhood doesnt have to be white.

My parents did the same thing for me and my younger brother only for us to move back lmao.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
The number one issue is the byproduct of white supremacy? What?:what:

Why can't community leaders speak on accountability without minimizing racism in this country.
It is the byproduct of white supremacy doe. nikkas wasn't killing each other at these rates until white folks took control of our entertainment.

Although the 90's gave us legends and pro black revolutionaries, folks that was listening to RUN DMC and Cook Herk and nikkas like that DID NOT ASK FOR NWA (I believe some were and at that time it was necessary).

My era doe. We didn't ask to exchange drug dealer influences for drug user influences. Nobody asked for Future and Kodak Black. Absolutely nobody.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Black men aren't the issue? What's the race and gender of them men pulling up to functions firing 100+ shots at random people with worse aim than the average Call of Duty player?

I hate when people try to make black men the boogie man or scape goat but we need to keep it really real in situations like these.

It's not a car full of white men, white women, Mexicans, or black women committing these crimes.

The best way to keep our boys away from abuse and neglect is two parent households. The men and women capable of providing two parent households are getting the fukk out of these cities.

You're right... partially. I could move my son to a trailer park full of white people and we would mostly see racial abuse rather than what's happening in Detroit. If I moved my son to an affluent black neighborhood he'd probably be good, but do yourself a favor and look up the statistics on young black men living in affluent neighborhoods and see how many of them graduate high school and go to college compared to ending up in jail. Even when black men live in affluent/nice neighborhoods or suburbs their death by homicide rate is higher than anyone else.

And I don't give a fukk about the framing. It is high time that we recognize that our culture allows this type of violent behavior to fester, and from there work towards correcting it.
there was a thread the other day about this exact issue where posters were clutching their pearls about black kids growing up around white people and how the parents have to be c00ns and the kid is going to turn out as some racially awkward confused Negro.

But there’s really no other alternative. there’s not exactly tons and tons of middle-class to upper middle-class black neighborhoods with great schools and supportive community. Even in the case of black middle-class neighborhoods there’s still a particular propensity to fukkery that occurs.

I have said this time and time again but one of the bigger issues in our community is that we don’t have a culture of social climbing.

on some level I get why as in the west, getting to the top of that ladder means you are surrounded by white people. But the good news about social climbing is it creates a buffer class of people who are eager to separate themselves from the lower class and all of the issues that come with it.

We as a people dont do that.. Which is why the middle-class smart and gifted kid tends to wind up being dragged down in the same fukkery as hood kids.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps

It could be abuse, it could be drug use, etc. You’re right. But you’d still want to move your child away.

Nah, you should care about framing because it’s how stereotypes are perpetuated. We should speak very specifically so people understand what the ACTUAL issues are. These are issues of poverty stricken, under-resourced, black neighborhoods. It’s not just because they’re black. And when you make it sound like that, you muddy the waters, make finding solutions more difficult, and create an opportunity for racists to creative an untrue narrative that hurts you in the long run.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The number one issue is the byproduct of white supremacy? What?:what:

Why can't community leaders speak on accountability without minimizing racism in this country.
They min racism because its easier and more comforting to blame black people in Detroit. This is from the same city that have sides of towns without stop lights but yes lets give the classic bootstraps speech!

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Most widespread issues will never be “fixed.” Homelessness, wealth inequality, poverty, racism etc., will always exist to some degree. But if you don’t work toward improving the situation it’s going to get worse. So while it may SEEM futile to have conversations about it because you know it’ll never be “fixed,” it’s really not. The key is not having the conversation with a bunch of idiots.

:wow::ehh:real spit

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Issue will never be fixed that's why I hate commenting on these threads now.
It can be fixed for sure, but people do not want to do what is necessary to fix it. These people that are doing these crimes are not generally model citizens that just snapped, but people with long criminal histories. These are not people that society "failed" because of poverty/schooling/jobs/etc, but are demons that would cause problems no matter where they grew up.

We know that most of these people are not coming from strong two parent (or even one) households, but some mix of govt assistance/ghetto living with garbage parents. We know that most of them get passed down this dysfunction from their families and others in their vicinity.

These people, when they commit violent crimes need to go to jail for a long time. We cant keep waiting before they graduate to killing people to put them away for good. It only takes a few of these people to ruin it for the rest trying to live normally. Also the people birthing and "raising" these shytstains need to start getting penalized. Losing govt assistance, paying restitution, paying for their shyt children to go to a military school somewhere else, etc.... .

We can fix this but when you say things like this people want to say you hate your people, that you cant fix the community like that. But you for damn sure cant fix anything by saying some words at a press conference after the fact.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Nah, you should care about framing because it’s how stereotypes are perpetuated.
You're 100% right. I'm just not the type of person to give a damn about stereotypes because they've been around for so long and will stick around much longer after I'm in the ground and dead.

These are issues of poverty stricken, under-resourced, black neighborhoods. It’s not just because they’re black
Very true. But you are missing two of the main issues. Fatherless homes and culture. Until those last two are addressed and on the path to correction we will forever be stuck in this hellscape where those of us who are law biding citizens living responsible lives will have to look elsewhere to raise our kids. And that is extremely unfortunate because we all know damn well white people and the government will never fix the two issues you laid out.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It is the byproduct of white supremacy doe. nikkas wasn't killing each other at these rates until white folks took control of our entertainment.

Although the 90's gave us legends and pro black revolutionaries, folks that was listening to RUN DMC and Cook Herk and nikkas like that DID NOT ASK FOR NWA (I believe some were and at that time it was necessary).

My era doe. We didn't ask to exchange drug dealer influences for drug user influences. Nobody asked for Future and Kodak Black. Absolutely nobody.

But homicide rates were higher in the mid/late 80s and 90s than they are now. Besides the temporary bump during covid, crime has been falling for a decade. We aren't close to the levels of violence that were happening in the 90s.

I agree with a lot of what the speaker was saying but you already know certain influencers and powers are in place to shut that shyt down. A black man loudly preaching like that turns a certain group of people off, and that same group will point out his calls for men to protect the community as a problem. We have to grapple with the reality that a lot of community shyt is compromised right now in many cities, and those groups often receive resources ahead of other groups.

There's a problem when large groups of young men don't have jobs, aren't doing jack shyt, have no real connection to their families, are fathering children and bouncing, etc. It's an endless cycle of despair that I'm not sure how to fix. I honestly think the cake is already baked. How do we address an issue where there are multiple generations already in place to carry on the same shyt. From the young adults to the 10 year old brothers to the newborns. They're already on track for this shyt to continue.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's simple. There are certain things that is viewed as cool. Certain things that are lame. Who controls the culture? Whether its guns, fighting, etc. Find that out and you can change it.

For example, 10 years ago at my Juvie job there were "white boy drugs" and "black drugs". Thr white boys did the hardcore stuff. Blsck kids smoke weed.and some popped pills.

In 2024, black kids at my juvie job do hardcore drugs like the white boys. Why? Because somebody made it cool and changed the cUlture