Superstar
Supporter
Daps
New poster
poster.original.jpg

reigun

Superstar
Daps
More screenings happening tonight in the states.

Still can't find any negative reactions (and I'm trying). They might done pulled this shyt off.
The crazy thing is YOU KNOW they turning this into a franchise. Expect pokemon movies every 2 years. shyt is gonna be the next Fast and the furious. It's coming at a PERFECT time as well with endgame wrapping up the mcu as we know it(Yes i know the mcu technically continues with phase 4 and beyond but endgame is the end of what we know)

The only question is do they continue with the detective pikachu format or do they really say fukk it and go all out and do a proper adventure.... One movie for each region? So many possibilities here.

Edit
Sequel is already in production. So looks like they gonna keep the detective pikachu format at least for the next movie.

'Detective Pikachu' Sequel in the Works With '22 Jump Street' Writer (Exclusive)

I just wanna see my nikka Totodile!
giphy.gif
I know some hardcore fans and nostalgia freaks have complained, but going with Detective Pikachu as the first movie was a stroke of genius. First, the fact that it's based on a relatively short visual novel means it's easily adaptable. It's basically already a movie; just trim the fat and you've got something that already works.

Second, it's such an easy entry point for people unfamiliar with the franchise. You've got an easy story to follow, and that allows them to focus more on the characters and establishing the world of Pokemon.

Finally, there's so many places they can go next. The fact that Pikachu and Tim are detectives means you can throw them in just about any situation as long as there's a mystery to it. Meaning you can go into Pokemon Leagues, gyms, Team Rocket, Pokemon Rangers, etc and have a solid through-line for audiences to follow into sequels. And if people like those concepts enough, you can do spinoffs.

There's so much potential in this universe.